Crushcrushcrush Video News

ShapeShifter

So, I've seen a few posts on this and people wondering what the video is about and all, so I thought I'd throw my thoughts/interpretation out there. Feel free to agree or disagree...I posted this over in the LJ too...

The scene: A band, far out in the middle of the desert. As far away as they can get from any form of civilization - no other living things around for miles. Except, of course, there are...looking on, through the window, from afar through telescopes...watching...

You can read it a number of ways, but I think the video is about obsessiveness and its dark side (as is the song, imo.) When I first heard the song, I thought it was about an obsessive crush - a "relationship", so to speak, gone wrong - to the point where it takes over your life and thoughts.

But with the video - I think there's another way you can interpret the song and I think the video steps back and plays the obsessiveness theme a different way - it looks at the obsessiveness of those around the band. The media, the press, the hangers-on - maybe even the fans. All of them, constantly watching, constantly "scribbling out the truth with their lies" (the Kerrang! article), speaking for the band or even thinking/pretending to BE the band - when the "spies"/"watchers" at the end take the band's place (how many fake myspaces are there out there now for Hayley?)

People so obsessed that, even far out in the desert, where all the band is doing is trying to play the songs they love, they still get tracked down and found.

idk...agree? disagree?

btw, I love the video :)

The part about even being found in the desert I agree with, kinda how as they're getting more famous the attention directed at them is getting more and more intense.

As for them taking the band's place, someone should tell them it's not really safe playing the bass with your teeth/tongue. :P

So, I've seen a few posts on this and people wondering what the video is about and all, so I thought I'd throw my thoughts/interpretation out there. Feel free to agree or disagree...I posted this over in the LJ too...

The scene: A band, far out in the middle of the desert. As far away as they can get from any form of civilization - no other living things around for miles. Except, of course, there are...looking on, through the window, from afar through telescopes...watching...

You can read it a number of ways, but I think the video is about obsessiveness and its dark side (as is the song, imo.) When I first heard the song, I thought it was about an obsessive crush - a "relationship", so to speak, gone wrong - to the point where it takes over your life and thoughts.

But with the video - I think there's another way you can interpret the song and I think the video steps back and plays the obsessiveness theme a different way - it looks at the obsessiveness of those around the band. The media, the press, the hangers-on - maybe even the fans. All of them, constantly watching, constantly "scribbling out the truth with their lies" (the Kerrang! article), speaking for the band or even thinking/pretending to BE the band - when the "spies"/"watchers" at the end take the band's place (how many fake myspaces are there out there now for Hayley?)

People so obsessed that, even far out in the desert, where all the band is doing is trying to play the songs they love, they still get tracked down and found.

idk...agree? disagree?

btw, I love the video :)

okay the video makes more sense to me now...im not good at interpurting some videos..ahh you always make great points!

EDIT: after reading this i watched the video again and i really like it now..haha. where as before i hated it..im still not crazy about her hair but who cares its just HAIR!

honestly, i was kind of dissappointed.

i thought it was alright. but i think for me it was because with the other videos, we were told when they was going to come out months in advance and we anticipated them for so long, and when they were finally released it was amazing.

with this video we didn't find out until a week before they released it and it was just so sudden.

i liked the way it looked, like the grunginess of it all, but i still think it could have been better.

honestly, i was kind of dissappointed.

i thought it was alright. but i think for me it was because with the other videos, we were told when they was going to come out months in advance and we anticipated them for so long, and when they were finally released it was amazing.

with this video we didn't find out until a week before they released it and it was just so sudden.

i liked the way it looked, like the grunginess of it all, but i still think it could have been better.

Agree.

Eh, it's a good video, but they've had better.