full show audio

simpson

I would have to disagree too

It's really hard to hear yourself sometimes and to be able to move around and have such a good stage presence anddd sound perfect at the same time... I can only think of 1 or 2 people who can do that.Sure she's probbaly had better performances but someone can't sound perfect every night when you're touring for months straight.

That's a good point - since Hayley doesn't wear earpiece monitors yet, she's dependent on the stage monitor speakers to hear her voice...and there's no telling how good they are in any given club.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly..I'm not trying to be mean or anything..but how many of you have had professional music training? How many of you can distinguish between notes by ear?

I'm not saying I'm better than you.. not at all.. But I do know what I'm talking about. People with no musical training can't really tell flats from sharps and bad singing, that's why they have "SOOO" many good comments on their myspace. Plus, there is such a thing as sucking up to the band. I really don't trust the people who comment on band myspaces. Most of the time they're only trying to promote themselves or their band.

As for "straining her voice night after night", if she's properly stretching her voice before AND after a show, then she should have a perfectly healthy sound every night.

It's kind of unfair to say that people shouldn't sound like their albums. That would be kind of false advertising, wouldn't it? I mean..you buy the album because you like the recordings..and you go to shows to hear what you heard on the album.

Well-practiced musicians will sound just like the recordings. When I went to see Heart live, Ann Wilson's voice sounded just as amazing as the CD's, and it definitely wasn't lip-syncing to a track either. Also, Chiodos, (though rumors surround them and they are kind of jerks) I can't deny that they sound awesome live.

I'm not saying that Paramore isn't awesome, and I'm not trying to offend any of you AT ALL, so please don't take this reply the wrong way, but I just think Paramore (not just Hayley..the problem isn't just Hayley) should take a month or two off tour and really evaluate and practice their music before going out and sounding half-assed. A lot of the songs are played double-time, which is also probably why Hayley doesn't sound so great sometimes. You subconsciously write a song with pauses (to catch your breath in between lyrics) and when the song is sped up as in double-time, then it hardly gives you time to prepare for the next line. I try to be as fair as possible with these statements. I've seen Hayley sing like an angel..sounded very nearly like the album (with neat little added quirks to some songs), and I've heard some disappointing sets. I've heard a Josh forget to come in..but I've heard him right on the money, too. They're a GREAT band, but I think they could do better live. Anyway..on with my critics.

Also, it would be nice if Hayley learned how to use her mic, instead of pulling it away from her face before she's finished singing a line. She does it often and it really takes away from her performance. I understand that it's hard to sing properly and still have great stage presence, but it's really not THAT difficult if you PRACTICE at it. And anyway..I'd rather hear good music and see mediocre presentation than the other way around. After all..they're making a living creating MUSIC, not looking cool on a stage.

Also..I'm not saying that this is their fault..but they should do a piece of every song at the sound check to make sure the levels are right. It looks unprofessional (though it needs to be done, kudos to them for doing it) to have to fix the levels in the middle of a show. Not enough time to do a bit of all the songs on the set? Come early. These kids are musicians, we buy their merch, support their albums, come to their shows, we expect them to do their best to be good.

I'm not even going to get into anything else.

I think this is my final response to this topic. Thank you guys so much for reading and respecting my opinions. I actually didn't expect that, so thanks again.

And again..this was not meant to steam anyone's kettle if you know what I mean, so don't get offended if something came out wrong. We're all friends here. :)

Peace Paramore fans.

Honestly..I'm not trying to be mean or anything..but how many of you have had professional music training? How many of you can distinguish between notes by ear?

I'm not saying I'm better than you.. not at all.. But I do know what I'm talking about. People with no musical training can't really tell flats from sharps and bad singing' date=' that's why they have "SOOO" many good comments on their myspace. Plus, there is such a thing as sucking up to the band. I really don't trust the people who comment on band myspaces. Most of the time they're only trying to promote themselves or their band.

As for "straining her voice night after night", if she's properly stretching her voice before AND after a show, then she should have a perfectly healthy sound every night.

It's kind of unfair to say that people shouldn't sound like their albums. That would be kind of false advertising, wouldn't it? I mean..you buy the album because you like the recordings..and you go to shows to hear what you heard on the album.

Well-practiced musicians will sound just like the recordings. When I went to see Heart live, Ann Wilson's voice sounded just as amazing as the CD's, and it definitely wasn't lip-syncing to a track either. Also, Chiodos, (though rumors surround them and they are kind of jerks) I can't deny that they sound awesome live.

I'm not saying that Paramore isn't awesome, and I'm not trying to offend any of you AT ALL, so please don't take this reply the wrong way, but I just think Paramore (not just Hayley..the problem isn't just Hayley) should take a month or two off tour and really evaluate and practice their music before going out and sounding half-assed. A lot of the songs are played double-time, which is also probably why Hayley doesn't sound so great sometimes. You subconsciously write a song with pauses (to catch your breath in between lyrics) and when the song is sped up as in double-time, then it hardly gives you time to prepare for the next line. I try to be as fair as possible with these statements. I've seen Hayley sing like an angel..sounded very nearly like the album (with neat little added quirks to some songs), and I've heard some disappointing sets. I've heard a Josh forget to come in..but I've heard him right on the money, too. They're a GREAT band, but I think they could do better live. Anyway..on with my critics.

Also, it would be nice if Hayley learned how to use her mic, instead of pulling it away from her face before she's finished singing a line. She does it often and it really takes away from her performance. I understand that it's hard to sing properly and still have great stage presence, but it's really not THAT difficult if you PRACTICE at it. And anyway..I'd rather hear good music and see mediocre presentation than the other way around. After all..they're making a living creating MUSIC, not looking cool on a stage.

Also..I'm not saying that this is their fault..but they should do a piece of every song at the sound check to make sure the levels are right. It looks unprofessional (though it needs to be done, kudos to them for doing it) to have to fix the levels in the middle of a show. Not enough time to do a bit of all the songs on the set? Come early. These kids are musicians, we buy their merch, support their albums, come to their shows, we expect them to do their best to be good.

I'm not even going to get into anything else.

I think this is my final response to this topic. Thank you guys so much for reading and respecting my opinions. I actually didn't expect that, so thanks again.

And again..this was not meant to steam anyone's kettle if you know what I mean, so don't get offended if something came out wrong. We're all friends here. :)

Peace Paramore fans.[/quote']

=\

Paramore is amazing as they are right now..

And I don't really mind if they mess up or not once in a while.

Everyone has their own definition of a "great" or "amazing" show.

So I respect your opinion

But don't expect others to..

People come here because they love them.

Yeah, I guess a lot of people can't handle hearing an opinion different from their own. I really appreciate you guys being respectful though. Right on.

I have no problem with your opinion - I don't happen to agree with parts of it, but you're certainly welcome here and welcome to express it :)

Yeah' date=' I guess a lot of people can't handle hearing an opinion different from their own. I really appreciate you guys being respectful though. Right on.[/quote']

I have no problem with your opinion - I don't happen to agree with parts of it, but you're certainly welcome here and welcome to express it :)

only on paramorefans...

hahaha wow. atleast you have the decency to tell us your opinion without telling anyone off...some people...god damn. okay i'm over it and no one has any idea what i'm talking about

Yeah' date=' I guess a lot of people can't handle hearing an opinion different from their own. I really appreciate you guys being respectful though. Right on.[/quote']

only on paramorefans...

hahaha wow. atleast you have the decency to tell us your opinion without telling anyone off...some people...god damn. okay i'm over it and no one has any idea what i'm talking about

If people have well-expressed criticisms that they want to post here, I think that's fine...a good debate is always interesting and fun - we don't all have to agree on everything. As long as it's not just flaming the band or other people and it's constructive discussion, then I think it's a good thing.

we're a happy bunch

I bet you this is the only message board where there is not one person (okay well there has been 1 or 2 in resent history i can think of) who is disrespectful to other people's opinions

that is why we rock

=)