too obsessed?

benedict_

We all want to hang with our favorite bands, but the reality of it actually happening is kind of slim unless you grow up with them or you become friends with them sometime. But don't get too obsessed with wanting it to happen that you're constantly brooding over it and mooping around because of not being able to yet-- it's not healthy, especially when you're considering suicide. I mean, the band supports TWLOHA a lot, so it would be very sad for one of their fans to commit suicide because that fan was never able to meet them... Y'know? So keep your chin up!

Just make meeting them your dream and not your obsession. Dreams are healthy, obsessions are not. Sure we all say that we're "obsessed" with the band or another, but we know that we would never go too far in pursuit of something whether it's meeting them or whatever (I don't know, something spectacular).

Someone above said some things you could do to take a step back and breathe (and I agree with them). Y'know, hang out with your friends, drive around in your car and do stupid stuff in supermarkets, take up an instrument, read books that interest you, and most importantly-- get out of your house at least once a day for more than fifteen minutes. You won't get cabin fever 'cause when you get cabin fever, I know this happens to me, I think wayyy too much. Lol. Thinking is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but it's what you're thinking about most of the time that seems to get you to wig out. I don't know, that's what happens to me, especially when I have to cram for an exam.

So yeah. Best wishes for you, man! I'm sure you'll make it through this rough patch. Just remember that you can love the band, just don't let your love for 'em cause you harm. Cool? If you ever want to just talk to someone about it-- you can PM, myspace, or MSN me. I'm willing to chat if you ever need someone to just listen (or read in this case, Lol).

Has this whole thing been any better for you? Like, has the obsession lightened up?

well i would say that the obsession is still there; but i feel a lot better about it and that i realize its really just a dumb idea in my head.

and oh yeah Kleptomaniac^ i do live where they tour, because i just went to warped tour in NY but they didnt do a signing or anything :/

hey everybody,

I was just wondering if you all could answer my question. or just respond to my thoughts on this.

well anyway, I think I'm too obsessed with paramore and hayley williams.

I'm almost on the verge of like killing myself because I have wanted from the first time I found out about paramore to meet hayley williams, and it seems to me that that dream will never come true for me.

I think she's one of the most beautiful girls on the earth, and she also has an amazing singing voice. but don't get me wrong, I'm not just in love with her, I love paramore's music too, and I guess I'm too obsessed with that also.

I don't know, I'm about to give up all together on the dream of one day meeting Hayley. Even though it's been my life goal since I was 13.

Well yeah, thats how I feel about things, who really cares, I'm just some dumb fan anyway :[

I agree with the 1st post below you, "you can never be to obsessed". I am just a tad obsessive with Paramore in general, not just hayley, haha

Think about what Paramore would feel like if you did go to the extremity of suicide, they would be absolutly crushed to lose one of their fans just because they didnt get to meet them. Like someone said before, they support TWLOHA so they really dont want anything to happen like that.

You will meet them one day if you go to one of their shows, theyre sociable and care about their fans so theyre happy to chat with everyone who wants to, and theyre great people.

As for the obssession part, I have to say yes, you are a little too obsessed but lots of teenagers go through an obsession at one point so dont worry about it too much. Find other things to do cause Paramore arent the only thing out there to like. You will feel much better once you have got a hobby or something or go out with friends, dont revolve your life around them, you dont want to become a stalker.

You will be fine, dont worry, it will pass :D

^Yeah, that sucks, but that's what happens when everyone at the show wants to meet them. Maybe go to a show without any expectations and see what happens. With me, that's when I usually stumble across the band I'm seeing or a member of it. It's kind of funny how often that happens to me actually. Just make having fun and rocking out to the live music be your number one priority at a show-- nothing can really go south from there. But if you go to a show in hopes of meeting the band as your first priority instead maybe your second or third priority, that's when you feel bummed after a show. Y'know what I'm saying?

• 7 months later...

Killing somebody or yourself is the stupiest thing to do over a band.

Thinking of that you should see a therapist and find away to get over with "over-obsession".

Telling that you'll kill yourself if you don't meet Hayley is not crazy, it's sick.

This is my honest opinion. An obsession which is gone way too far can ruin yourself.

• 6 months later...