Paramore Kerrang! Front Cover 30/05

WayneFarro

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The women who interviewed them rang up Kerrang! radio. She sounded like a right stuck up bitch, so don't worry, she's bound to have twisted it.

We know Hayley ain't a bossy bitch so it doesn't matter.

I am jealous of Josh haha. Is Misery Business about him by any chance??

I've posted a separate thread with this in it as well, to make sure everyone sees it, but I wanted to post the link and what I wrote here as well...

http://paramorefans.com/boards/showthread.php?t=4876

Ok, so I just heard from the band about the Kerrang! article and they're going to be responding to it later today - I believe through a post in their Livejournal. So, look for that...I think they're just trying to find a spot with some internet access so they can post.

But, for the record, please don't get too worked up or upset about anything you read in the article. A lot of things are very badly misrepresented throughout the article...basically, anywhere you read something and think to yourself "that doesn't really sound like Paramore", you're right.

I'll let them go into more detail, but I just wanted to get that out there until they respond...this article is definitely a case of "don't believe everything you read."

I think this is a great example of how a magazine can take a few quotes out of context and a band wanting to be very sure they got represented as all four of them, not just Hayley, and blow it up into something absolutely ridiculous. The comments on Zac and Jeremy's intertwined legs and Josh and Hayley - c'mon - that's just ridiculous. Honestly, I want to tell the guy who wrote the article to just grow up.

I thought some of the backlash against them would at least wait until the album came out, but apparently a few publications have decided to go for it a little early.

There are parts of the article that actually are decent, but most of it seems devoted to taking the piss out of them and mocking their behavior. Ummm...can someone explain to me what's wrong with wanting to make sure a magazine that always focuses ONLY on Hayley represents you all well for your first cover story as a band?

My guess is that the tone of this interview was very confrontational and any time the band responded to it in any way, the interviewer used those quotes and built the article around just those moments. It's a horrible way to profile a band.

yes i agree

this article makes paramore look rele bad to new paramore fans

or ppl hu don't know about them yet

okay. anyone who's met paramore KNOWS that hayley isn't like that.

it's all taken out of context, I'm actually laughing at whoever wrote this for feeling the need to make shit up to feel like that's the only way her article will get attention. I'm surprised that kerrang! published this though, they're usually wicked nice to paramore.

I don't really like the cover picture, but it's pretty awesome that the whole band has the cover.

i just hope this doesnt put ideas into peoples heads, who doesnt really know paramore, making the band seem like something they are not.

i feel the same, i really hope people don't the wrong idea. Paramore is so fan-dedicated it's unbelievable, and she is always talking about how she hates when people make it seem like its her band. and how in the article it said she made Josh scribble RIOT on a t-shirt... the riot t-shirt in the photoshoot is the one she wore when i saw them on may 7th.. so it definitely wasn't made there. ahah this is just really upsetting to hear someone talk about them this way, but i'm glad Paramore didn't let it hurt them, i love them :]

My thing is I love how at the end they emphasize the fact that hayley had her own room, but of course if she didn't, I bet she would have been the whore who shares a room with her three bandmates. I kind of wanted to scream at that article a couple of times. but thanks for posting it, I kind of liked the pretty pictures! :)