Absolutepunk.net Review of RIOT!

the first sentence scared me a little bit

edit: just finished it

"It's extremely catchy and almost instantly forgettable."

that made me cringe.

at least he said he wasn't a fan of the band.

idk, i'm kind of dissappointed about these reviews. not that i think that now the album isn't going to be that great (i know i'll love it of course), but that other people don't like it as much and that they don't see the amazing-ness that we see.

LOL - that's EXACTLY what I expected from Tate. Honestly, that's a freakin' amazing review from him...because he would have LOVED to rip the album to shreds.

Wow. I don't agree that it's going to be "instantly forgettable", but otherwise...wow. Quite a review from AP.net and Jason Tate :)

LOL - that's EXACTLY what I expected from Tate. Honestly, that's a freakin' amazing review from him...because he would have LOVED to rip the album to shreds.

Wow. I don't agree that it's going to be "instantly forgettable", but otherwise...wow. Quite a review from AP.net and Jason Tate :)

I was surprised with it. haha but I'd like to see what some of the other staff has to say. There are a couple of them who are Paramore fans.

I was surprised with it. haha but I'd like to see what some of the other staff has to say. There are a couple of them who are Paramore fans.

Yeah...I'd imagine Joe DeAndrea...I think that's his name...is going to love it.

For Tate to be that positive about it is pretty huge though. I just keep reading the review and laughing :)

i like this review much better. its more personal. and he doesnt say much bad stuf also. i like these parts

an album I wouldn't mind hearing on a road-trip, beach party, or BBQ.

She's able to hit and maintain notes, sing on pitch, and usually stays within a healthy range.

and contains arguably one of the catchiest hooks recorded this year.

and yay at the ballads, i hope they sound as good as avril lavigne's 'when youre gone' and 'innocence' :D

Did anybody else read the comments after the review?

Like these..

Jason let me listen last night and I kept interjecting with: "Goddammit Paramore, I'm supposed to hate you."

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Made me laugh...

Originally Posted by jhennis

Whens this shit gonna leak

When they send the album to someone less trust worthy than me?

Yeah, that cracked me up.

Seriously - if people who hate the band can't help but like the record - what better endorsement is there than that?

And considering the advance copies have all kinds of copy protection all over them, I really doubt it'll be a reviewer copy that leaks. They can trace it really quickly back to the person who received it if they're using the technology I'm familiar with...and if they catch you leaking an advance copy, you better believe your days of getting advances for review/media purposes are over forever.

Yeah, that cracked me up.

Seriously - if people who hate the band can't help but like the record - what better endorsement is there than that?

And considering the advance copies have all kinds of copy protection all over them, I really doubt it'll be a reviewer copy that leaks. They can trace it really quickly back to the person who received it if they're using the technology I'm familiar with...and if they catch you leaking an advance copy, you better believe your days of getting advances for review/media purposes are over forever.

PLus, Jason's already said he'll never leak anything. He's a big supporter of purchaisng music; even if he gets an advance of something from a band he likes, he'll buy it too. or that's what he says

PLus, Jason's already said he'll never leak anything. He's a big supporter of purchaisng music; even if he gets an advance of something from a band he likes, he'll buy it too. or that's what he says

Yeah - Tate would never be the guy to leak it. He definitely understands how important it is to buy the music of the bands you love.