MISS OLD PARAMORE

i did like when hayley played the keyboard at that Anaheim show i dont think she ever plays the keyboard at shows anymore but i wouldnt know cause i havent seen em live yet :(

they bought them back on their most recent tour..but the only thing i dont like really is they dont play most of their older songs...like i know they still play some but its usually just the crowd favorites like emerceny pressure my heart never let this go...ect. i wish they would have played whoa and conspiracy..they are two of my absolute favorites off of "AWKIF"

i still love them just the same, i guess you're comparing the old and new paramore on the two albums, awkif is the kind of album you can rock your heart out to and riot kinda souds poppy. and i guess that's the reason why you guys say that its old/new paramore. their styles changed but their human, we also change our styles as we mature.but i'm pretty sure they're still the same people we knew and love since awkif. and they still love us.

and from an interview by pf.com [to people who are thinking that they are sell outs]

PF.com: You have to deal with alot of cricistism but not only from critics but from long term fans, how does it feel when they call you 'sell outs' and stuff?

Josh: It upsets us sometimes cause we... don't feel like we are selling out and we feel like they want to just keep us in a box. There are some bands that say no to MTV and no to alot of big things, but our band is selective about those things, but like we also need to be sucessful y'know? Thats the only way we can continue on.

Hayley: It's just fun too

Josh: It's not about like, we'll never sell out. Selling out to me is more like having people write songs for you, basically do everything for you, you just.. you know what I'm saying?

Hayley: Anything that makes them just... yknow...

PF.com: Turn into Divas?

Hayley: Yeah! (laughs) We just like... all the stuff we've done with MTV, even radio everythings been... has happened really organically.... and MTV has shown us so much support and the reason we're on TRL is cause you guys like voted for us. It's all been so much fun, all the skits we did for MTV, we had a blast doing that.

i wanna say yes but i feel selfish because this is what they wants and they want to grow as a band. i also feel slefish because i dnt wanna share them lol.

so idk yes i think.... but the new paramore is cool too!

i love old and new paramore. the only thing i'm worried about is the fact that they're all over mtv and there are all these posers going crazy over them. oh my god i love misery business! or crushcrushcrush! and they don't know any other songs or that they had another album. it's so annoying.

LOL.

I bet you guys think that of me? I found out about them from MTV. :P

But I also heard Let the Flames Begin, That's What You Get, For a Pessimist I'm Pretty Optimistic, Pressure and Emergency.

So, I, unlike some people I know, know about AWKIF. :P

Someone in the secrets thread made a big fuss about how they've "changed", though...

• 2 weeks later...

wow, people can be selfish. Grow up.

Bands grow, they get more successful, more people hear them, and they get new fans. paramore is not your band. you should just be happy for them. It should just be about the music anyway, what does it matter if someone else likes or dislikes it?

And Lara is a perfect example, she found Paramore through MTV. is it her fault that paramore have not crossed her path before? No, it isn't.

What is awkif?

Anyways, yes, thats what singles and commericla tours or whatever do, they generate fans like me, I wasn there since day one, But i dig some stuff on all we know is falling

Anyways, whats awkif?

EDIT:

I totally agree with the above poster.

No, I don't. I never miss the 'old' version of anyone I like, because change is good. No matter how much I adore All We Know Is Falling, I'm glad Riot is different.

Kind of on the same subject;

I think it's funny how when a band or singer isn't that well known, the fans work so hard to promote them. Call radio stations, e-mail tv stations and magazines, tell everyone about them, etc. Yet when they finally do get popular, the original fans are upset. It really makes no sense to me. Yes, it's an awesome feeling when there's that one band that no one knows about but you and maybe 500 other people. But part of being a fan is supporting them no matter what. So what if people find out about them from MTV? They are finally getting the promotion they've deserved since 2005.

i don't like how difficult their gigs are now.. due to the bigger crowds.

i was thinking that the other night, i was remembering how small some of tha places i'd seen them and then thinking about how huge the places they are playing now and how mental the crowds are!

i guess i do probely prefer AWKIF but i do love riot, but i guess i like them both for different reasons.

i dont think paramore have changed themselves just now they are bigger so things are different.its good for them how they are now cause they do deserve it!

No, I don't. I never miss the 'old' version of anyone I like, because change is good. No matter how much I adore All We Know Is Falling, I'm glad Riot is different.

Kind of on the same subject;

I think it's funny how when a band or singer isn't that well known, the fans work so hard to promote them. Call radio stations, e-mail tv stations and magazines, tell everyone about them, etc. Yet when they finally do get popular, the original fans are upset. It really makes no sense to me. Yes, it's an awesome feeling when there's that one band that no one knows about but you and maybe 500 other people. But part of being a fan is supporting them no matter what. So what if people find out about them from MTV? They are finally getting the promotion they've deserved since 2005.

I totally agree. That's what I always try to explain to people.

I mean, I haven't been a fan since the VERY beginning, but I have been for about a couple of years... I think it's great that they're getting bigger, even if it is 'through MTV'.

I'm sure Paramore is happy, so why all this hate. the people that it bugs soooo much that they become so agitated about it just need to simmer down a bit haha

uxcuse me everyone, now i dont know how accurate it is, but look at all your join dates most of them are 2007 and even lots of 2008s! how can you truley post anything in a thread about "missing the old paramore" when it clearly says that next to your name....now that is kind of a generalization because i know computer issues happen and people have to re-join...but the evidence is too overwelming....ive been a fan since the end of 2005, and joined this board in early 06.

Thank you Richard, it isn't my fault I didn't find out about Paramore before-hand.

I would have loved to, though! I love AWKIF just as much as Riot! I can't change the fact that I've been a fan since the release of crushcrushcrush, but that's only because that's when I found out about them in the first place!

One of my friends got AWKIF that month (yes, 2007!), told me "Paramore rock!!!!!" , so I Googled them, MTV was the first link (I googled paramore videos), so I watched, liked their music, and told them "Get the album Riot! too, nice music on there!"

....ended up liking their music a LOT, so I thought I'd find out all about them through here.(this website, paramorefans.com)

After a short while, I thought I'd join the boards and discuss things with other Paramore fans, and as I'm an avid graphic maker, I wanted to share my work, too.

That's more or less the story... :P

uxcuse me everyone, now i dont know how accurate it is, but look at all your join dates most of them are 2007 and even lots of 2008s! how can you truley post anything in a thread about "missing the old paramore" when it clearly says that next to your name....now that is kind of a generalization because i know computer issues happen and people have to re-join...but the evidence is too overwelming....ive been a fan since the end of 2005, and joined this board in early 06.

well you've only posted 19 times so that doesn't say much. i joined last october but i've been a fan since long before that. i just never saw this site. so chill.

Well the thing is, not everyone has seen this website since then. So that's not an accurate guess as to who has been a fan since 2005 and who hasn't...

You can't base your evidence on join dates for a forum. That's silly. =p