Post pics of your Instruments! Show your Setup!

Renith182

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HPIM8247.jpg

Pictured iiiis:

A Yamaha Pacifica. Not the most high-tech of guitars, i know, but it's served me well the 2 years i've been learning, and i love it to bits :) I'm after an Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde signature model. They look and sound absolutely beautiful. It's a shame i'm skint, really ;)

Some acoustic or other- I'm really not sure ! It was my mums from when she was my age, and i've been learning to play it since i was 7. Still sounds as good as ever.

The Bass is some cheapo Swift thing- I don't play Bass seriously, just picked that and a small 10w Peavey amp up off eBay (hardcore !) for a few quid and have been dabbling about in it for about a year-ish. Love playing it, but it sounds like a huge pink bumbling mess. Considering investing in a Dean bass, anyone got any recommendations ?

Hiding behind the guitars is a Marshall MG15DCR. It was cheap, sounds good and is excellent for a practice amp. Hooray.

Stashed away in my band's drummer's garage is a Vox half-stack, a dunlop cry baby wah pedal and some cheapycheap behringer distortion pedal. Effects aren't really my thing...

The last thing i own is just incredibly hardcore, you ready for it ?

HPIM8248.jpg

You're jealous, i know you are ! Clarinets ftw ;)

I'm not particularly good at playing any of the instruments i own, but it's what i spend my time doing anyway ! :)

Ok i'll post what pics i can find!!!

431423164_l.jpg

431422550_l.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

This was the first guitar i got.....i stole it from my cousin.lol

Then....

DSC00406.jpg

This is my Squire fender guitar- Very basic but helped me get started!!

DSC00408.jpg

This one cost something like £40 second hand ans sounds pretty good! It a Westfield!!

DSC00242.jpg

My Epiphone Les Paul special 2, cost me £175! first guitar i bought out of my own money!!! We went trick or treating with the guitars and mini amps.

DSC00407.jpg

This was a freebie! My mum found it!!! It a Yamaha!

DSC00238.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

This my most recent, i have had it about a year1 Its my Daisy Rock guitar!!

Should be pink but is redish

I have a vox ad30 something amp i'll check later!!!

• 3 months later...
Ren

you remember how I was complaining how I've been playing a shitty guitar for 3 years.

well

this christmas,I recieved the most beautiful Les Paul Custom with Ivory finnish in the whole world.

picsas soon :)

wow thats awesome. is it a real Gibson Les paul custom? that must look fuckin sick!haha i just sent u my ballot. Tomorrow is a great day for ren. ill post tomorrow as to why. :)

how bout i describe it.

it's in three pieces, sitting o so nicely in it's soft case, never being taken out unless i'm in band class and i am forced to play it! =]

Lol. Three pieces? broken or just ghetto? haha

Ren

i have a fender! idk if it comes in two pieces ... haha i'm kinda not so knowledgable yet. about guitars.

i am rachna. and yes, i have seen you as well.

i make fun of jarrod for his odd tastes in music. and introduce him to hot spanish actresses ;)

Jarrod i go back to may haha. We used to have a major crush on hayley Williams . We made a pact that if either one of us had her we would be cool with that. but if anyone else had her we'd whoop his ass! hahahaa.

He has a broad taste in music. jarrod if ur listening i think you're an asshole! wih a spanish actress!

Ren

haha nice deal.

yes, a VERY broad taste in music. some of it a little scary. =/ haha

Yes scary indeed. Cradle of FIlth scary haha. hes an awesome guy. I love him to balls. Well jarrod has a girlfriend now. so he cant have hayley. Im still stupid and single. Jarrod is stealing my women :(

Do u have a 'space'? haha

Ren

I play guitar and drums (mostly) so I'll throw up some pictures of my babies if I can find any.... which apparently I can't right now so I'll find some later.

Some of you have really amazing gear, it's awesome! And for those of you with starter stuff, don't worry - it just makes getting an awesome piece of instrument-ship sweeter. And we've all gotta start somewhere.

I haven't got actual pics (haven't worked out how to use my camera yet) but here's what I have:

Westfield E4000

E4000-5.jpg

This was my first guitar, a (cheap) Les Paul Standard copy. It's very heavy with low action. I've had this for 2 years.

Yamaha Pacifica 112 XJ

yamaha_112xj.jpg

This was my second (electric) guitar, which might be surprising since it's a beginners guitar but I love it. So easy to play, because of the natural finish - it's light and the neck is fast. Plus I got it half price too so it was a great deal.

Crafter GA-8 Acoustic

ga_8_n_large.jpg

I don't play this much, as it's mine and my father's guitar - he usually plays it most of the time. But this really improved my playing when we first got it. It's got a good sound and was cheap too.

EKO Ranger 12 Acoustic (1969)

No pics of this and I can't find much info about this. This was my father's guitar which he bought back in 1969, so hopefully it's worth something =P It's a twelve string in good condition and is really loud.

Effects/Amp/Other Stuff/Etc.

Danelectro FAB Overdrive Pedal.

Zoom G2 Effects Processor.

Fender Chromatic Tuner.

Cheap Crap Practice Amp.

I plan on getting a Marshall Amp, and probably a Stealth Plug.

wow thats awesome. is it a real Gibson Les paul custom? that must look fuckin sick!haha i just sent u my ballot. Tomorrow is a great day for ren. ill post tomorrow as to why. :)

Lol. Three pieces? broken or just ghetto? haha

Ren

It's just an Epiphone Elitest exactly what Frank Iero from MCR plays I believe.

it's still beautiful

Playing it through one of theseee http://line6.com/spideriii/150.html

Hey guys.

Thought i'd try this thread. I know there are quite a few musicians on here so. This will be our 'Lounge'

Anyways ill start off with my current guitar rig.

DSCN1993.jpg

Marshall MG 50 DFX. Decent onboard effects. Smallest amp i could find with a footpedal. Good distortion and clean. Still wanting a Mesa Dual Recifier though ;)

DSCN1998.jpg

Planet Waves chromatic foot pedal tuner. Real nice. Use Planet Waves gold plated cables aswell (The short and the long). Awesome stuff.

DSCN2000.jpg

Cort MM1. Custom shop from Korea. Bloody good guitar for 600 bucks. Kinda like a PRS copy i suppose? Big though, because the Coffin Case was the only one that would fit it.

DSCN2001.jpg

Came with ORIGINAL Seymour Duncan pickups. Sweet ass deal

DSCN2002.jpg

Custom Freboard inlay. I went to a guitar tech downtown here, and he said he wouldnt do that for 600 bucks, so haha excellent deal. Part abalone aswell

DSCN2003.jpg

Sperzel Locking Tuners. God damn this is a great deal!

DSCN2004.jpg

Dunlop flame strap with dunlop straplocks. Holds it in REAL tight.

NEW ADDITION TO MY GUITAR FAMILY!

DSCN2005.jpg

Epiphone Les Paul studio Elitist. Made in JApan. THe fitment and finish is beautiful. Plays like a dream. Sounds like a dream. Its really heavy though. I dont mind. Its got such good sustain and deep tone. Came with a beautiful case.

DSCN2006.jpg

DSCN2007.jpg

So show everyone your rig. Im curious to see.

Ren

Wow...It's all so beautiful! I think my eyesight just got fixed.