• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Casually Dressed > Hours > TDTT

In my opinion.

I loved the start of Hours, the first 3 songs are absolutely amazing. But it tails off after that. TDTT doesn't have any lastability, I don't really listen to much from that album anymore despite whoring it when it came out. Casually Dressed is pure gold though, can hardly fault it.

Casually Dressed > Hours > TDTT

In my opinion.

I loved the start of Hours, the first 3 songs are absolutely amazing. But it tails off after that. TDTT doesn't have any lastability, I don't really listen to much from that album anymore despite whoring it when it came out. Casually Dressed is pure gold though, can hardly fault it.

Fully agree with everything you said.

And Novella = best song.

When you get into the realms of "best song" I find it much harder to pick one than I did with the albums.

I'd probably say either "Streetcar" or "She Drove Me To Daytime Television".

She drove me to daytime television was a great song too, we used to shout the "I WANT TO SNAP YOUR NECK IN TWO" line in college when it came on the jukebox in the common room lol

And I might be seeing them in December :mrgreen:

She drove me to daytime television was a great song too, we used to shout the "I WANT TO SNAP YOUR NECK IN TWO" line in college when it came on the jukebox in the common room lol

And I might be seeing them in December :mrgreen:

I was like December!?!?:willy_nilly: there, but then I realised you're in Wales and they're doing the Wales leg of the tour in December haha.

I was like December!?!?:willy_nilly: there, but then I realised you're in Wales and they're doing the Wales leg of the tour in December haha.

Yeah lol they're actually coming to Swansea too, which is rare for bands and I missed them last time they were down here so hopefully I'll see them this time (y)

Yeah lol they're actually coming to Swansea too, which is rare for bands and I missed them last time they were down here so hopefully I'll see them this time (y)

Yeah, they are awesome live. I saw them in a 300 capacity venue last month and I swear it was probably the best gig I've been to in about a year and a half.

Funeral for a Friend: Memory and Humanity - October 28th on Victory Records

ffaf_m&h_packshot.jpg

Track Listing

1. Rules And Games

2. To Die Like Mouchette

3. Kicking And Screaming

4. Constant Illuminations

5. Maybe I Am?

6. You Can't See The Forest For The Wolves

7. Building

8. Beneath The Burning Tree

9. Someday The Fire...

10. Waterfront Dance Club

11. Charlie Don't Surf

12. Ghosts

13. Constant Resurrections

------------------------------------------

The artwork is very Casually Dressed era I think, "You Can't See The Forest For The Wolves" is a fucking awesome song. Live it was mindblowing and I imagine it'll be jsut as great on record. I think the 28th is just America cause I'm sure that it's coming out on the 5th anniversary of Casually Dressed - 13th October.

I saw the new video for "Kicking and Screaming" on Scuzz this morning. I'd say the song was decent, but their videos recently have been... watered down - the music has, no where near as "heavy" or "loud" as the songs have then been. If you get what I'm trying to say. If the song is heavier than the video audio then it should be a very good song (and album).