My sister ran away from home.....

CaughtInTheRiot

I'm not going into the specifics.

We were able to get in contact with her. She said she would check in ever hour. We havent heard from her in 8 hours.

I'm worried sick.

I've already thrown up.

I might argue with her, but we are teenagers...it's what we do.

I love her....

I never did realize how much I would miss having her around here....

• Like 1

She is a teenager, and sadly, some teenagers do stupid things like this. She will come back. This is just a scare tactic or a rebellion thing; she will soon realize that she misses having a roof over her head and loves you guys.

My sister did this stuff all the time and I would always worry myself ill as well. She finally did it enough to the point where I learned she will always come back and that it is just a stupid teenager thing. Only thing is that she never said she would call in every hour; she would just leave and not come back until the next day.

Everything is going to be okay. She will be back. Have you tried calling her friends? Usually runaway teenagers go to a friend's house.

You and your family are in my prayers.

• Like 1

She is a teenager, and sadly, some teenagers do stupid things like this. She will come back. This is just a scare tactic or a rebellion thing; she will soon realize that she misses having a roof over her head and loves you guys.

Everything is going to be okay. She will be back. Have you tried calling her friends? Usually runaway teenagers go to a friend's house.

You and your family are in my prayers.

agreed

100%

(:

just keep positive

• Like 1

This will hopefully answer all the questions.

Shes 18 years old.

She drove to WISCONSIN!

To meet some guy who she met on the internet...

She told us she will come back when she wants to.

My mom and dad are strongly considering not letting her come back because she is 18.

She called earlier today and told us she drove for 22 straight hours (1200 miles) from Orlando to there, after telling my parents she was getting a hotel at about 6:00 PM yesterday. She arrived there at 3:30 AM this morning.

She is still bitching at my parents every single time they talk, telling them it is their fault, which it obviously isn't, in my eyes.

Thanks for the support guys...

but I don't know if she will ever come back...

Shes 18 years old.

She drove to WISCONSIN!

My mom and dad are strongly considering not letting her come back because she is 18.

She called earlier today and told us she drove for 22 straight hours (1200 miles) from Orlando to there, after telling my parents she was getting a hotel at about 6:00 PM yesterday. She arrived there at 3:30 AM this morning.

She is still bitching at my parents every single time they talk, telling them it is their fault, which it obviously isn't, in my eyes.

oh jeezz, im so sorry. i thought she was like 10 or something. at least she can try to take care of herself. have you tried talking to her?

Shes 18 years old.

She drove to WISCONSIN!

Ah, so now that she is eighteen she has that freedom itch, I see. Eighteen can be a harsh age for some. They feel as though they have all the freedom in the world, not knowing there are consequences to their actions.

This will soon come to an end and she will realize her decision was absolutely stupid. Of course she is going to blame your parents, that is how it goes: it's never her fault, she is always in the right, and parents are only around to make her feel miserable. I can pretty much promise you she will grow out of this.

I can relate to you because my sister did a lot of things like this for years; some things I do not want to mention, but just trust me when I say they were bad. So from one younger sibling with a troubled older sister to another younger sibling with a troubled older sister, I can assure you that this phase will end.

She is eighteen now and will make her own choices. She must be wanting to be treated as an adult, correct? Well, if she wants to be treated as an adult, she will have to take the blame as an adult and not try to pin it on your parents.

Ah, so now that she is eighteen she has that freedom itch, I see. Eighteen can be a harsh age for some. They feel as though they have all the freedom in the world, not knowing there are consequences to their actions.

This will soon come to an end and she will realize her decision was absolutely stupid. Of course she is going to blame your parents, that is how it goes: it's never her fault, she is always in the right, and parents are only around to make her feel miserable. I can pretty much promise you she will grow out of this.

I can relate to you because my sister did a lot of things like this for years; some things I do not want to mention, but just trust me when I say they were bad. So from one younger sibling with a troubled older sister to another younger sibling with a troubled older sister, I can assure you that this phase will end.

She is eighteen now and will make her own choices. She must be wanting to be treated as an adult, correct? Well, if she wants to be treated as an adult, she will have to take the blame as an adult and not try to pin it on your parents.

true.

but while she isn't in the 'i now realize my mistakes' phase yet, all we can do now is pray. God bless you and your family, kyle

• Like 1

She didn't come back today. This pretty much means that my parents aren't going to allow her back in the house. My mother and I will fly up there next week (my spring break) and drive the car back down here. She's gone.

..........I don't have much else to say. I will update this again if anything new happens.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Sorry to say this, but what is it with teenage girls and guys they meet on the internet?! Why?? Just, why...

look at all the grief they give their families :(

I'm so sorry, Kyle.

Yes, please do update, let us know how everything goes.

Don't want to sound mean, but she needs a good telling you off for making you guys feel this way. I hope you let her know how angry/upset you've felt. Or, at the least, how worried you've been.

Be glad she didn't fly off to another country entirely. I've heard of that on the news. Some girl, she flew from the USA to Jordan. *shakes her head*

hug x 1000. :hug:

Plus, I honestly do not see why she has to lay ANY SORT OF BLAME, AT ALL, on your parents. It was her decision and her decision only and entirely, to talk to some guy on the internet and go off and meet him.

To say it's the parents' fault is just incredibly stupid.