A Lack Of Rock n' Roll??

the1

I agree with Meg and Caley. It's so much nicer to have nice bands who don't have the rock star attitude. They're just regular, good people, and that's so nice compared to people who think they're so badass they can just do and say whatever they please. Being a disrespectful jerk isn't cool, and it's a bit too cliche. I think that rock star attitude is a very junior high mentality. You know when you're like 12 or 13 and you think you're the best thing since potato chips? That's how I view the "I'm a rock star, I'm so cool" people.

Agreeeeeed

Okay so, here is what I think on the whole "Paramore isn't Rock 'n' Roll enough" thing. I think that the way they are is just the way they are. Everyone is different and they just happen to be the nicest people ever. Everyone has already said that so, what I think about the "Paramore won't be taken seriously" part is that I think a lot of people won't take Paramore seriously either way because of the kind of music they play. Of course, everyone here will take them seriously because we know that they are an amazing band. However, especially now that they are on MTV, people will not take them seriously. Basically, people will see them as another Fall Out Boy with a female lead singer. It sucks but that's the reality. So, even if they did go around flipping people off and publicly saying that another band sucks just to start an argument (i.e. 50 cent and Ja Rule thing), there are still people that wouldn't take them seriously because of the music that they play. That is what I think and I'm done now.

I'm so sick of bands that are like "I don't care about anything blah blah blah"

it's nice to have a "nice" band for once, tbh.

and I think their fans will take them seriously if they're a "nice" band and that's what matters right?

yeah i think its nice that they do care and that they don't want to purposley offend anyone.

and i think they do speak their minds, but just on issues that don't cause offence.

i don't really know.but a band not giving a f**k what every one thinks is good to some extent until they offend their fans etc.

^Agree with both.

I get fed up with people at school who are all "OH I DONT CARE!!". The more they act like that, the more of an arse they become. I love the way they are nice caring people. Makes me want to be a better person. :P

I agree with Meg and Caley. It's so much nicer to have nice bands who don't have the rock star attitude. They're just regular, good people, and that's so nice compared to people who think they're so badass they can just do and say whatever they please. Being a disrespectful jerk isn't cool, and it's a bit too cliche. I think that rock star attitude is a very junior high mentality. You know when you're like 12 or 13 and you think you're the best thing since potato chips? That's how I view the "I'm a rock star, I'm so cool" people.

True dat. Lol. Sorry, I've always wanted to say that. :D

I love how they're nice. If they were another one of these bands that go around trashing hotel rooms and swearing all the time and whatever, then they'd just be another bunch of people who set bad examples for their younger fans (maybe even older)... probably inspiring them to go reek havoc; setting grannies on fire and the like.

Okay, so that's a bit extreme haha... but you see my point ;-)

lol I knew people would'nt get me.

Bear in mind I'm not really saying anything about them, just bringing up apoint for discussion. Of course we love them for who they are.

But alot of serious "rockers" may dismiss Paramore for being too "Un Rock n Roll" . Obviously thats a flaw on their part. But it would still be nice to see a bit of a badass attitude lol

i dont think they careabout what other bands think about them. there them. and they rock

setting grannies on fire... do people actually do that?? lol

I really, really, really, REALLY hope not!! There's enough crap happening in the world than having to have your eyes forever tainted with the sight of a flaming old lady.

But yeah... I guess I just used an extreme example to get my point across HAHA

I'm so sick of bands that are like "I don't care about anything blah blah blah"

it's nice to have a "nice" band for once, tbh.

and I think their fans will take them seriously if they're a "nice" band and that's what matters right?

i agree. alot of the bands you see out there have that "i dont care about what anyone thinks of me and who s me" attitude, paramore is a nice change.

part of the reason why i respect them so much is because they seem like genuinely nice people. i don't mind the complete opposite, but if they were it i don't think i'd have as much respect for them as i do now. but that's just me.

Smae as me. People obviously think I'm getting at the band or something. Im really not, just a "what if" queastion