The Academy Is

whatsername104

why is this thread like, DEAD?

stinkin' Sleeping With Giants tour is coming... ANYBODY GOING?

i'm so on for the Philly date. i'm so glad they actually had a date in philly this time, not in atlantic city which is like two hours away. i missed their entire set except for maybe 2 songs when i went to the Honda Civic Tour. and that made me bummed out about the whole thing, pretty much.

but yeah, i'm excited.

I'll probaby hit the Vegas date, even though I'm annoyed that they're playing a way smaller venue then they did on Truckstops & Statelines, which was sold out or almost sold out.

well, i'm glad because on Truck Stops and Statelines, they didn't even come to philly! so i had to convince my dad to drive me to atlantic city. i'm not in LOVE with the Electric Factory, but i think it'd be nice to see TAI there. and Armor For Sleep, esp. since i haven't seen them since December of '05.

the only thing i'm bummed about is that the Rocket Summer is on the bill for the tour... no offense to anyone or anything, but i REALLY don't like them... or i guess, him. hahah.

well, i'm glad because on Truck Stops and Statelines, they didn't even come to philly! so i had to convince my dad to drive me to atlantic city. i'm not in LOVE with the Electric Factory, but i think it'd be nice to see TAI there. and Armor For Sleep, esp. since i haven't seen them since December of '05.

the only thing i'm bummed about is that the Rocket Summer is on the bill for the tour... no offense to anyone or anything, but i REALLY don't like them... or i guess, him. hahah.

Well, there are pros and cons to the venue they're playing here, so I don't know. I just think it's weird that they would play a smaller venue I guess.

i know this coming tuesday is a presale... according to their website, it's for people who are their "friends" on myspace. dunno how that works, but that's what the website says. ALSO, there's a separate presale on Monday for people who have joined Santi's Little Helpers (not me, boo.)

*AHA! I FOUND IT! general sale is next friday, the 13th. OOOOOHHH SCARYY.

sorry it's three different things, but they were in different spots of different posts on the website.

Myspace friends presale:

taitourinfo.jpg

Santi's Little Helpers presale:

santislittlehelperspresale.jpg

General sale:

generalsalesleepingwgiants.jpg

Guest Arya

I have a stupid question. Does this band have any profanity in it or sex talk or something? I'm thinking about giving them a shot, but I don't want to listen to music with that in it. :)

I have a stupid question. Does this band have any profanity in it or sex talk or something? I'm thinking about giving them a shot, but I don't want to listen to music with that in it. :)

The only song I can think of off the top of my head with profanity is "Black Mamba".

Only a couple songs have profanity and stuff in it. Not too much though.
I think it's cool how there's 2 levels of membership, though. A lot of kids can't afford to shell out $30 for a fan club, so doing the $10 version without the card/tee and all that is really cool.
I agree. Most fan clubs aren't like that.

Guest Arya
Only a couple songs have profanity and stuff in it. Not too much though.

Thanks! Do you know which ones, so I can avoid 'em?

Oooo alrighty. I won't listen to Black Mamba, then. Thanks!

i'm SO excited they're touring with armor for sleep in the fall!!!

Oh yeah and Sherwood so it should all be fun!

Are any of you from IL/MO going to the pop's show or have been to pop's, because that's the only thing from keeping me seeing tai, the fact that it's in the bad part of town... but other than that this concert should be AMAZING!

general public sale is Friday, yeah.

i figured out that i'm not gonna be going to the Philly date. i'd really like to, but today i talked to my friend who i would have gone with and she told me that Ace Enders (former TEN [RIP, boohoo]) is doing a solo show in August that she'd rather go to and i was like "what the hell, sounds good to me" and it'll be relatively small. tickets for that go on sale friday, too, and she can't afford to buy tickets for both, so we're just gonna go to the Ace Enders solo show! haha.

so everyone, when SWG rolls around, have fun, enjoy, and come back to this thread and spill the beans and the pictures. and i'm sure i'll be able to find vids on Youtube and all that.

oo i might go for my birthday.

tho when theyre in philly its a few months after my birthday.

what, like you'll get the tickets as a b-day gift? that's what happened with me for Warped. my b-day was mid-June but my warped date isn't until august! i was shocked that my mom wasn't completely opposed to it.

and now she can't be opposed to this, because, i'm not going haha. i just hope she says yes to the concert i want to go to instead, because i'm sure it's cheaper.

i hope you get to go! esp. for your b-day. it's nice not having to pay for a show for once.