LONDON KICKED A BIG BOTTOM! (London Reveiw)

XxSanctuaryxX

WOOT! Hey people! Sam here reporting :P. Sorry if this reveiw is a little long but hey, so congrats if you read it all (theres a long build up hehehe)

Ok, so its 11 am. I go to my best friends house and meet her friend, and then we get the bus to kingston for some last minute shopping. I was so excited i couldnt hold it in. So we decided to skip to a lot of places :P We went into Primark (Girls shopping stuff -_-) about 3 times :o, and then we looked in some other cool obscure shops. Time was ticking, and it was like 2 already, so we went to mcdonalds for some lunch.

We were all done in kingston, so we decided to leave and head home to get ready for the last few hours before the concert. The girls straightened their hair which took years, and they put on their make up and shiz, so we was ready by quarter to 5. :D I had to meet some of my other friends at the Mordern station at 5 so i left earlier to meet them. Come 5 past 5, we was all there except for one person. Come 5:30 he still wasnt here, so we decided to leave because i just couldnt risk being late.

We arrived at tottenham court road station at like quarter past 6. So now we had to find the venue. None of us was sure were it exactly was, so we spent about 10 mins walking up and down the street. My dad was the "leader" so he ran off to look for it. So we all waited. Then he came back, and told us it was almost oposite the train station..... -_- haha how typical. So we all rushed to get a quick bite to eat. McDonalds AGAIN! :S how unhealthy haha. I swear i saw a few people from the boards there! Anyways everyone was talking about Paramore in the toilets so i figured that they all were going..

so now it was quarter to 7. the line for the gig was just huge! But that was expected. So we trotted right to the back, and looked out for "puddles" that smelt rather werid incase we stepped in them. It was rather fun, well not really.... Luckily the line moved relatively quickly. I was looking out for you UK fans there! I didnt see one person! :( (maybe someone saw me? i dont know hehe) So we got to the enterance were the dude checks our tickets. This was the first problem of the night.. :( My best friends sister was 11, so she was underage for the show... The bouncer stopped her and said no way... so they had to go to the backstage. She was gutted and crying. The rest of us got in, so we decided to press on!

Inside the venue. It was just like a spinal tap moment! We didnt know where we was going, or why or when. We just followed each other in one big line. And quite typically, we missed the stairs to get down to the main bit. So we walked around in a full circle before realising. and the heat was terrible in there! :o. FINNALLLY we made it down there. It was already crowded hehe. Despite the long wait, we actually got a very good veiw at the front right hand side. Still no sign of paramorefans. people! :(

It was a late start, i think the whole thing kicked off at around about 8? someone can correct me there, but River Club opened, (which i think was the replacement for CIWWAF) they rocked, and had the crowd going. The lead singer did a nice little breakdown of here we go again in their last song. So they finished their set, and the next was on. Actually it was about a 35 min wait befor Madania (sp) lake came on. I think the drum set did it! At this time, the venue was pretty packed. So the lead singer of their band jumped in the crowd like 3 times.. Haha i remember when he came over to our side! Everyone kinda let him jump on the floor, so everyone got knocked over and pushed to the side. FUN! :D hehe.

About another 35 min later, they finshed their set. This was it. The big smoke haaa. Although the wait was pretty harsh, around about 40 minutes me and my friends timed..:S

But it didnt matter because it was Paramore. So the lights went out (DUH DUH DUMMM *Dramatic Music Plays*) and Hayley appeared and took her place at the keyboard. The crowd was mental. She did her beuatiful peice on the keyboard and then the band kicked straight into Emergency. The crowd got a little rowdy at this point. There was this one old man behind me who was trying to push his way in front of us. And we wernt having it. So i told my friends to just jump thinking it would give him a heart attack or something :$ lol. actually what happened was we jumped and i think i jumped on his toe, so he backed off a bit! lmao. Anyways..

The carried on through their set, being emergency, here we go again, conspiracy, pressure, all we know, my hero, franklin, never let this go, woah, and my heart. It all seemed rather short. This show felt extremely special though, as it was their last :( Hayley got the crowd going and spoke to us a lot. She made a beautiful speech about Franklin and how they havent been in ages and stuff, and it was all moving :( Apparently theyre going home to Franklin for the first time in a year i think she said? tommorow that will be. Suprisingly, the crowd wasnt too rowdy after emergency. She did a breakdown in here we go again but i forgot what one that was.. :S

So they finished up on Woah, which got the crowd going one last time, before they left :( (for an encore of course!) and the crowd began to chant PARAMORE! PARAMORE! And they came back out :D. They did My heart last, which was extremly emotional, as near the end, Hayley told the crowd to sing Woah, woah woah, in a nice tune (not the Woah song) and everyone sang thier hearts out. I noticed zach looking really emotional whilst we was singing, he was really loving it, but he looked really emotionally charged. And it was just a sad goodbye when they left :(

They have come such a long way and deserve everything. And personally, i can say that that day was the best day of all my life absolutely. It was just amazing. Hayley's voice was haunting, the energetic drums from zach was totally uplifting, and the guitar and bass from Josh Jeremy and Hunter just made everything worth while. Sorry, im lagging on a bit here, But im sure you guys will agree with me (those of you who were there) it was just a night of pure magic.

PHEWWWWWWW! Now thats done and dusted! Haha! I really appreciate it if you guys read this. It took me AGGESSS haha. I also have pictures to acompany this which i will post in the photography section later after i have uploaded them

Thats all for now! Paramore forever! Thanks

Sam xxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was amazing. I met Jeremy and Hunter before, but i didn't really know what to say so it kindve sucked....but the gig. I was totally blown away, the energy was electirc and it was just amazing!!!

And i think i know the indian guy you're talking about, well i thoguht he was chinese but still!!!!

Oh man i was in McDonald's toilets haha

I dropped my phone on the floor everyone looked wierdly at me, but damn i was trying to do my belt up, guys can't multi-task okay.

I agree on everything though, awesome awesome night