New LJ Post from Hayley

You can read it here...I won't post it here 'cause you really have to read the link first, then Hayley's entry to get the whole thing...

http://paramoreband.livejournal.com/

It's an amazing post from her. I have so much respect for her and the guys and how they're dealing with all the craziness that's being thrown their way right now...and how hard they're working to stay close to their fans...

Lol @ that video.

I thought it was a natural reaction to look in the direction of a suddenly really really loud crowd... I know that's what I do, lol...

And Hayley's post...

I was honestly hoping this would happen.. Because I have the same fears as the person that made that post... I DO understand that they're insanely freakin' busy though.

It's all just scary....

Hopefully this whole ordeal smooths everyone over on the subject... I feel a little better..

"

so, i read this post today... kinda sucks, to be honest.

but what am i gonna do?

i think there are a lot of things i could say to defend ourselves and hope that it makes the situation sound better but i can't figure out if it's pointless for me to do that or not. i'll try to explain a little bit without sounding like i'm defending to much.

what i would like to say is: touring is a different animal than it used to be. now, that we're on warped it's even more different. if you were around for our first year at warped then you probably remember that we lived at our merch booth and waited around for anyone at all to come over and hang with us in hopes that they'd like our music. last year, things began to change... we were able to hang at the booth after shows for the most part and we did acoustic performances, but press started to take over and our schedule just wasn't as flexible. this year... when we are out walking around, it's usually because we are walking to the press tent or to the catering line or even to the show. it's rare that we have any spare time to hang out anymore. it sucks so bad but that's why we do signings and stuff like. that's the reason that we have meet and greets.

we are sorry if you are one of the people who've tried to stop us while we were busy and we had to turn you down. it's nothing personal and it's not that we dn't appreciate your support and passion for what we do. anytime we have a chance to hang out - we try our best to. with the new record out, things are getting a little busier for us on the road and spare moments are few and far between.

the mtv blogs and what not... are on a deadline. that's why i write those. most of the time i send them from ronnie's blackberry. again, sorry if there are any feelings hurt but i just can't make time all the time.

well, i'd like to do another post soon that's a lot more positive and is an actual update for you guys.

i'll try to get back to you all tonight or tomorrow night!

ps. the simpsons movie ruled.

"

Paramore is just amazing. I can't believe people were saying stuff like that. It seems to have been happening a lot because on one of the Paramore groups that I am in on myspace, people were calling them rude too. One girl even called Hayley a "stone cold bitch." It was ridiculous. People cam be so selfish sometimes....

Guest texasrocker

Like she said "thats y we have meet and greets" theyre really busy and they know it. the meet and greets are so they can get close to the fans again instead of being swamped by people saying sign this and sign that and never meeting them. i totally understand where they are coming from. so what if its a few xtra bucks to meet them? if your a true fan, its totally worth it.

some people are such jerks and need to realize that since Riot! came out that their popularity has absolutely sky rocketed! i'm sure they'd much rather be hanging out with fans rather than doing press, but at this point it's really not their choice.

anyway, on a much brighter note.. today i walked into pacsun and they were playing crushcrushcrush. so of course i started dancing and singing. it was the highlight of my day :)

Possibly sooner or later they'll have more control over this. Everyone is taking advantage of them meaning the press all cause of their age. They'll slowly gain the control and do more of what they want rather than what the press wants. (This is a hopeful matter.) I mean I understand full heartedly what the situation is and that's how it goes. Some people will start disliking them, that were big fans and some will come in that aren't that big of fans. The bigger they get, the tougher it gets. I don't mind them getting bigger whatsoever I love that they are. Just for a person who never met them and always wanted to, just might not be able to. Unless they go to meet and greets or catch them by chance on the streets as for now. (hopefully) I'm one of those people who hope to meet them, but it's not the end of the world for me. I just got to appreciate what they've done for us and all their amazing music they came up with. Hoping for more in the process of the years to come. They're young, we're young... we have a long way to go!

Everyone needs to just get used to the fact that the old times are gone. It's like she said, they use to live at the merch booth. Now, if she were to walk around she'd probably get jumped by a bunch of fans. It would be an understatement to say that she.. sticks out :P

But what are ya gonna do. :crybad:

Possibly sooner or later they'll have more control over this. Everyone is taking advantage of them meaning the press all cause of their age. They'll slowly gain the control and do more of what they want rather than what the press wants. (This is a hopeful matter.) I mean I understand full heartedly what the situation is and that's how it goes. Some people will start disliking them, that were big fans and some will come in that aren't that big of fans. The bigger they get, the tougher it gets. I don't mind them getting bigger whatsoever I love that they are. Just for a person who never met them and always wanted to, just might not be able to. Unless they go to meet and greets or catch them by chance on the streets as for now. (hopefully) I'm one of those people who hope to meet them, but it's not the end of the world for me. I just got to appreciate what they've done for us and all their amazing music they came up with. Hoping for more in the process of the years to come. They're young, we're young... we have a long way to go!

I agree. :)

And i'm glad Hayley wrote that, I guess it just assures the long-time fans that they still care. And I can honestly say that this is one time where I doubt Paramore's ever going to change, maybe less time, but as people, never.

I understand those people who say they miss the old days back but that just happens when a band begin to win some popularity. And if you really a fan you have to understand that they are very busy and don't really have time to hang out with the fans. And I'm sure if they'll find the time they would still hang with the fans. And you will see, now the new record is just out so the press is all over them but in a couple of months the press will lay back and then Paramore will have time to be with their fans.

Yeah, I respect her and the guys for clearing up some things and making sure that they're attitudes haven't changed towards us fans. Stardom has its bad ends of the trade, doesn't it... but then again, it'll get better most definitely.