Paramore Kerrang! Front Cover 30/05

WayneFarro

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ hayley's guns. they're huge!

and "I feel like there are a lot of women or girls who use their bodies and sex to control people and, urgh, that's just grossness"

haha grossness... oh hayley :P

thanks sal for the pics! can't wait to buy the mag.

(btw sal your sig is so funny and a tad bit scary hehe)

I think this is a great example of how a magazine can take a few quotes out of context and a band wanting to be very sure they got represented as all four of them, not just Hayley, and blow it up into something absolutely ridiculous. The comments on Zac and Jeremy's intertwined legs and Josh and Hayley - c'mon - that's just ridiculous. Honestly, I want to tell the guy who wrote the article to just grow up.

I thought some of the backlash against them would at least wait until the album came out, but apparently a few publications have decided to go for it a little early.

There are parts of the article that actually are decent, but most of it seems devoted to taking the piss out of them and mocking their behavior. Ummm...can someone explain to me what's wrong with wanting to make sure a magazine that always focuses ONLY on Hayley represents you all well for your first cover story as a band?

My guess is that the tone of this interview was very confrontational and any time the band responded to it in any way, the interviewer used those quotes and built the article around just those moments. It's a horrible way to profile a band.

I think this is a great example of how a magazine can take a few quotes out of context and a band wanting to be very sure they got represented as all four of them, not just Hayley, and blow it up into something absolutely ridiculous. The comments on Zac and Jeremy's intertwined legs and Josh and Hayley - c'mon - that's just ridiculous. Honestly, I want to tell the guy who wrote the article to just grow up.

I thought some of the backlash against them would at least wait until the album came out, but apparently a few publications have decided to go for it a little early.

There are parts of the article that actually are decent, but most of it seems devoted to taking the piss out of them and mocking their behavior. Ummm...can someone explain to me what's wrong with wanting to make sure a magazine that always focuses ONLY on Hayley represents you all well for your first cover story as a band?

My guess is that the tone of this interview was very confrontational and any time the band responded to it in any way, the interviewer used those quotes and built the article around just those moments. It's a horrible way to profile a band.

I actually agree with everything you are saying. This was a horrible article...

only the pictures were nice.

Agree.

I didn't get he read the whole article,

but the parts I did get to read, they made Hayley

sound like a total bitch, which she absolutly isen't.

I honestly don't like Kerrang, at all.

God could they make Hayley sound like any more of a prissy bitch... Jesus...

Way to go and pick parts of things to make everyone look the wrong way yet again, Kerrang...

For as much as they have paramore in their damn magazine, you'd think they'd be less... I don't know, however they are about it...

And lol@ them trying to say that Jeremy looked gay with Zac being as Jeremy has a girlfriend. I hate stupid people.

Edit// And also, it keeps saying how Hayley DOESN'T want it centered around her... When THEY'RE the ones that are putting "hayley willams" all over their OWN spread...

And could Hayley's hair get any more fab?... *jealous*

Edit#2/// Okay ONE MORE THING... Even if she and Josh ARE together. Who cares? As long as they're not stupid and let it get in the way of the band, which they havn't yet (if it's true) then why is it anyone's business how comfortable they are touching eachother.

Damnit, Kerrang. I say we make a trip to the UK and burn the place down or something.

Scanned full size if anyone's interested:

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

I didn't think the interview was bad to be honest, yeah it does make Hayley look "in control" but as Josh said in the interview "We'd be screwed [if Hayley left]".

And I just laughed at the Jeremy/Zac "intertwined legs" bit. The gay reference just shows how Paramore aren't like other bands... as Hayley said, they don't care about their image. Like what other members of a band would mess around like Zac and Jeremy during an interview? With the possibility of being accused of "acting gay".

My only complaint would be the pics... I don't like the make up on the guys, but the pic on Page 3 is awesome.