Paramore in Kerrang! 13th June

WayneFarro

well Paramore are in Kerrang! in a few places this week. First Hayley is on the front cover, a smaller picture of the the free giant poster they've got of her this week.

next page 4, there is a e-mail a angry paramore fan sent them it says:-

KERRANG! YOU little bastards! your feature on Paramore was as valid as your mother's vhest hair. Around...oh....one measly paragraph of the whole piece was actually about Paramore's music.....the rest focused on Hayley's "bossy" and "snooty" attitude. Give the girl a break! In a industry that claims to be about equlaity, the article ends to focus on Hayley's being a FEMALE asserting some kind of leadership. Shock freaking horror!

haha, reading it made me laugh loudly in the shop.

next page 17, they have reviewed the Underworld gig, they only give it 3 K's out of 5 which means it was good, but i thought it was incredible. they made a mistake, they said Hayley made us film Misery Business and put it on the internet, when in fact it was For A Pessimist....

This review annoys me, it suggests that all the girls were at the front, and that these girl's boyfriends were all at the back, with their arms folded and blank expressions on their faces. i think there's suggesting paramore only have female fans or something which is a load of rubbish. they also say that they have straight forward guitars and solid drumming. i just weren't happy with this inaccurate review, and in typical Kerrang fashion, it says at the end of the review.:-

"This is the Hayley Williams show whether she likes it or not"

next pages 27 and 28, it has about the full ponty festival and it says about paramore staying int their tour bus instead of going drinking with the other bands then there is a pic of paramore on page 28, which i don't remember seeing before.

next page 36 they review paramore's download apperance, they gave it 2 K's, it says:-

Paramore sound proffesional as ever for the hordes of young ladies that have flooded thr tent, but while the songs are all sung back, there's just something lacking. While Hayley Williams almost has to beg the crowd to clap along to one song"

i heard they were awesome at download so i think this is a load of rubbish too.

obviously theres also the giant poster and paramore are in next week's issue too, probably will be a review of riot! soon too.

I love being able to pick holes in their live reviews, because there's always something they've got wrong... and the Underworld show certainly deserved more than 3 K's.

The album review next week will be very interesting, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they gave it less than 3 K's.

fooools.

yeah i know, they didn't even mention that there was loads of crowd surfers, i don't think the person who wrote this was even at the gig, it's a totally inaccurate review in my opinion. yeah there probably was more girls there but there was still plenty of guys there too abd they weren't all at the back cos i was at the front, you can't see me in any photos though, cos i was right near where taylor was.

I don't understand how their show at the Mean Fiddler last year got 5 K's...

Yet this got 3, that's so wierd i thought the Underworld gig was so much better

Yeah and about people just standing there...what the heck

Like the whole place was moving

Wait...they didn't go drinking with the other bands...and that's a bad thing?

So, Kerrang wants them to fit all the typical rock star stereotypes now, eh? And when they don't, they just make up things that make it seem like they do.

The backlash has definitely begun...it seems to me that Kerrang's way of operating is to build bands up and then tear them down from what you guys are saying...so I wouldn't worry too much about any of this...it's all just rubbish.

I think most people who Paramore appeal to lost interest in Kerrang along time ago so thankfully all this shit they have been writing about the band wont do much damage. I think the editors and reviewers are aware of this so that's why they bash a lot of bands these days. If you look on any site or mag that focuses on this side of the alternative music spectrum you will find little or now respect for Kerrang. If anything all this is probably helping the sales of the mag because people want to read what rubbish they are printing. It's weird how the world works.

Wait...they didn't go drinking with the other bands...and that's a bad thing?

i'm not sure they meant it to sound like a bad thing, but it wouldn't suprised if it was. i mean some of them aren't old enough to drink and i'm not sure they even drink at all anyway.

but it's a shame the way Paramore are being treated by Kerrang!. i would say i won't buy it again but i know i will when paramore are next in it.

Kerrang sucks!

i said it before, and i'll probably say another thousand times in the future.

surely Paramore could do something about this though, i mean they're making them sound like something they're not.

oh and thanks for the scans Em.