Paramore opening for evanescence?

marissa03

haven't evanescence split up?, i heard 2 members left so they decided to end. guess that isn't true, well it makes sense seen as their uk tour starts tomorrow.

Correction: Amy fired John for no reason and Rocky has been best friends with John for years and has been in many bands with him so he quit.

Then Amy went and picked up two new losers who I wouldn't expect to be around for long. That's just how she is.

Correction: Amy fired John for no reason and Rocky has been best friends with John for years and has been in many bands with him so he quit.

Then Amy went and picked up two new losers who I wouldn't expect to be around for long. That's just how she is.

ok thanks for clearing that up for me. I don't really like Evanesecence anyway so i don't really care.

Dude... Hayley could outsing Amy Lee any day. Hayley's my homegirl.

And it's funny that she tells Hayley to stand her ground... Hayley's actually level headed, and I don't see her kicking her best friends out of the her band, lol...

I've lost LOTS of repsect for Amy...

Dude... Hayley could outsing Amy Lee any day. Hayley's my homegirl.

And it's funny that she tells Hayley to stand her ground... Hayley's actually level headed, and I don't see her kicking her best friends out of the her band, lol...

I've lost LOTS of repsect for Amy...

EXACTLY!

Amy has kicked/driven 5 members out of her band. She's the only original one left.

Oh look at Paramore Hayley, Josh, Zac and Jeremy are STILL there.

Paramore FTW.

so you guys! as i said, i went to the show, i didnt have a ticket though cause it was like $45 and i didnt have money but whatever. so i heard the whole show from outside, it was awesome, they rocked here's the setlist

misery business

pressure

all we know

emergency

hallelujah

for a pessimist

brighter

my heart

i think thats all, i guess they played for 40min

so i waited 3 hours outside to have the chance to meet them, and it happened!

so you guys, it was awesome! Taylor recognized me cause i had sent him a message on myspace so he came to meet me because i couldnt go (i have my knee broken) so we talked for like 5min and then zac came to see us talking, they stayed like 30min IT WAS SO GREAT OMG they wanted me to teach them some french, zac wanted me to say 'my name is zac, get out, holiday, lets go to the beach..' their accent was so funny and great

zac gave me some dollars for gift, and i gave him some euros =D

and we talked about American Idol cause Taylor LOVES kelly clarkson, then zac said he loved hilary duff... we talked about everything

then josh arrived and we started to hug haha it was so cool, he talked for like 10min, they were very interested in french stuff.

man, they were so tired and its like the beginning of their european tour! so after 40min, they said they had to go because they were leaving for england and they went to ask Hayley and Jeremy to come because i hadnt seen them yet

they came back and said that hayley would come in a bit so i waited

BUT she never came so i was really disappointed but what a great night!

Fortunately, i was the ONLY ONE who knew them! they were so happy to meet me :D

I luv hayley as much as the next person on these boards...

but amy's voice is much more powerful and developed than hayleys... even if she is a bitch. its sort of expected seeing as she's been doing it for at least 6 more years. But seeing the growth hayley's put on from just comparing the last record to this one... she could easily get above her level.

And not to offend anyone but evanessence will keep makin $$ as long as amy keeps singing, its just turned into one of those bands where the people who play the music are never brought to light.

I luv hayley as much as the next person on these boards...

but amy's voice is much more powerful and developed than hayleys... even if she is a bitch. its sort of expected seeing as she's been doing it for at least 6 more years. But seeing the growth hayley's put on from just comparing the last record to this one... she could easily get above her level.

And not to offend anyone but evanessence will keep makin $$ as long as amy keeps singing, its just turned into one of those bands where the people who play the music are never brought to light.

Well said.

• 1 year later...

I didn't expect so much Amy bashing on this board (since most of the folks at EvThreads love Paramore) but here's a post from Amy Lee that might clear up the whole "Amy Lee is a bitch because she drove out 5 members" ordeal.

Here's the truth, when I said that John and Rocky both made it clear they were ready to move on, I meant it. They were very vocal about the fact that they didn't really care about evanescence at all, and just stayed around for the money. I knowingly let this negative energy grow within my band for a very long time because I was afraid of the appearance of falling apart, when in reality, trying to hold on to these guys is what was holding us back. I treated both john and rocky with nothing but kindness and respect, and I got nothing but jealousy and resentment in return. They were miserable. They are no longer playing with us because I love this band too much to see it driven into the ground. One little false fact that's been bugging me in the press about this- rocky didn't quit. He never talked to me or our management at all...but he did tell most of the crew and the rest of the band that he planned to quit during the 2 weeks off after our shows in south africa (during which I was getting married and would have no time to replace him). Fortunatley, many of those people care about this project and came and warned me, so we were able to replace him in time to continue the tour as scheduled. I then told John it was time he did what he obviously wants to be doing- playing in his own band. Because no one should be playing in evanescence that doesn't appreciate it- that doesn't love it. And especially not someone that is doing it harm. Being a touring member of a band when what you really want is to be a creator can be frustrating- I guess that frustration got the best of john.

http://www.evthreads.com/showthread.php?t=5900