Rant Thread III

thebrowncoat

me too...i hate the way politics is handled now, as of now, im debating on whether i want to major in political science or int'l affairs, ive always been more a worldly person, but politics has always intrigued me.

i mean most people in politics absolutely disgust me **cough**my ex-governor of two weeks ago**cough** but then people like Benazir Bhutto come along and make me want to save the world all over again haha

alex, what's so great about doing that crap anyway?

What's so great about doing anything at all ?

It's enjoyable. You can forget about things you don't need to remember, focus on feeling alive for a while, your senses are enhanced and you notice things that wouldn't be relevant any other way. People do things for their own reasons. There is an enjoyment factor with these things, else there wouldn't be any reason for people to touch them at all.

Whatever, i don't know why i'm keeping this up, i've stopped caring :P

Bah i say, bah and thrice bah !

It's enjoyable. You can forget about things you don't need to remember, focus on feeling alive for a while, your senses are enhanced and you notice things that wouldn't be relevant any other way. People do things for their own reasons. There is an enjoyment factor with these things, else there wouldn't be any reason for people to touch them at all.

valid point. and the fact that its addicting doesnt help much either

so doing that stuff may be good for the time its affecting you. but as soon as you go on that low your problems present themselves again, with the added low from the drgs. i'd assume, correct?

See, after having said i hate Politics, compared to American politics, i fucking love British ones. Waaaayyyy more simpler.

well DUH. our system is so decentralized its insane. if it were up to me it would be one big autocratic government. now THATS how you get shit done.

im so fucking sick of red tape.

The majority of "drugs" aren't actually addictive.

Alcohol is if you have too much of it, Nicotine is only physically addictive for 3 days, after that it's only a mental habit, cannabis is not addictive, nor is acid blah blah blah.

There isn't a point to that, i'm still not like condoning them to all just because they're not addictive. Just stating, really !

so doing that stuff may be good for the time its affecting you. but as soon as you go on that low your problems present themselves again, with the added low from the drgs. i'd assume, correct?

In a way. But problems still exist whether you're high or not, you just stop caring so much for a while. There is no "added low", for me at least- things are as bad as they are, things don't get better or worse because of things i may or may not be under the influence of, they just stop you minding so much about whatever for a while and focus on like. Anything, really.

I really can't describe this to you, haha ! I've never tried before, and just sort of assumed it'd be self-explanatory. It's an odd experience to be trying to explain what effect drugs have when you've have no experience to base it on.

-This is in no way a bad thing, just to be clear, it is fairly intrigueing though !

man when your on drugs you just dont give a shit, your living on what happens in the next second and the next and the next, right there with you, you dont care about things, and probably the biggest problem is whether you can be bothered to go get a portion of chips or not.

well isnt a "mental" habit addictive?

if your body cant function with out it, id say thats addictive.

theyre called withdrawals for a reason

Withdrawl symptoms are for physical addictions, for example those you see off Smack addicts.

Mental habit isn't really the same thing... I'm trying to think how to put it. You don't need it, but you still want it, as in, it wouldn't kill you not to have it but you still wouldn't mind the feeling of having it.

For a pretty lame example, i bite my nails- i don't need to bite my nails, and yet i still do. It's just a habit.