Paramore #6 On Top Rock Videos On Mtv

chrisseh11

So wait... does this mean they are going to play the video on MTV?

yea how did they get a higher spot than RHCP and all those popular bands... I mean I do think that paramore is better than those bands... but they havent been around nearly as long and it just doesnt make any sense to me.

I'm really not sure how to feel about this at the moment. I might need a few days to fully process whats happening.

I know its great for the band, but honestly right now the thought of paramore on mtv is making me feel rather sick.

you took the words right out of my mouth.

but i AM still happy for them, getting all this success and whatnot, but it is getting kindof scary for the fans in a way.

They deserve and it's really cool!! But mtv?! I'm happy for them but like i said mtv? Mtv's pretty big and once they do start playing Paramore then people aren't gonna like them for the music they're just gonna like them for how they look!! And for just all the wrong reasons. People will start thinking Hayley is just like very other singer like Britteny Spears and that Paramore dosent write their own music and we all know we don't want that to happen right? Well anyways it's still good to hear they're doing well and i'm happy for them :)

YAYYYYYYAYAYAYA i'm so happy. we should vote for emergency on TRL.

yup yup. then, if they're ever on the show, i can go be a crazed lunatic in the crowd :D like the girl who hugged Justin Timberlake, and the only reason he let her was because she was bawling. I wonder if JOsh would do the same ....

haha j/k

Ok, first of all - has anyone actually seen the video on MTV yet? I have to admit I don't do much MTV watching anymore...what is MTV Overdrive? Just their online place where you can watch vids? The rock vids don't look like they're in any particular order to me...but the fact that Paramore's in there with those other bands is HUGE...and it seems to me to potentially signal that some MTV play may very well be in their near future...

If that does happen - we should be THRILLED for them...I know it can sometimes feel crappy when the band only you've heard of and been a fan of forever gets mainstream recognition (like they're being ripped away from you somehow) - but guys - this is Paramore. These are absolutely great kids who make amazing music. NO ONE deserves it more if it happens. And it's not going to change who they are or the music they make.

This is why they made such an amazing video for Emergency...it deserves to get played on MTV and they deserve all the recognition and success they can get...plenty of far less deserving bands have gotten so much more and I'm so excited for them if this is the start of their big break...

Ok, first of all - has anyone actually seen the video on MTV yet? I have to admit I don't do much MTV watching anymore...what is MTV Overdrive? Just their online place where you can watch vids? The rock vids don't look like they're in any particular order to me...but the fact that Paramore's in there with those other bands is HUGE...and it seems to me to potentially signal that some MTV play may very well be in their near future...

If that does happen - we should be THRILLED for them...I know it can sometimes feel crappy when the band only you've heard of and been a fan of forever gets mainstream recognition (like they're being ripped away from you somehow) - but guys - this is Paramore. These are absolutely great kids who make amazing music. NO ONE deserves it more if it happens. And it's not going to change who they are or the music they make.

This is why they made such an amazing video for Emergency...it deserves to get played on MTV and they deserve all the recognition and success they can get...plenty of far less deserving bands have gotten so much more and I'm so excited for them if this is the start of their big break...

i haven't seen it on MTV yet, and i watch Rock Cowntdown every week. Overdrive IS where you watch em online, so it may be a poll of most watch online or something? idk. The will most likely be played on MTV2 first, then MTV. and I believe that there will be a new batch of Discover & Download artists soon, and maybe Paramore will be one of them because their video is on that thing? because that's how it as with RJA. their video was all over MTV Overdrive, as with Cartel, and Head Automatica, and they were this summer's Discover & Download artists. They'll probably have some for the winter and fall though, so maybe this indicates it? if so, they wil DEFINATELY be on MTV2.

• Like 1

i haven't seen it on MTV yet, and i watch Rock Cowntdown every week. Overdrive IS where you watch em online, so it may be a poll of most watch online or something? idk. The will most likely be played on MTV2 first, then MTV. and I believe that there will be a new batch of Discover & Download artists soon, and maybe Paramore will be one of them because their video is on that thing? because that's how it as with RJA. their video was all over MTV Overdrive, as with Cartel, and Head Automatica, and they were this summer's Discover & Download artists. They'll probably have some for the winter and fall though, so maybe this indicates it? if so, they wil DEFINATELY be on MTV2.

That makes sense - I could definitely see them going from mtvU to MTV2 next...and then maybe up to the big channel...of course, MTV only runs what? Like 6 videos a day now? :)

You are absolutely right. They are more deserving of it than any band I know of... it just seems like this happened so quickly (assuming this is the beginning of their big break).

I've only seen it on 2 channels over here neither of them are really popular i don't think. I'm suprised i haven't seen it on Kerrang maybe i haven't been looking hard enough. But MTV2 does seem to be the next most logical place where it will be shown.

GO VOTE!! haha this is for FUSE, but still.

http://fuse.tv/polls.php?PHPSESSID=bd48830fe1b0b94ad1d754636637fc85

click on No.1 countdown weekly poll and scroll a little and find Paramore - Emergency.Also, on weekly viewer's pol, you can vote for the episode of the F List, Girls of Warped Tour, which i believe paramore is on. (if i remember correctly, they were number 2, just losing to No Doubt)

i REALLY love the meet and greet idea. because you get to take lots of pics w/ them and just hang out. i think that even though this was their headlining tour i spent wayyy more time w/ them. i hope they keep that on the rest of their headlining tours.

Yeah - the meet and greets were great and so well done...the casual atmosphere was perfect.