LJ 4.23.07

sometimes, you gotta update your lj. [23 Apr 2007|06:00pm]

[ music | the dudes playing geetar. ]

third day into the tour and i'm freakin hoarse already!

man, we've forgotten what it's like to tour. sore necks, sore throats and the most fun you can possibly imagine. we wanna thank you guys who've been out to the shows already for putting up with our rustiness and for reminding us how amazing ya'll are. it's only gonna get better from here :smile:

yesterday, we had a day off in orlando. we decided to spend the first half of it rehearsing and changing the set around a bit. so, we called up our friends at the fort studio, where we recorded AWKIF and rented a room out for a few hours. starting tonight the show will be slightly different than what we had already planned. i think it will be a good change. orlando is beautiful. i think we'll probably always love it like a second home. every time we come through here it reminds us of when we were living in our apt. practicing next to discount music, trying to make our way into the music world. fun times...

the social brings back good memories too. the first band we saw here was Band Marino. they are soo good. folky and dancy at the same time. if you live in the area you should definitely check em out. tonight, our friend Renee is comin by to hang with us. you probably know the Renee that I'm talkin about if you are familiar with To Write Love On Her Arms. Ever since Cornerstone, FL last year we've been pretty good friends and we can't freakin wait to see her tonight. SHE'S THE BADDEST CHICK EVER! If you dunno about TWLOHA, you should... so check it out (http://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/TOWRITELOVEONHERARMS).

i gotta get outta here for now :smile: see ya'll at the show.

ps. we've seen a couple posts about the merch and we're so glad you guys seem to like it.

what do you guys like most? what do ya'll wanna see at our merch booth this year?

Brittany, you beat me to posting this by like, 30 seconds, and then i realized you had. :roll: you're faster than me. i love when they update their lj and keep us up to date on what they're doing. and they mention renee and twloha in their post. random because i was telling someone about to write love on her arms just today. i wish i could meet renee someday. she seems awesome, kinda like paramore :)

Ooooh i didn't realise this was a new update haha i looked at it and went away

But yes very cool, i'm glad they are changing the set around and stuff

Then they really know what works well and stuff...yeah i have no idea what i'm saying :]

Brittany, you beat me to posting this by like, 30 seconds, and then i realized you had. :roll: you're faster than me. i love when they update their lj and keep us up to date on what they're doing. and they mention renee and twloha in their post. random because i was telling someone about to write love on her arms just today. i wish i could meet renee someday. she seems awesome, kinda like paramore :)

Sorry. I actually would have posted it like... a half an hour ago if I was actually able to find their damn livejournal.

i'm anxious to see what the slightly changed setlist is... i hope they didn't take out oh star or hallelujah!! i'll die

they CAN'T take out oh star

i hope they make some changes about the last song, to be something like 'my heart' with the ending part 'whoa whoa whoa' something kinda to interact with the crowd

I hope they play HWGA, it's the best song to have fun to live. It's a total dance party and Hayley has fun with it too.

yes. and then they all start getting into it. it's funnn.

i had hoped for Franklin in the original set. *crosses fingers* though i haven't seen O Star live, so thatd be cool.

This Circle would be sweet as well

this is offtopic, sorry but what does the money for twloha go?

=|

this is offtopic, sorry but what does the money for twloha go?

=|

Q. Where does the money from T-shirt sales and donations go?

A. Initial profits went to cover Renee's rehab expenses. We continue to help support her as she gets her feet on the ground. Beyond that, money essentially goes now to two places:

1. Operating costs: production, management of online store, promotional expenses such as printing and shipping of flyer cards, legal fees, design fees (t-shirts, web, flyers), booth for Cornerstone

(and future events). Also, we often send shirts to hurting kids, so when we do that, we cover the production cost plus shipping. Jamie, Trisha David and Lauren are now working on this full-time drawing a salary, determined by a board of directors. The need is great, and we hope to add more staff as soon as possible.

2. Meeting financial needs. Our goal for 2007 is to contribute $100k to the treatment, recovery and support of young people facing depression, addiction, suicide and self-injury.