Official Fan Club Launch!

thebrowncoat

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah that stinks. I love paramore but I don't really know if it's worth $40 for a t-shirt, and im not positive I will be able to go to any shows so, yeah.

And besides, the fan club isn't actually run by paramore is it? And if not, then where do the profits go?

people asked the same when ATL announced they were having a fan club. pretty much, the money goes directly to the people running the fanclub. it's how they're able to pay for the exclusive items, and things like cheaper tickets and stuff. the band doesn't make any money off it in the sense of where the $30 goes, but they make money because people will come to the shows and their name will get bigger.

plus, i think the more people that join gives executives an idea of what type of fan base the band has and it will open up more opportunities.

people asked the same when ATL announced they were having a fan club. pretty much, the money goes directly to the people running the fanclub. it's how they're able to pay for the exclusive items, and things like cheaper tickets and stuff. the band doesn't make any money off it in the sense of where the $30 goes, but they make money because people will come to the shows and their name will get bigger.

plus, i think the more people that join gives executives an idea of what type of fan base the band has and it will open up more opportunities.

Exactly. And the band doesn't run it, but they are definitely involved. The band themselves don't have the time or the resources to actually run a fan club.

I signed up like last month, but today I accidently signed up again and sent a money order out. When I got home I got the email with my coupon code and I was just wondering if anyone knows what I should do to fix this?

Thanks so much!!!

give the account that you just signed up with today to me :mrgreen:

im not paying fucking 50$ for a shirt and a preorder on tickets for shows that arent near where i live

man and its only a one year membership...it should be for life...every year your gonna have to give 40 dollars or w/e, its 30 plus shippin...maybe im just tight with money but i think thas just to much lol...plus im tight on money right now cuz im broke lol

My Mom bought me the fob fan club when it first came out, and I can still access the site and that was a looooooong time ago. So I think you can still reap the benefits.

Well I think its con so these bands and their management can get money out fans,you shouldn't have to pay $40 to get all that shit.Its really just all fucked up really it is,why do bands make you pay these crazy prices for meet and greets and all that other shit when most of the time you don't have to spend any money.All these fan clubs are just taking away the value of the music that these bands make and thinking up clever scemes so they can get more money off fans.

Well I think its con so these bands and their management can get money out fans,you shouldn't have to pay $40 to get all that shit.Its really just all fucked up really it is,why do bands make you pay these crazy prices for meet and greets and all that other shit when most of the time you don't have to spend any money.All these fan clubs are just taking away the value of the music that these bands make and thinking up clever scemes so they can get more money off fans.

The band isn't making ANY money off of this, ALL of the money goes to artist arena, the company that owns the fan club. THEY set the fees accordingly, and then using their resources, are able to get us discounted tix, exclusive merch, etc.