Rant Thread III

thebrowncoat

on the native language bit, something thats always irked me is people thinking that because i speak spanish that i'd be great at it. i mean yeas i do well, but do i have to practice and can i be a hell of a lot better? fuck yea.

but i hate getting..."but youre spanish, it should be easy for you" first off, im not spanish, im hispanic, my parents are from latin america not from spain. second so what that i can speak it well, but when it comes to writing it and making sure im in the "proper" tense and have the correct accents on letters....that shits hard!

haha i know, i just mean like... i'm a really good english student. i received a really high score on my writing SAT. i want to go to a liberal arts school. and i'm not being adequately prepared. you don't even know how much i hate this bimbo. lol

i doubt you would want to be chillin with me at the moment.

well theres not much i can do to stop what you did right?

haha i know, i just mean like... i'm a really good english student. i received a really high score on my writing SAT. i want to go to a liberal arts school. and i'm not being adequately prepared. you don't even know how much i hate this bimbo. lol

oh i feel ya, personally ive never really been good at writing but my english teacher this year for AP lit has really helped me. and about not being prepared for college, youre preaching to the fuckin choir here, i can honestly count on one hand the number of good teachers i have had in the six years ive gone to my school.

oh i feel ya, personally ive never really been good at writing but my english teacher this year for AP lit has really helped me. and about not being prepared for college, youre preaching to the fuckin choir here, i can honestly count on one hand the number of good teachers i have had in the six years ive gone to my school.

oh dude, i can count on like five hands. which is why i'm pretty baffled that this is the best my school has to offer. this is when i should be having my best english teachers, not my worst.

oh dude, i can count on like five hands. which is why i'm pretty baffled that this is the best my school has to offer. this is when i should be having my best english teachers, not my worst.

oh truth, ap lit or language?

depending on what ive taken, hyper, chilled, concentrated, lazy, monged.

i didnt mean like that, i meant how do you feel about taking the drugs...are you proud of it? do wish it couldve been something else?

well theres not much i can do to stop what you did right?

so apparently AP english teachers just suck. well i guess not yours. my teacher is awesome as a person, but when it comes to class, we don't really do that much and it bothers me. especially when we have to write essays and basically ALL of the comments written on there are "vague" and/or "awk" (awkward) or sometimes just "unclear." none of the comments are all that helpful, i could be a better writer if i just edited it myself. and it's always the crap about i didn't edit it, did i? i would if i had any motivation in that class, but i don't.

on the other hand, my AP bio class sucks as well, because i signed up to take the ap exam just for the hell of it, to see where i am in relation to where i should be after taking this class, and i am expecting to do poorly, because the standards in this class are just not up there. and i feel we didn't get through enough material. at one point my teacher acted like she was gonna have everything actually scheduled, as in when we got through what material and when we took tests, like a test every week the same day. and guess what happened then? that plan went out the window.

i could deal with it in Latin, because it's Latin. but Bio and English . . . i just don't see any place for taking it all that leisurely if i'm supposed to be going into college. i'm not bad at science or at English (i'm pretty good at writing, as well) but it's just frustrating when you're taking a class that is supposed to be an ACTUAL challenge, but it's not at all, but you still don't get the grades you should (this really only happens in my English class, but i can really only blame myself for it, because i'm so unmotivated it's not even funny. it also helps that i think my teacher just likes to give me the high B grades on essays/papers. freakin lame.

oh and about being able to count the number of good teachers you have had on one hand, i can totally relate. there are only a few i can say i really learned something from that i will actually remember for probably the rest of my life.

two "s"'s at the end baby. SOAPSS

i took that last year, got a 4, hella proud seeing as during the year the highest i got on practice tests were a low 2.

what's the last "S" for you?

and wow, i thought this was just some dumbass acronym my teacher made up. either way, it's a dumbass acronym.

i can go without, i do it all the time, when im skint.

ok then, so why do you do it then?

so apparently AP english teachers just suck. well i guess not yours. my teacher is awesome as a person, but when it comes to class, we don't really do that much and it bothers me. especially when we have to write essays and basically ALL of the comments written on there are "vague" and/or "awk" (awkward) or sometimes just "unclear." none of the comments are all that helpful, i could be a better writer if i just edited it myself. and it's always the crap about i didn't edit it, did i? i would if i had any motivation in that class, but i don't.

on the other hand, my AP bio class sucks as well, because i signed up to take the ap exam just for the hell of it, to see where i am in relation to where i should be after taking this class, and i am expecting to do poorly, because the standards in this class are just not up there. and i feel we didn't get through enough material. at one point my teacher acted like she was gonna have everything actually scheduled, as in when we got through what material and when we took tests, like a test every week the same day. and guess what happened then? that plan went out the window.

i could deal with it in Latin, because it's Latin. but Bio and English . . . i just don't see any place for taking it all that leisurely if i'm supposed to be going into college. i'm not bad at science or at English (i'm pretty good at writing, as well) but it's just frustrating when you're taking a class that is supposed to be an ACTUAL challenge, but it's not at all, but you still don't get the grades you should (this really only happens in my English class, but i can really only blame myself for it, because i'm so unmotivated it's not even funny. it also helps that i think my teacher just likes to give me the high B grades on essays/papers. freakin lame.

oh and about being able to count the number of good teachers you have had on one hand, i can totally relate. there are only a few i can say i really learned something from that i will actually remember for probably the rest of my life.

oh i feel ya too. this is the first really good english teacher thats helped. she makes us during our free periods come and sit RIGHT NEXT to her while she grades our essays and let me tell you, its the scariest shit ever when shes grading right in front of you haha.

and in the scheduling...my ap psych class is total shit. we spent 2 fucking months on the prologue! and now we're doing like a chapter every 3 days which is total shit. ive passed maybe 2 of the last 4 tests, completely overwhelmed...im taking four ap tests my senior year, what the fuck i was thinking last year when i chose classes i have no fucking clue haha

so i'm back now.

i just read everything i've missed since i went to dinner.

i dont feel like saying what i agree with from each person. so i'm going to state my side here.

[[[and with the computer block, some words dont come up. so i'll have to type d.rugs as drgs. so, sorry about that]]]

personally, i'm completely against drgs. i hate to see or hear about people taking them. it can just ruin your life. depending on what you use, you ruin your kidneys, liver, and lungs, if not more. you can hurt those who love and care about you. it fxcks with your mind. you also waste alot of money for the crap when you could just as easily be using it for something more important. [and the money isnt the main issue here, just a factor.]

you can ruin your life by doing that crap. you could end up getting yourself killled by doing that, whether or not it is on purpose. i dont care if you know your limits or not, accidents can happen. and in some cases, do happen. seriously, think about your future. do you want to be living on the streets as a drg addict b/c you spend all your money on drgs? not even having a job?

and i've seen people on drgs and how much it messes them up, messes up their familes, how they lose their relationships with their friends, its terrible.

and as far as the alcohol goes. i'm not against that like i am drgs. i say if you want to drink, go for it. i've never been drunk but i've had drinks before. but dont go off and get drunk all the time just for the hell of it. my grandmom is an alcoholic, and i dont have to deal with it as much as catie does w/ her father, but i know what its like to an extent. its horrible. and becoming an alcoholic can also mess up your life and relationships with people.

that was basically a little rant there. idk how much made sense, if i conveyd my thoughts the way i wanted to, or if i said everything i intended on. but thats it for now.

subject

occasion

audience

purpose

style

speaker again

i never really understood it to be honest

ooh. we have it kinda like "SOAPSTone," so no style, but we have to identify the tone. i swear, this is the only thing my class has boiled down to all year. it's so stupid.

alright, enough ranting. i must study. :)