The Book Thread: What are you reading?

thebrowncoat

Fight Club

House Of Leaves

The Chrysalids (for school)

I'm basically finished House Of Leaves... At least the confusing parts. I just have the last little bit like the poems and stuff. If you never read it go get it NOW!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finishing up This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald. It's a spectacular book indeed and I am upset that I must have to end it today. I want to go and purchase some more of Fitzgerald's books.

After this piece, I'm starting House on Mango Street.

The more I read of House On Mango Street, the more I find myself disliking it. It's not well-written and doesn't follow a specific path. I understand it's about a young girl growing up on an undesirable part of town, but shouldn't it follow some sort of guideline rather than skipping and hopping to different events for one-paragraph chapters?

I can't wait to buy another F. Scott Fitzgerald novel. I'm looking to do so quite soon. I just received forty buckeroonies for babysitting so I'm looking to go on a little bit of a book and CD spree.