Utah - Sept 11

bradsonemanband

so my camera ran out of batteries, and i had only 3 extra dollars so i just left it home.

Cute Is What We Aim For was the only band to mention anything about 9-11. they had everyone take a moment of silence. their drummer threw a bottle cap at the singer during this time. haha kinda funny...

when Paramore came on stage, i chuckled to myself... it was just Hayley in her white gown and a lantern...walked to an electronic piano and started playing what i think was that "Breathe" song...just the piano part though. no singing that i can remember. and then the rest of the band came out and started playing it, then it went straight into "Emergency." they had a lot of cool interludes into their songs, and a couple different versions of songs. also, Hayley played piano on a few songs. even songs that dont have keys on the album, which was neato. overall, i was only semi-pleased with their set. i was hoping they'd play at least one full new song and "Hallelujah"... oh well. but they played most of the songs off the album which was cool.

before the show, i was walking to Subway and Jeremy scootered passed me and gave me the peace sign. cool.

and also, it didn't really seem like Paramore played for THAT long...maybe they did, but i dunno. every time i see them, it seems to go by really fast.

anywho, i had fun. even though i went to the show alone. haha.

so my camera ran out of batteries, and i had only 3 extra dollars so i just left it home.

Cute Is What We Aim For was the only band to mention anything about 9-11. they had everyone take a moment of silence. their drummer threw a bottle cap at the singer during this time. haha kinda funny...

when Paramore came on stage, i chuckled to myself... it was just Hayley in her white gown and a lantern...walked to an electronic piano and started playing what i think was that "Breathe" song...just the piano part though. no singing that i can remember. and then the rest of the band came out and started playing it, then it went straight into "Emergency." they had a lot of cool interludes into their songs, and a couple different versions of songs. also, Hayley played piano on a few songs. even songs that dont have keys on the album, which was neato. overall, i was only semi-pleased with their set. i was hoping they'd play at least one full new song and "Hallelujah"... oh well. but they played most of the songs off the album which was cool.

before the show, i was walking to Subway and Jeremy scootered passed me and gave me the peace sign. cool.

and also, it didn't really seem like Paramore played for THAT long...maybe they did, but i dunno. every time i see them, it seems to go by really fast.

anywho, i had fun. even though i went to the show alone. haha.

I read somewhere someone saying when they were asking josh where hayley was he said she had a blood blister on her vocal chord. That's pretty serious as it's a major sign of extreme stress on the vocal chords. If she develops something more serious like a hemorrhagic polyp, she'd have to cancel whatever tours/stops remaining and get ready to have laser surgery, as those don't go away by themselves. I remember someone saying at the huntington beach acoustic set she was cracking all over the place. Well when you have something such as a blister on your true chords the blister will touch the other side of the vocal chord before its symmetric side does, it ends up making you sound like a "EOOHH"ing donkey. I know from experience.. I've had one and they HURT.

I guess that was a real roundabout way of saying that if she cant sing brighter because as she says, "It hurts to do." No way she'll get through hallelujah. =( And kudos for you for hitting up the concert solo, true fan right there. :)

Hehe, no problem. I've done A LOT of research particularly on the throat and vocal chords after getting injured. I use to scream a lot when I was playing in a band. Basically you have two sets of vocal chords. Theres your true chords, which you speak/sing with and look like thin white strips. They touch together and vibrate to make the sounds we use everyday. The false chords are another set of chords placed higher in the throat above the true chords. It's litterally a fold of mucous membrane covering muscle in the larynx. The false vocal cord separates the ventricle of the larynx from the vestibule of the larynx. Also called the false vocal fold.

If you scream like.... Bert from the used; (slamming the two sets of chords together in the throat) you'll end up in shreds or one up from hayley's situation and get a polyp. (Fluid filled ickyness on the chords themselves.)

polypsVocalCords.gif

It's better to isolate the false chords when screaming and push down on your diaphragm for volume, not getting it out of your throat. And I haven't been able to tell if Josh screams using his throat or not.. I can produce the sound he makes doing it the right and the wrong way.. Considering under paramore's website they have a link to a vocal coach's dvd's who lives in nashville I'm ASSUMING he's doing it the right way? O_o; Dunno, sorry for rambling.

• Like 1

That's really interesting info Trevor...I figured there was a right way and a wrong way to do singing and screaming, but never really understood what it was...

And yeah, Hayley definitely has a vocal coach...not sure if Josh goes to the same person or not, but I would guess he's probably at least had a little training...he does his screaming infrequently enough that, even if he's doing it the wrong way, it might not cause him any problems, right?

hmm, I dont know I'm not really an expert or anything. But I'd imagine that he could make it through the tour without a problem, since he only really does it when they play my heart, and they don't play that every night anyway.

If it's spaced out enough where its getting time to heal before he trashes it again it'll be fine in terms of health/pain. But I'd imagine that by doing so for a long time you'd shorten the range of your singing voice.

being alone at a show isnt all that bad. especially if you dont really know anyone there. cuz then you can just be yourself and not feel stupid singing along and dancing. haha

Yeah...I go to shows by myself all the time...I enjoy it - I can just relax and listen to the music...