Fall Out Boy or Panic! At The Disco

FueledByHoriyo

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen both bands live (panic!x2)

and sure panic! put on AMAZING shows, fall out boy is SOO much better when it comes to interacting with the crowd.

lately imo, panic! seems to be to concited, where in fob you have pete who is hella concited.

musically, they are both different,

and i couldn't choose if my life depanded on it.

FOB. Especially the oldskool FOB. Evening Out..., Take this to Your Grave and some cuts in From Under the Cork Tree are just brilliant. Pete Wentz might be conceited and a sh*thead, but you can't deny the dude's got some talent, and Patrick Stump's okay at laying out tracks. And even though Infinity on High is not that good, it's still better than what most FOB- styled bands are churning out.

pete wentz? talent?

anyone can play the bass. if you want a good bassist look up Matt Freeman, Flea, Les Claypool.

if you still think wentz is talented after seeing these guys then you know nothing about music.

I'm not saying he's a great bassist, 'cause he's not. But considering that he writes most of the stuff from FOB, the man deserves more credit than he really gets. It might not be straight-up-blow-you-away stuff, but still compared to guys with their same style, he's pretty good.

I've seen both live multiple times and I don't know what is with the overtheatricalness of everything lately, but what happened to the good ol' concert? I loved Panic! at the 2005 Nintendo Fusion tour, when they were fairly unknown (they opened for TSL, and Boys Night Out, that is fairly unknown in my opinion) and they rocked. It was just a good show and they did what they had to. And I still love Fall Out Boy's old school (mainly for my addiction to the Pro's and Con's of breathing) but both bands I have seen recently (FOB in May and P!ATD in November) and in my opinion by making these huge over the top shows (mainly P!ATD) I think they have lost a connection with the audience. I am to busy worrying that the snake is going to crawl off stage and attack me to listen to the music. Plus the Brent Wilson fiasco. I liked Brent!

Okay I lost track of what I was saying. Old School FOB wins hands down. But neither if it were Infinity on High.

Yes, I do agree that they appear like arrogant jerks however.