VersaEmerge

PlzSpeakSoftly

megan when i go on my other computer ill send some stuff

so im thinking of making a VE fan myspace. but i dont know or have the availability to make any graphics so idk if i will but i really wanna make one

Yep! I did. It rained hardly a lot and there were a lot of bands that weren't too good in my opinion, so you didn't miss much. :P

Versa made up for it though! I thought Ocean Is Theory were good! I'm planning on seeing them at Warped. :D What does your friend do in the band?

Yay! I'm glad you like them!

I'm actually well aquatinted with all of them... Josh, Clay, Nick, and Kevin. They played a show at my church a few years ago and ever since then they've basically played all their shows at my church when they're in the area. They did their CD Release at my church and everything. I'm actually really good friend's with the drummer Clay's girlfriend.

Its just like, the Marietta scene is really like tight knit, and since I run a venue in the area I know them pretty well. They're awesome guys. Please check them out at Warped. I'll definitely be watching so maybe I'll see you.

You really don't know how labels work do you? It's not like they just hand bands money as they please. I'm willing to bet they signed VE to a 360 deal too.

No, not really, I realise they don't just give them the money, and they give them money to make the album, they make it, give it to FBR and they send it out, that's about my knowledge. And I have no idea what that means

No, not really, I realise they don't just give them the money, and they give them money to make the album, they make it, give it to FBR and they send it out, that's about my knowledge. And I have no idea what that means

Where's Trevor when you need him?

But yeah, that's the basics of it. The label's give bands an advance to do shit with and the bands rarely earn enough through album sales to cover the advance. Which is my bands place importance on merch sales, tickets etc. Unfortunately, a 360 deal (which literally everyone on FBR has) means the label takes a share of merchandising and tour money in return for pushing the band more and taking more of an interest in them.

Trevor can correct me.

(were the instruments in the van when it was broken into, it would be way more than $5,000 if they were surely?? That is what they were asking right?)

So there's no circumstances in which a record label would help out a band?

EDIT - ok, seems cheeky to ask fans to replace items such as "ipods, laptops and other irreplaceable items" :nono:

(were the instruments in the van when it was broken into, it would be way more than $5,000 if they were surely?? That is what they were asking right?)

So there's no circumstances in which a record label would help out a band?

I think it was just recording equip. and laptops.

Not sure if instruments were in there.

I doubt the record label would help out if a band gets robbed.