Filipino fans unite!!

ninski

so paramore isn't that big there?

but i bet you guys are spreading the word right?

sweet. hahaha... yeahh, paramore's not

extremely big here in hawaii either...

i think im the only one that wears the paramore

shirt at school... hahaha. and i only know like

3 or 4 kids in my school that listen to them but

aren't real big about them like we are.. so yeahh...

Haha, I'm not Filipino, but since there's no way I'm gonna be the only member of the 'Thailand fanclub' I thought I'd join you guys.

Haha. Omigosh. RIVERMAYA BROKE UP?? I saw them in concert here once. MTV Asia Awards. They were pretty good. Not so big over here, but I think their music video was on MTV a couple times.

As for Paramore being popular in the Philippines...well...they're a lot more well known there than in Thailand. I've got a couple Filipino friends and they said that their friends back in the Philippines actually know about Paramore and like them. So...I dunno.

They're getting pretty big in Malaysia too I think. Malaysia's got a good music scene though. So its to be expected. Maybe if they get big in the Philippines and do a concert there, they'll stop by for a quick visit here.

Weee! Haha.

omg! i sure missed out a lot! Thanks for making this thread nina! haha

Been busy and all that's why i wasnt able to check back her.Anyway, about the Rivermaya issue, i think its stupid rico blanco had to leave. Im not a big fan of the Rico fronted Rivermaya(i think bamboo is still the best), but they did have some great songs. If you really think about Rivermaya's situation, its like Eraserheads happening all over again. Unless Rivermaya gets a very good songwriter/vocalist, they'll end up like Eheads. And speaking of the Eheads, i also wish that they like reunite for a concert and/or an album. I want to see them perform live before i die!

Oh, it is also indicated in Wikipedia that Rivermaya will find their new vocalist..Rockstar:INXS style.

Paramore isn't really big YET in the Philippines, but the fans here like me promote them to friends, relatives etc. I had goosebumps when i read that Paramore's Misery Business would be shown on mtv! i sure do hope that i can catch the video. Lucky for Nina she has already seen it! My friend also told me that NU 107(a local rock station) played one Paramore song already, although i m not quite sure which song.

I missed the boards!

Oi mga flip, ayos! Musta? ^^

I'm only 22 years old, but I'm an oldtymer when it comes to the Philippine scene. I've been around as early as the mid90s, 'cause of my dad. That explains my love for the 90's alternative band explosion (and those still standing today!) and my aversion to most of the nu- skool (most of them anyway).

I'm here in the US for I-don't-know-what. Haha. I just finished college, and I'm hanging around working a little here. I'm going back home around September.. I think. :))

omg! i sure missed out a lot! Thanks for making this thread nina! haha

Been busy and all that's why i wasnt able to check back her.Anyway, about the Rivermaya issue, i think its stupid rico blanco had to leave. Im not a big fan of the Rico fronted Rivermaya(i think bamboo is still the best), but they did have some great songs. If you really think about Rivermaya's situation, its like Eraserheads happening all over again. Unless Rivermaya gets a very good songwriter/vocalist, they'll end up like Eheads. And speaking of the Eheads, i also wish that they like reunite for a concert and/or an album. I want to see them perform live before i die!

Yeah, I totally agree with the 'Maya - 'Heads parrallelism. But to a certain extent the Rico fronted 'Maya was better than the Bamboo era. Because if you think about it Rico Blanco is Rivermaya, just like Ely Buendia was the Eraserheads. He writes most of the lyrics, composes most of the music, and produces a large bulk of their releases (BTSAW is the only release in recent memory where the other members cowrote a substantial amount). So, if I'm part of Rivermaya's management I'd go on and move on rather than live behind the shadow of Blanco's departure, because I'm thinking of the same scenario in which the 'Heads put Kris Dancel in. It'll work for a while, jsut because of the novelty of it, but in the long run it won't, just why do you think we have Cambio now? :P

dean!!!i was waiting to post here!!haha!

anyway, i was talking to my teacher yesterday and she mentioned the concert we were part of and she was so surprised that we played paramore!

she even asked me to get her the AWKIF album.

Paramore's getting pretty big here now.

That's a good thing. I just hope we don't get posers!!

^^And while you're there check out the local scene as well. Just don't be fooled when someone tells you Cueshe is the shit. Haha.

But seriously, there are alot of good bands and artists you can check out. For starters (and for easy access), check out Sugarfree, Cambio, Sandwich. And if you're really a lil more adventurous (gigs of this bands are probably more comparable to your posthardcore gigs here in the West), check out Typeccast, Chicosci, Greyhoundz, Queso. And for something a lil more soothing and intelligent, go for the regular Terno nights on Saguijo, or check out 70's Bistro on Anonas Ave where feelgood acts like The Dawn, Bridge, Johnoy and Kakoi, The Jerks perform on the regular.

Hope you enjoy your stay, man. :P

dean!!!i was waiting to post here!!haha!

anyway, i was talking to my teacher yesterday and she mentioned the concert we were part of and she was so surprised that we played paramore!

she even asked me to get her the AWKIF album.

Paramore's getting pretty big here now.

That's a good thing. I just hope we don't get posers!!

NINANINANINA!!!!haha Your teacher just rose to the cool charts!she listens paramore??WOW! actually my pop is beginning to like the band also! anyway, you have that video posted online already?im dying to see it!

Posers pose a BIG problem. I already encountered some saying that paramore is "emo". duh..gimme a gun!he listened to my heart and it might sound emo but that doesnt mean he can label the band as "emo"!ughhh..

Anyway, how you been nina?

m going to the philippines for a while this summer and staying with my dad's best friend

so im gona try to get his kids into paramore and maybe they can spread it around

Marcus, let us know when you are here, okay? Migs is right although i think i just have to rephrase what he said about a stupid band called cueshe. cueshe IS SHIT.

Yeah, I totally agree with the 'Maya - 'Heads parrallelism. But to a certain extent the Rico fronted 'Maya was better than the Bamboo era. Because if you think about it Rico Blanco is Rivermaya, just like Ely Buendia was the Eraserheads. He writes most of the lyrics, composes most of the music, and produces a large bulk of their releases (BTSAW is the only release in recent memory where the other members cowrote a substantial amount). So, if I'm part of Rivermaya's management I'd go on and move on rather than live behind the shadow of Blanco's departure, because I'm thinking of the same scenario in which the 'Heads put Kris Dancel in. It'll work for a while, jsut because of the novelty of it, but in the long run it won't, just why do you think we have Cambio now? :P

Migs, i agree with you. rico IS rivermaya like ely is to the eheads. i was just thinking that last night. BUT i dont know if you'll agree with me on this, voice- wise i think Bamboo has the much better voice.MUCH MUCH better.and he's turning out to be a very good songwriter also.im a fan..isnt it obvious? haha!!!

so anyway, to add to your good list of preferred pinoy bands, may i add radioactive sago project, mayonnaise, paramita, urbandub, up dharma down and...uhmm..bamboo? haha..razorback still rocks too.

i hope rivermaya gets a good replacement and not just a replacement.

Marcus, let us know when you are here, okay? Migs is right although i think i just have to rephrase what he said about a stupid band called cueshe. cueshe IS SHIT.

ehh im not sure when im going yet and ill already be shown around by my dad's friend's son

and isnt it the beginning of the school year there anyway?

Migs, i agree with you. rico IS rivermaya like ely is to the eheads. i was just thinking that last night. BUT i dont know if you'll agree with me on this, voice- wise i think Bamboo has the much better voice.MUCH MUCH better.and he's turning out to be a very good songwriter also.im a fan..isnt it obvious? haha!!!

so anyway, to add to your good list of preferred pinoy bands, may i add radioactive sago project, mayonnaise, paramita, urbandub, up dharma down and...uhmm..bamboo? haha..razorback still rocks too.

i hope rivermaya gets a good replacement and not just a replacement.

Yeah, sure Bamboo has a better voice, no question. But still there was something with Rico when he does the songs. Isipin mo ha, yun Faithless album -- kaya bang dalhin ni Bamboo 'yun? Or on a more known level, Tuloy ang Ligaya is just so Rico. I guess what I'm saying is that Rivermaya (including the Bamboo era) is just overflowing with Blanco's stamp on it, and it was better IMO when he fronted it. Nevermind that the BTSAW release was a lil craptastic, ayos pa rin naman.

Oo, Mayonnaise! Monty idol! Razorback is just okay nowadays, but then again it's hard to top their Giyang days.