Kelly effin Clarkson

Rogue Ninja

• 2 weeks later...
well thanks... honestly i think the album will one of those one will grow to love but for someone like Kelly Clarkson its a big dissappoint. If you are a KC don't let my opinion stop you from listening to it cause the only opinion that matter is yours. The only reason I wrote this in the first place was because there was an AIEW review thread (for user reviews) on kellyville.

Okay, each to their own, and I respect your opinion but to say it's a disapointment?? That's a bit harsh. I mean she's said she's never gonna make an album that sounds the same as the last & this album has a lot of variety. Plus Clive has no say what so ever anymore. He was demoted long ago & Barry Weiss is head of RCA now.

Anyone that's a fan of Kelly would know she doesn't let people make her do something, yes this album is more mainstream than MD but that doesn't mean she's some kind of sell - out.

Her voice is INCREDIBLE on it & IMHO she hit the ball right out of the park with this one! It's such a fun, happy album, which is VERY different for Kelly.

To me it's a really solid album & I'm super happy it's doing well!!

I know I'm a bit biased cause she's like my fav artist ever. But if a song is bad I'm not gonna force myself to like it just cause of the name on the cover lol. Kelly's just a great artist with a great voice. The music biz would be a much better place if it had more like Kelly 8-)

Soooo, my point being, I reallllyyy dig this album. ;-)

*rant over* lol!!

Okay, each to their own, and I respect your opinion but to say it's a disapointment?? That's a bit harsh. I mean she's said she's never gonna make an album that sounds the same as the last & this album has a lot of variety. Plus Clive has no say what so ever anymore. He was demoted long ago & Barry Weiss is head of RCA now.

Anyone that's a fan of Kelly would know she doesn't let people make her do something, yes this album is more mainstream than MD but that doesn't mean she's some kind of sell - out.

Her voice is INCREDIBLE on it & IMHO she hit the ball right out of the park with this one! It's such a fun, happy album, which is VERY different for Kelly.

To me it's a really solid album & I'm super happy it's doing well!!

I know I'm a bit biased cause she's like my fav artist ever. But if a song is bad I'm not gonna force myself to like it just cause of the name on the cover lol. Kelly's just a great artist with a great voice. The music biz would be a much better place if it had more like Kelly 8-)

Soooo, my point being, I reallllyyy dig this album. ;-)

*rant over* lol!!

haha i wrote that review over two weeks ago (right around the time the "official leak" came out). I had to say this on the kelly forum as well but i know that clive isn't the head of the label but he still is gonna have influence in the music industry cuz some people think hes well a music god. I just wanted to pick on him a bit (plus don't let Barry stop you doesn't sound right lol). This review is a lot of jokes and sarcasm mixed with real criticism. I mean imagine saying something bad about Kelly on a Kelly forum... if I said it straight, I could've been banned. Also I must have forgot to post it here but I did love the bonus tracks (especially Can We Go Back) at first listen and the album is growing on me (like I said haha). Its just that this album feels like it could be done by any major pop artist today. I was just expecting a lot more than what I got. However, its still gonna be one of the top pop records of the year in my book. As for the sell-out comment I don't beleive I ever said that but I could've I don't know. Its kind of hard to be a sell out when you started on the biggest reality show ever...

haha i wrote that review over two weeks ago (right around the time the "official leak" came out). I had to say this on the kelly forum as well but i know that clive isn't the head of the label but he still is gonna have influence in the music industry cuz some people think hes well a music god. I just wanted to pick on him a bit (plus don't let Barry stop you doesn't sound right lol). This review is a lot of jokes and sarcasm mixed with real criticism. I mean imagine saying something bad about Kelly on a Kelly forum... if I said it straight, I could've been banned. Also I must have forgot to post it here but I did love the bonus tracks (especially Can We Go Back) at first listen and the album is growing on me (like I said haha). Its just that this album feels like it could be done by any major pop artist today. I was just expecting a lot more than what I got. However, its still gonna be one of the top pop records of the year in my book. As for the sell-out comment I don't beleive I ever said that but I could've I don't know. Its kind of hard to be a sell out when you started on the biggest reality show ever...

Yeah, I hear ya. The bonus tracks are fantastic, I agree!!! And I know you didn't say she was selling out, I took what you said to mean she's selling out, when you said if it's all she ever wanted then u've lost respect for her. But, what she means by that is that all she ever wanted is to make music.

Anyways, I don't think getting started on a reality show is anything bad either, I mean she tried pretty darn hard to get into the industry before Idol. It's not like she woke up one morning and thought "hmm I think I wanna be a singer, I'm gonna try out for Idol" lmao!!!

Anyways I'm not tryna be rude, just saying lol. :P

Some songs may sound like what's on radio today but then you have the really different tracks like Whyyawannabringmedown, I Want You, Ready to name a few. But yeah, I'm glad it's growing on ya 8-)

i saw kelly a few years ago live and she was AMAZING.

i really liked her old stuff.

but for her this CD is a disspointment. lyrically its nothing special and kinda generic.

there are a few good songs

but it feels like she trying to hard. idk. i just dont like it.

^You not only agree with me on politics but on Kelly Clarkson too?! wahey :) (except i've never seen her live)

as for Lucy ... Every single song is not unique but rather either a copy of someone else's work or a recycled idea.

1. Suck- rips off SUBG

2. IDHU - rips off Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus (mainly katy perry though)

3. Cry- rips off every pop ballad on the universe but it really sounds Carrie Underwood to me

4. Don't Let Me Stop You- someone already mention it and yes she ripped off BTHE

5. All I Ever Wanted- First off, its a cover and not a very original one in fact. She pretty much ruined this song for me. Sounds like a cheap copy of Pink. Nothing special.

6. Already Gone- people are saying it sounds like Beyonce's Halo but I haven't listened to the song. However it does sound like a mix of Beyonce and Rihanna anything but original.

7. If I Can't Have You- very techno-ey and not original. People are saying it sounds like Miley Cyrus's Fly on The Wall. I've never actually listened to the song so I can't say that for sure. However, almost every pop artist has at least one song like this in their repriotore.

8. Save You - The music sounds like OneRepublic meets an actual piano melody. There is some influence of classical music. The lyrics aren't well done or original at all. Someone on youtube said that Tedder used the took mozart interlude from a Josh Groban Song (i have yet to confirm this).

9. Whyyawannbringmedown- another cover.. sounds like early 80's punk rock i.e. blondie/joan jett/pat benatar... aka its nothing original (the original song sounds more british punk rock though.. the voice makes alot of difference).

10. Long Shot- Katy Perry .. again.. in some parts she sounds exactly like her

11. Impossible - obvious comparision to OneRepublic has to be made... switch her voice with Tedder's and this could've been a hit for onerepublic

12. Ready- the DEMO was sarcastic aka absolutely fantastic but this version lost all its omph. Sounds like shes giving her best Sara Bareilles impression.

13. I Want You- two words Kate Nash... end of discussion

14. If No One Will Listen- yet another dreary pop ballad (which is also a cover) has a bit of singer-songwriter vibe which is nothing new. However, I could hear the same song resung on idol for generations to come and it wouldn't sound much different. Reminds me of when a teen pop stars try to be serious... "HEY LOOK IM ADULT NOW LISTEN TO THESE WORDS I SING".

15. Tip of My Tongue- very pop/r&b. has a bit of rihanna as well (you can tell i don't listen to the radio too much) or christinas crappy new singles.

16. The Day We Fell Apart- gonna have to make another disney "rockstar" comparision.

17. Can We Go Back- although this song is pure awesome its nothing new... its merely a great rock-ish track.

^You not only agree with me on politics but on Kelly Clarkson too?! wahey :) (except i've never seen her live)

as for Lucy ... Every single song is not unique but rather either a copy of someone else's work or a recycled idea.

1. Suck- rips off SUBG

3. Cry- rips off every pop ballad on the universe but it really sounds Carrie Underwood to me

4. Don't Let Me Stop You- someone already mention it and yes she ripped off BTHE

5. All I Ever Wanted- First off, its a cover and not a very original one in fact. She pretty much ruined this song for me. Sounds like a cheap copy of Pink. Nothing special.

6. Already Gone- people are saying it sounds like Beyonce's Halo but I haven't listened to the song. However it does sound like a mix of Beyonce and Rihanna anything but original.

7. If I Can't Have You- very techno-ey and not original. People are saying it sounds like Miley Cyrus's Fly on The Wall. I've never actually listened to the song so I can't say that for sure. However, almost every pop artist has at least one song like this in their repriotore.

8. Save You - The music sounds like OneRepublic meets an actual piano melody. There is some influence of classical music. The lyrics aren't well done or original at all. Someone on youtube said that Tedder used the took mozart interlude from a Josh Groban Song (i have yet to confirm this).

9. Whyyawannbringmedown- another cover.. sounds like early 80's punk rock i.e. blondie/joan jett/pat benatar... aka its nothing original (the original song sounds more british punk rock though.. the voice makes alot of difference).

11. Impossible - obvious comparision to OneRepublic has to be made... switch her voice with Tedder's and this could've been a hit for onerepublic

12. Ready- the DEMO was sarcastic aka absolutely fantastic but this version lost all its omph. Sounds like shes giving her best Sara Bareilles impression.

14. If No One Will Listen- yet another dreary pop ballad (which is also a cover) has a bit of singer-songwriter vibe which is nothing new. However, I could hear the same song resung on idol for generations to come and it wouldn't sound much different. Reminds me of when a teen pop stars try to be serious... "HEY LOOK IM ADULT NOW LISTEN TO THESE WORDS I SING".

15. Tip of My Tongue- very pop/r&b. has a bit of rihanna as well (you can tell i don't listen to the radio too much) or christinas crappy new singles.

16. The Day We Fell Apart- gonna have to make another disney "rockstar" comparision.

17. Can We Go Back- although this song is pure awesome its nothing new... its merely a great rock-ish track.

my thoughts exactly

written by katy perry.

how dare she rip off her own song.

co-written by katy perry.

not even nearly kate nash, have you ever heard a kate nash song ?! i want you sounds like someone else, i do concur, but to say "kate nash ...end of discussion" is just asking for a discussion because i cannot find any similarities at all.

oh, i agree with this one.

...i'm not really fussed to be honest, everyone has their own opinions and all that, i just love a good ol' disagreement on someone who's so adament on being right. i don't care about being right, just so you know before you throw that one back at my face, once again i merely like disagreeing ! :D

i for one don't care that there is no speck of originiality in this album. there are bands/singers i look for when i want originality and kelly clarkson is not one of them; i just want a tune and a fucking good voice and she provides. hooray.

tally-ho.

1. Suck- rips off SUBG

(+rep. politics AND music =])

ive had long shot by katy perry on my ipod for a long time. and i really like that song. i give kelly credit on this song though. wen she sings it it sounds like a kelly clarkson song. she needs to do more songs like this.

the rest of her album is mediocre (sp?) even though this isnt her own song, it is the best on the album, one of the only good ones. cause every other song on her album sounds pop/disney. long shot though is the kind of pop that isnt all disney channel clean but its still good. if that makes sense.

1. Suck- rips off SUBG

I didn't say they were unique. I said they were different. as in different to what she's done before.

Anyway. You have your opinion, I have mine. I think it's a great album, you don't. Fair enough.

not even nearly kate nash, have you ever heard a kate nash song ?! i want you sounds like someone else, i do concur, but to say "kate nash ...end of discussion" is just asking for a discussion because i cannot find any similarities at all.

yes I've heard a couple Kate Nash songs and honestly Kate Nash popped into my head the first time I heard "I Want You". Maybe its not 100% Nash but I meant that it was influenced by her. However I think people like Kate Nash , Lily Allen etc. all sound pretty much the same so if you have a better comparision let me know. (arrgh now I have Pumpkin Soup in my head).

and Lucy the way you worded it the first time made me think that you thought that the music was truly unique. However, I do agree that some of the songs are different for her but not neccessarily in a good way.

edit: kiersten : yeah i agree most of the album is mediocore.

IMO it's a really good pop album!!

Plus people seem to have forgotton what she said to the label execs when MD was released: That she wanted to have her time with MD, and that she'd compromise some for the next album. That's obviously what she's done for AIEW. And now that Davis is out of the picture, she'll have more artistic control for the next cd. and not that washed up has - been trying to control what she puts out.

any ways on a positive note. Kelly's updated her twitter saying they're done shooting the new video for the day :) woop :willy_nilly:

any ways on a positive note. Kelly's updated her twitter saying they're done shooting the new video for the day :) woop :willy_nilly:

Just beware that there are a lot of fake kelly twitters out there. even if it has the word official in it doesn't mean its official (theres another thats k_official as well). I wouldn't beleive it as Kelly twitter till her or her managment recognizes or tells us that it is in fact her real twitter.

Also if most the updates come from the computer, you can be pretty sure they are fake since how would she be sitting on the computer all day answering questions when she is shooting a video just sayin.

^ well her friend Jebbey is following it and also her other friend Ashley Arrison is following her. and a trustworthy member of the Express knows for fact that it's the real Ashley Arrisons twitter, so I doubt her own friend would follow a fake lol.

On another note, she posted y/day or the day before [can't rem] that she had shot the vid for IDNHU in LA and then today there's a teaser for the vid on Access Hollywood. Only Kelly herself would know when the video was shot seeing as she hasn't mentioned anything about it previous to this.

^I don't use twitter so all I was doing was warning you to be careful. If those people are on there I'm pretty sure its legit. However, I guess we all know the real reason she cancelled her appearance on Ellen (to film her new video) now.

Oh I know, I understand where ur coming from. I didn't believe it was really her until it was mentioned on the Express about Ashley & Jebby following her.

But anyways, I didn't realise her Ellen appearance was cancelled, I wasn't even sure when it was supposed to be in the first place lol.

i've fallen in love with her stuff all over again. hadnt listened to her properly since i was about thirteen since 'my life would suck..' appeared. i like her new album, but its nothing on 'breakaway'. the only thing that bugs me a little about her is that all her songs have pretty much the same theme/meaning.

her version of 'long shot' puts katy perrys to shame, lol.

Oh I know, I understand where ur coming from. I didn't believe it was really her until it was mentioned on the Express about Ashley & Jebby following her.

But anyways, I didn't realise her Ellen appearance was cancelled, I wasn't even sure when it was supposed to be in the first place lol.

March 24th I beleive.

oh and the new single cover is waaay too photoshoped

20090326220857.jpg