Paramore UK Tour, Jan 2008

Mutley

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that I dislike the band. I just just don't like how they've been cheating a lot of their fans out of money. I know every band needs money to stay where they are as well as to keep getting bigger, but with the Fan Club and now this add they put up on a MySpace bulletin it really confused so many people. The reason why this happened was because they didn't word the bulletin properly which meant a ton of their fans rushed to join their fan club only to later relalise that they may not be one of the lucky people who gets to the m&g. They should have put a clear message up indicating to their fans that with limited amount on pre-sale tickets their would be a limited amount of people who would be choosen to go to the m&g, instead they said anyonw who gets a pre-sale ticket would automaticly go to the m&g.

It's not that I dislike the band. I just just don't like how they've been cheating a lot of their fans out of money. I know every band needs money to stay where they are as well as to keep getting bigger, but with the Fan Club and now this add they put up on a MySpace bulletin it really confused so many people. The reason why this happened was because they didn't word the bulletin properly which meant a ton of their fans rushed to join their fan club only to later relalise that they may not be one of the lucky people who gets to the m&g. They should have put a clear message up indicating to their fans that with limited amount on pre-sale tickets their would be a limited amount of people who would be choosen to go to the m&g, instead they said anyonw who gets a pre-sale ticket would automaticly go to the m&g.

i know. it was awful sneaky the way it was done. i guess that all has nothing to do with the band though. they don't set-up all that kind of stuff.

oh. well that's a piece of shit.

Yeah it's a bit cheeky as it looks like most of the people are not going to join which i'm guessing means that meet and greet place wont go to anyone else. This has been a bit of a balls up. Still I haven't got this email saying I'm not a member and need to sign up.

Every band has a fan club nowadays...they don't really do much with the administration of it though - they certainly don't run it - and to be honest, I don't even know that they see a lot of the money from it. But, if you're an artist, and you know that album sales aren't even close to what they used to be and you've got to make some money somehow to do this as a career, you kind of have to be open to all options.

The kids in Paramore aren't rich though - far from it.

As for the UK M&G...I was afraid a lot of people would think there would be unlimited tickets available in the presale, so it's a shame there was that misconception. I figured they'd sell a limited # - they even sell a limited # in the presale in the US, and there the M&G was a random drawing.