Official Fan Club Launch!

thebrowncoat

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest texasrocker

really the fan clubs only making about $13 per person. the shirts are usually around $15 and the stickers/buttons, are around $2, plus the shippings $10, so thats $27 out of $40. thats steep, but its not like theyre making a killing. and you get the chance for m&g tickets and such. im signing up regardless.

so with the fan club you can 100% get into meet and greets? or is it just a maybe. that'd be the only reason i'd join, and they're coming in November. fuck the shirt and stickers. i can buy those at Hot Topic.

You can't buy any of that stuff at hot topic. And it would probably be like you had to purchasea m&g ticket or rsvp to them or something, not just show up when they had a show. It would be something organized in advance.

Guest texasrocker
so with the fan club you can 100% get into meet and greets? or is it just a maybe. that'd be the only reason i'd join, and they're coming in November. fuck the shirt and stickers. i can buy those at Hot Topic.

they would tell you where to get them. they usually dont publicly announce that.

You can't buy any of that stuff at hot topic. And it would probably be like you had to purchasea m&g ticket or rsvp to them or something, not just show up when they had a show. It would be something organized in advance.

they would tell you where to get them. they usually dont publicly announce that.

Ohh gotcha gotcha. And I dont mean those merch in the picture specificly. Do they have exclusive merch other then that specifically for that site? That shirts pretty much the definition of lame.

If they do meet & greets, those tickets will likely be available only through the fanclub. As to whether it's 100% on getting one, that's all dependent on whether or not you buy your ticket before the presale sells out. There are a limited # of M&G tix for each show.

Ohh gotcha gotcha. And I dont mean those merch in the picture specificly. Do they have exclusive merch other then that specifically for that site? That shirts pretty much the definition of lame.

Well you don't get to choose what shirt you get for the membership, but eventually they'll have merch on their just for fan club members.

I just think its all a con and its unfair that fans from America get the benifits.Of cource the band will be making buck loads of cash from every sucker to sign up.All these bands want when they start these fan clubs up is to get more cash from you.

As somebody else explained, each membership is only bringing in about $13 of profit. And like I said before, that money goes to Artist Arena, who runs the fan club. The band isn't making money off of membership sales. When the fan club puts up exclusive merch & stuff, the band will make money off of that, but nothing more than they'd make if you went and bought a shirt off of the FBR store. Yeah, maybe it seems like it's unfair and that US kids will be getting all the benefits, but we really don't know that yet. Obviously since it's being offered to fans abroad, I'm assuming they will be benefitting as well, or it wouldn't even be offered to them. Please don't attack the band on this, they're not in some huge money making scheme, honestly.

^Haha, love the wit. :lol:

I don't see why people think the band will get money from the fanclub. Like others have already explained, it's Artist Arena who set the fanclub up and, in turn, gets the moolah. The only way Paramore will get money from you is if you decide to buy merch at their shows, which is where every band gets a bigger slice of the profits than any other outlet-- FBR.com, Hot Topic, record sales, etc. So people thinking otherwise needs to take their rose-colored glasses off and realize the band won't get any of the proceeds unless you potentially buy their merch at their shows by using a fanclub exclusive to get you a ticket or M&G ticket. That's really the only benefit of the fanclub gives the band-- your potential merch buying needs at their shows.

At shows they (the band) get the money directly and the only other thing they really have to worry about is giving a certain percentage to the venue. They get a bigger slice by the sales at their own shows than anywhere else. The fanclub's owners will being getting a slice before Paramore does because they're selling the shirts indirectly from the band.

At shows they (the band) get the money directly and the only other thing they really have to worry about is giving a certain percentage to the venue. They get a bigger slice by the sales at their own shows than anywhere else. The fanclub's owners will being getting a slice before Paramore does because they're selling the shirts indirectly from the band.

Exactly. Like even in the areas where they will make profit from the fan club, it's not going to be anything excessive. Don't worry guys, I don't think they're gonna be running out and buying hummers anytime soon, haha.