Josh's writing style

TCARoadie

Has anyone else noticed a change in Josh's writing style since AWKIF? Riot! seems to have a lot more harmonies and such that the old record lacked. It's definitely a step towards very mature compositions. I also noticed the use of a lot of syncopation on Riot!

Anyone else have opinions on Josh's progression?

Much Love,

Greg

• 1 month later...

oh yes, I agree

Lyrics on RIOT! seem to be more mature, or I don't know how to call it. It's something like they name the things directly, it's simpler while being more difficult or confused at the moment. Do you know what I mean? ^^

It's like in AWKIF the lyrics were about something you had to name on your own, look for the meaning. On RIOT! it's rather more directly, but both are cool to me.

Dunno if I'm right, it's just what I think :smile:

oh yes, I agree

Lyrics on RIOT! seem to be more mature, or I don't know how to call it. It's something like they name the things directly, it's simpler while being more difficult or confused at the moment. Do you know what I mean? ^^

It's like in AWKIF the lyrics were about something you had to name on your own, look for the meaning. On RIOT! it's rather more directly, but both are cool to me.

Dunno if I'm right, it's just what I think :smile:

yea like on riot it the songs speak for them selves on wat there about but they can be interprited diffferently. but on AWKIF the meaning is more like hidden

yea like on riot it the songs speak for them selves on wat there about but they can be interprited diffferently. but on AWKIF the meaning is more like hidden

yes, it seems like from between now and about a year ago they've matured so much. from the moment I heard 'For A Pesstimist' I knew that this album was going to be different then AWKIF--but that's a good thing.

I definitely see a growth in Josh's musical writing. His rhythms are far more complicated as well as his harmonies with the other instruments and Hayley's voice. He is definitely someone to watch out for in the songwriting field!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

of course they will chang on the 3rd album as each thing is just a stepping stone they are still learning new techniques and finding what they like

but also im happy with the outcome of Riot! i know some bands can be totally rad and you so cant wait for the new album and they totally change their sound and everything but this hasnt happened with paramore if anything its sounding better...every song just sounds perfect how it is...no matter how simple or technical add more or less to it, and it would just kill it.

i still love AWKIF...but Riot! just shows how much they are learning and forming as a band :D