Kelly effin Clarkson

Rogue Ninja

Just because they've downloaded it doesn't mean they don't plan on buying it once it's out.

Thats true but most of the people who dowload it don't buy it. My message was for more than just Lucy and James but rather to everyone else and all the lurkers.

Yup, exactly!!

I've already got the Delux version pre ordered. and I'm also buying a regular copy from the store when it comes out here :)

Well thats good. However, I'm planning on waiting till it comes out before I buy and listen to AIEW.

Thats true but most of the people who dowload it don't buy it. My message was for more than just Lucy and James but rather to everyone else and all the lurkers.

Well thats good. However, I'm planning on waiting till it comes out before I buy and listen to AIEW.

It's cool, I get ya!! =]

I usually like to wait till a cd comes out b4 I listen or whatever but I just couldn't resist this time haha!

i wrote this review for kckellyville and i thought why not post it here (oh on kellyville my name is Kelcey = Penguin Lover)

Meet Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry’s Lovechild

A Critical Review of All I Ever Wanted

Way back in 2004 I was given Breakaway as an Easter present. I didn’t expect much from the album but after listening to it, I became a Kelly Clarkson fan. With 2007’s My December I even had more respect for her because she went against Clive and put out her own material (which was quite good… not super amazing but good nonetheless). However, I am one of the few that seem to think so because My December only sold roughly 800,000 US (this is from Wikipedia so I may not be 100% accurate). Now she is back in Clive’s, RCA’s and 10 year old arms with the release of All I Ever Wanted. This album is so poppy that it can only be described as a mixture of Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus which some heavy electro-pop thrown in. Now I don’t like the album but for the purpose of writing this review, I decided to give it one more chance.

1. My Life Would Suck Without You – The first single off the album which sounds so close to SUBG that it is mind boggling. However, it is one of those songs that I can’t get out of my head. Therefore I’ll give a 7/10.

2. I Do Not Hook Up – One of the Katy Perry demos which seems to have lost the Katy Perry edge. “Keep your hand in my hand” doesn’t sound Katy Perry like at all. The line should’ve gone something like “Keep your thing in pants”… it makes a lot more sense that way. The best way to describe this song is Katy Perry for radio Disney crowd. It’ll be a hit and since it sounds better the second time, I’ll give it a 6/10. However, I think this deserves a decent rewrite (from someone other than Kara) cause with a bit reworking this could’ve been so much better.

3. Cry – Lyrically this is not a great song but Kelly kicks it vocally. If anyone else sang this song I would’ve hate it but with Kelly singing its tolerable. However, it seems like another song written for the Radio Disney. For some reason this song doesn’t seem like Kelly but rather a strategically place ballad. In a few listens I could grow to love this song but as good as Kelly is I shouldn’t have put a few listens in order to love the song. This is another 6/10 song.

4. Don’t Let Me Stop You - The intro sounds annoying Miley like (reminds me of 7 things). This is the rock for radio song and is another song which I could grow to love but for right now it seems “kinda silly”. This is another song that seems to need a decent rewrite. It only sounds like a good demo to me. Don’t let Clive Stop you from making a great song. Take the time to record the song more than once. Another 6/10 (wow I’m being very lenient).

5. All I Ever Wanted- Despite this being the album title I heard that this is the cover. However, I would have to do some research to confirm it. This feels like another Disney song. I like the attitude she gives to the song but this also needs a redo. With a different heavier production and a few subtle lyric changes this could’ve been so much better. All I ever wanted of this song was a simple way to not make another Disney track. Another 6/10. Note: After hearing these first few tracks I told some people that it was soo cheesy that I actually kind of like it. This is still my opinion for these first five tracks. However, the album starts to go down after this point.

6. Already Gone – SAMPLE ALERT… man I hate songs with samples. This eerily sounds like Rihanna meets Beyonce ballad and to be honest it simply doesn’t work. If this was actually sung by Rihanna it would’ve been ok but this is definitely not the Kelly Clarkson I know. It seems that she is starting to have an identity crisis… Should I be Beyonce or should I be Katy or should I be Miley? Sorry but have to give this a 5/10. It is really mediocre (and way too long…)

7. If I Can’t Have You- I had to let my dog out so I didn’t hear the intro well. Now this sounds eerily like Demi Lovato (Camp Rock , and the album Don’t Forget). This is another that after hearing it enough one would probably like it but Kelly is too good for these mediocre songs. Another big disappointment. This silly song gets a 4/10. Sorry but this is frankly not Kelly and it is that good either. I hate the Techno Bridge as well. Sounds like it a put there for the commercial value since electro-pop/techno is the trend.

8. Save You- If I remember correctly this was one of two songs I really liked from the album. This seems more Kelly than all the other songs but still is a bit poppy for me. Although it is a pretty good pop song, it still needs to lose that Disney edge. I’ll give this an 8/10. This is the one inspired by Mozart is isn’t it? If the whole was like the piano bridge (around 2:45 MTV wouldn’t let me backtrack  ) it would’ve been a great song!

9. Whyyawannabringmedown- A cover by a relatively unknown band (forgot the name). It seems like it was the strategically placed rock song. I wish she didn’t shout through the whole thing… if she sang a bit more it would’ve been greatly appreciated. However, I like this a lot more the second time I listen to it. If the whole album was similar to this I probably would’ve liked it much more. I’ll give this an 8/10.

10. Long Shot- I believe this was the other Katy Perry demo. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. This is worse than I Do Not Hook Up. I’m surprise that Katy even recorded this song. Its pretty silly but Kelly’s voice saves it once again. Extremely mediocre bordering on awful… this gets a 3.5 / 10. It is also too long and boring. This feels like it was edited for the Disney crowd once again. A big disappointment from someone like Kelly.

11. Impossible – This song sounds like Kelly co-wrote it with Ryan Tedder. It is a bit One-Republic –ish. (Is that Tedder in the background… it kinda sounds like him). This is another track where a rewrite would’ve made this soo much better. Another mediocre effort. Very disappointed… put some guitar solos or piano (not keyboard) in it for peak sake. The music makes it sound really bland … sorry Ryan but if you co-wrote this I wouldn’t be that proud of yourself. I’ll give this 5/10… it ends abruptly which I don’t like.

12. Ready- This song sounds like Lily Allen a bit. For someone like Kelly it doesn’t work. The lyrics aren’t bad but this would’ve been better with a moving acoustic guitar line and more powerful vocals during the verse (have more of a range in the notes … it sounds like its going between 2 or 3 notes). Another song ruined by overproduction. I’ll give this a 6/10 due to its lyrical content and not the background music.

13. I Want You- This first time I heard this I thought it was god-awful. So awful that it was at that moment that I cancelled my pre-order on Itunes. Now this sounds like Kate Nash (youtube pumpkin soup if you have never heard of it… its an addicting song)… Another big disappoint and its frankly annoying. Generally track 13 is the hidden gem but this is the hidden craptatcular. Sorry but this gets a 1.5/10. Its waaaayy too long to the point that I want to turn it off mid-song.

14. If No One Will Listen- This was the other song I really liked the first time I heard it. I heard it was a cover as well. Someone correct if I’m wrong on that. The album ends on a high note (thank god). This is a great commercial pop ballad and the greatest song on this album. It gets my highest score on the album 9/10 (10/10 is reserved for pure greatness and this is not pure greatness but a darn good song).

Bonus Tracks: Haven’t heard them yet cuz I’m using the MTV player and not youtubing it.

Overall: Extremely mediocre. This is a big disappointment for someone like Kelly Clarkson. Although its not god-awful some of the songs on that border between cheesy and silly and Kelly doesn’t do well on that teeter-tooter. My final score is all my song scores added up and divided by 14. Album Score: 5.8/10 aka slightly above average commercial pop (and most of that is due to Kelly’s voice and not the songs themselves).

by Kelcey= Penguin Lover

if they are any errors let me know... i copied and pasted this from word so it might not have translated the best...

So i downloaded this album on request from my friend who wanted it, i gave it a listen just for the sake of it, wasn't expecting alot- like, i love Kelly Clarkson, but not really in a full record ? Bit odd to explain, but i saw her live in Birmingham a couple years back and her voice is absolutely amazing, she's on my list of people to avoid their records because they just never do their voices any justice. Something something.

THAT SAID-

this album is on constant repeat on my ipod and has been for about 3 days, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future. It's going to take time for the 'slow' songs to grow on me, as i'm not really in the mood for slow songs these days, but the rest of it... i wouldn't say "top notch" because it's certainly not perfect, i think every song has a downside to it, but i just don't care i absolutely love this album at the moment, which surprised me as much as anybody else.

Oh, also, on I Want You, anybody reckon it sounds like Duffy singing in the background ? I realise this is pretty unlikely, but does anyone know who it is ? Curious.

^ I read your review, it was really detailed, well done :]

I don't think I'm gonna bother listening to it.

well thanks... honestly i think the album will one of those one will grow to love but for someone like Kelly Clarkson its a big dissappoint. If you are a KC don't let my opinion stop you from listening to it cause the only opinion that matter is yours. The only reason I wrote this in the first place was because there was an AIEW review thread (for user reviews) on kellyville.