A Lack Of Rock n' Roll??

the1

Well this could get a debate started.

As we know, Paramore aren't the most dangerous band in the world...

They speak nice and don't dabble in any debachauery (SP?) as far as we know lol.

But what kinda got me was when Taylor took down that Zac n T vid because it may have been "offensive". I didnt even get to see it!

I kinda think that if Paramore keep being so "nice" people won't take them seriously, which will really suck. I mean, I love Paramore because they are nice people, but I love A7X because they don't give a fuck how many people hate them or what they say, it's just a bit more exciting to have a band that is unpredictable and speaks their mind. I know some of the LJ posts are very personal, and I respect that, but I still wish Paramore would kinda live up to RIOT! a bit more ya know..

Discuss!!

yeah i think its nice that they do care and that they don't want to purposley offend anyone.

and i think they do speak their minds, but just on issues that don't cause offence.

i don't really know.but a band not giving a f**k what every one thinks is good to some extent until they offend their fans etc.

what was in the video that may have been offensive just wondering?

they said girl drummers were gay. BUT THEY WERE KIDDING, I LOLD OK.

and i think its better to be nice and care what other poeple think about you.

from personal experience i can say you gain a lot more trust when you nice alround then being like "fuck what they say!"

Honestly, I love nice bands! I rather hear about Starbucks raids than trashing hotel rooms or flicking off random people just for the sake of showing how seriously "hardcore" or "rock and roll" they are. I hate hearing about/reading about/seeing musicians at like jerkoffs; it just pisses me off.

This is also one of the major reasons why I really respect Paramore, because they don't try to be rock stars.

Not caring what other people think is a good thing to have. But with that, you need to have some class too. Like Green Day. If they just did not like Bush, fine. They could try expressing it in a very classy way. But they choose to show it in an immature manner.

You can careless what people think and have class aswell.

Even if they had that attitude, it really wouldn't fit them. They look like nice people. Just imagine say, Hayley on stage. Running around yelling "FUCK YOU!" Just doesn't click.

I find it better with them being nice. They're loyal to their fans and haven't grown any egos thinking they're better then the fans.

Ok, I need some clarification....

I believe the argument is: "If Paramore keeps being nice, people won't take them seriously." Now, hypothetically speaking, what exactly would Paramore lose, if people do not take them seriously? And, how does being "nice" take away the bands credibility? Don't they appear to be "proud" to show off their "niceness?" (for lack of a better word:) )

From both albums, I get the feeling that all of the words in the songs are very true...and then hold up when you listen to interviews or witness their own actions. i.e. the taking down of the video, because said video, was deemed offense. That is exactly something Paramore would do, and for me, I would take them more seriously than I would have before.

My main point is that Paramore has given off a very truthful image, so far. They're not pretending to be something there not. As of late, their actions do not seem to be in any conflict with their lyrics. And I don't think anyone has really questioned if their songs are influenced by false events in their lives. (Refer to that Misery Business LJ entry to really understand what I mean about the truthfulness in songs).

So...help me out here...

they just are who they are.... and if you ask me most of the bands who say they are rock and roll are just acting like that ....

So please let paramore be what they are now we most be happy with a band that acts normal

Meh, the image of the hard partying rockstars who get dosed up to the eyeballs on drugs, wreck their hotel rooms etc. is becoming a cliche, IMO. Who says all bands have to conform to that?

Paramore are way too nice for all that malarky, IMO. :P

lol I knew people would'nt get me.

Bear in mind I'm not really saying anything about them, just bringing up apoint for discussion. Of course we love them for who they are.

But alot of serious "rockers" may dismiss Paramore for being too "Un Rock n Roll" . Obviously thats a flaw on their part. But it would still be nice to see a bit of a badass attitude lol

I agree with Meg and Caley. It's so much nicer to have nice bands who don't have the rock star attitude. They're just regular, good people, and that's so nice compared to people who think they're so badass they can just do and say whatever they please. Being a disrespectful jerk isn't cool, and it's a bit too cliche. I think that rock star attitude is a very junior high mentality. You know when you're like 12 or 13 and you think you're the best thing since potato chips? That's how I view the "I'm a rock star, I'm so cool" people.