This has been bothering me...

lyn

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im right there with ya, i mean yea im still overly in love with them. but i myself really miss the old paramore. awkif is my fav album of all time, i love riot! but i think awkif passes it up by a little. i know their image is bound to change over time but i cant help but miss it when i watch all those videos from them back in the day. and remembering listening to them years back when rarely anyone else knew who they were. but i am happy for them for all the publicity they are getting as well. theyve earned it all.

i miss that too.. i was watching pressure today. i rember the first time i saw that vid i though. well there alright. but then like a month later i became obsessed. i really miss there old style and sound. i luvv riot alot. but sumthin about akwif had lieka really raw sound to it i guess...

i miss old paramore and how they were like soo frickin young and how suprised there were wen they first saw them selfs inside AP (the first time they ever interviewd with steven), and how i would say paramore and every one would b "PARA-wat??"

but yea. every band changes.. there still the same band, same awesome ppl, but all the teenies :willy_nilly:

haha yeah.

i think thats exactly how i feel.

i mean i was recently looking at the

old pictures and some of the old videos.

and its def got me missing those times.

for me it feels like it was centuries ago.

[back when they were the "t-shirt and jeans" kinda band]

But some people are getting into them for all the wrong reasons.

I mean I know that more fans is good.

But still.

Their fans should be ones that know a lot about them.

And who are gonna stick by them through everything.

Yeah inoo what you mean, like on the shitty music channels all the chavs send in message's going "oMg PlAy DaT "iM iN tHe BuSiNeSs O mIsErY" and "Da BiRd In ThAt ViDeO iZ wElL fIt" and it's like GGAHAHH !!:roll:

I know what you mean 100% one of the reasons I got into this band in the first place was to me they looked like just a really cool group of people, I could really do without all the matching outfits and flashy stage props, it was never really my style and it depresses me when bands start to head down that road. It will be interesting to see how things go this year, but i dont think ill ever like em as much as I did before their image changed which sucks. To be honest I dont even listen to the new cd =/ I still just listen to the old one, im just not feelin the new one at all besides 1 or 2 songs.

i know i truly wish they'd go back to their old ways like b4 the funny stuff like yellow pants and random shirts and mismatched outfits...now its all different =\ its the way life goes on though...people [and bands] change but hayley, jojsh, jeremy, or zac havent changed their personalities at all for most of the matter they still adore their fans dont they? as long as they're not acting like other artists like fergie or whatever that write stupid songs like fergalicious tht have no meaning opposite a song like we are broken.

yeah mtv is being over-annoying with all the publicity, but think the band's getting more famous nd its better for them...they'll never change in heart [hopefully] but they will change their looks

i know i truly wish they'd go back to their old ways like b4 the funny stuff like yellow pants and random shirts and mismatched outfits...now its all different =\ its the way life goes on though...people [and bands] change but hayley, jojsh, jeremy, or zac havent changed their personalities at all for most of the matter they still adore their fans dont they? as long as they're not acting like other artists like fergie or whatever that write stupid songs like fergalicious tht have no meaning opposite a song like we are broken.

yeah mtv is being over-annoying with all the publicity, but think the band's getting more famous nd its better for them...they'll never change in heart [hopefully] but they will change their looks

this made me feel better.

i was one of the one's to bring up this whole topic by the way. haha.

but anyway, yeah i guess i'm just a bit annoyed about the fact that they are getting so much publicity (especially from mtv) and all the fangirls and just, blah.

i mean, i know that publicity is good, and i know it's been said before, but i kind of feel like, "ugh they're mine i don't want to share them blah blah"

but i don't want to sound selfish, or like a baby.

and i'm afraid that they're going to get fans who aren't real fans at all.

i don't mind their new image too much,

but i miss awkif. and everything.

and i'm not making any sense anymore, so i'm going to stop before i sound even stupider.

it's weird seeing their setlists and them only playing a few old songs. i would rather hear stuff from awkif, i love that cd. and watching videos from the acoustic thing they did at hmv, everyone was screaming buring misery business and you could barely hear hayley, but there were way less singing during pressure. i just wish people would look beyond riot and see how great they've always been. i know a lot of people will, but even more will just think of them as riot and hayley. it really bothers me that everyone is obsessing over her. paramore is a band.

Gotta agree with what everyone's said in this thread. I did prefer the old Paramore (AWKIF).

And Jon, that happened to me too -- not liking Riot at all at first. But then I basically forced myself to listen to it all and I do like it now. But it did take me about six weeks though... if it were any other band I probably would have given up on it. With AWKIF I thought the album was too short. I think it was 36 minutes long? Well by the time I got to the fifth track on Riot I was thinking "man this is a long album" and then I realised that Riot is 38 minutes long.

But like I said, I "persevered" and I do like the album and it would probably just make my top 5 albums of the year, even if I haven't listened to it in the last two weeks at all.

The new "image" kind of bothered me at first, but it's the music that's what counts not how they look.

The main problem I sort of had was that they went "poppy" with the new album. MTV2 in the UK is different to MTV2 in the States... it has credibility. And usually if a band don't get played on MTV2 then it means they're a pop band or a manufactured band (since MTV2 is a Rock channel). The songs from AWKIF got played, but nothing from Riot has been played at all which is disappointing :(

Well, the way I see it, all bands are bound to gain more and more fans as their career progresses, and some bands have changed their images as time passes as well.

But in the end, it's about the music. Don't get too stressed out over the fact Paramore seem to be changing, cause they still make great music. :)