Official Fan Club Launch!

thebrowncoat

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really debating about joining or not. If it was Eisley and since I live in Dallas (which they have a lot of shows at 'cause they live in Tyler), I know I would get my money's worth out of the fan club through miscellaneous access/benefits at shows. But seeing as Paramore doesn't come through all that often and because $40 is pretty steap for a one year membership, I might just wait and see what I'm missing out on before I join. I want to see what I'm missing out on before I do join-- if I miss something huge, then I guess that's when I will cut my losses and fork over the cash.

I'm not big on the fan club idea for any band, personally. If the money went to the band, then maybe I'd be more compelled to do it, but it doesn't. Besides, if you're a member to a certain venue who's hooked up with the ticket provider, then you get pre-sales too. I know if you're a HOB member, you can get in on some pre-sale action.

^Haha, good point. I suppose if Paramore keeps getting bigger and bigger or if they start touring with more mainstream bands, then I guess there's a possibility of the tickets selling out quickly. But if you're buying your ticket right when the regular sale starts, you're more than likely to get a ticket. But who knows, if they start going to bigger venues like arena style complexes with seating, then I guess that's the only benefit of a pre-sale. But really, other than that, there's no "ahh I have to be a part of a pre-sale" kind of necessity.

I love GA. It's the best set up for shows.

Well I think its con so these bands and their management can get money out fans,you shouldn't have to pay $40 to get all that shit.Its really just all fucked up really it is,why do bands make you pay these crazy prices for meet and greets and all that other shit when most of the time you don't have to spend any money.All these fan clubs are just taking away the value of the music that these bands make and thinking up clever scemes so they can get more money off fans.

Well, when album sales are down 15% this year vs. last year due to illegal downloading and the like, bands, record labels, etc. have to come up with some way to make additional revenue...recording and promoting albums and touring is expensive...and most bands are far from wealthy.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume the band gets nothing out of this...if that's the case, why would they bother to promote it through the LJ? Although I'm sure ArtistArena gets paid to manage it, I'd be surprised if the band didn't see any money out of it whatsoever.

Well I think its con so these bands and their management can get money out fans,you shouldn't have to pay $40 to get all that shit.Its really just all fucked up really it is,why do bands make you pay these crazy prices for meet and greets and all that other shit when most of the time you don't have to spend any money.All these fan clubs are just taking away the value of the music that these bands make and thinking up clever scemes so they can get more money off fans.

50 for you [and me :( ] since you live in the uk

Well, when album sales are down 15% this year vs. last year due to illegal downloading and the like, bands, record labels, etc. have to come up with some way to make additional revenue...recording and promoting albums and touring is expensive...and most bands are far from wealthy.

I also wouldn't be so quick to assume the band gets nothing out of this...if that's the case, why would they bother to promote it through the LJ? Although I'm sure ArtistArena gets paid to manage it, I'd be surprised if the band didn't see any money out of it whatsoever.

Artist Arena is going to be running All Time Low's fan club, and Alex from ATL told me that they won't see any profit from the actual fan club membership, so I figured it'll be the same with Paramore. But I'm sure they'll get money from the exclusive merch sales, meet & greet tix, & the like. I guess I should have clarified that.

And somebody else asked what the point of pre sales is, well hopefully there will be meet & greets, and also it's just better to use a pre-sale because EVERYBODY is going to try and get tix when the public sale starts. Also, with Artist Arena, the fees like ticketmaster has will be bypassed. I'm sure there will still be fees, but they will be much lower than ticketmaster or any venues fees.