Getting Paramore on the radio.

Emergency32

Well, that's what i'm trying anyways. Yesterday i sent in a email to this radio station i listen to and they sent me an email back and said that they would check them out and myspace and try to get "Emergency" on the there. So hopefully that will work.

Anyways you guys should call in and request it!! It might just work. :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I've never heard Paramore on the radio over here, but I stopped listening to the radio when I got a car and could just play all my CDs the whole time, because the radio here plays ghetto crap and FOB and Panic!....and I don't like any of that/get sick of hearing the same thing over and over.

yea thats how it is here on lovely long island.

z100 repeats over and over the same rap and pop and overplay everything.

i only listen to the spanish radio channels when im in the car, which never happens cuz im always walking or on my bike, so i got my ipod.

i dont know about you guys but i personally wouldnt want paramore on the radio station. Especially from where im from, cuz i know the kids and they wouldnt appreciate them the same way we do here on this forum.

we don't even really have a "rock" station here anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Just for the simple fact that radio kills songs by playing them WAY too often, I'm not too sure if I like the idea of Paramore being on the radio. Sooo many good bands have gone to waste because of that. Sure, it's great for the band, but if it's overdone, it can also kill them, and I'd rather not see that happen.

Edit//FOB and Panic!, for example--I know other people have said it, too...

Shame.

Just for the simple fact that radio kills songs by playing them WAY too often, I'm not too sure if I like the idea of Paramore being on the radio. Sooo many good bands have gone to waste because of that. Sure, it's great for the band, but if it's overdone, it can also kill them, and I'd rather not see that happen.

Edit//FOB and Panic!, for example--I know other people have said it, too...

Shame.

If you want Paramore to be successful, they're going to need radio (and MTV, etc.) exposure to get there. And I know that I want them to be successful...and I'm pretty sure that's what they want as well - to have their music heard by as many people as they can reach.

And it hasn't killed FOB or Panic! - yeah, they're not little bands just known by a small group of fans anymore and I know that can be hard for the fans who originally were into the band to accept....but there's nothing wrong with a band getting big. FOB, in particular, still writes great songs and puts out great albums.