kerrang

luca19

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Sells magazines.

Hit the nail right on the head.

At the start of each financial year Kerrang! get a basic list of bands (10-20 bands) various record labels want them to promote and basically if they don't get the money they want in order to promote the band (or not enough) they take out their frustrations on the band in the magazine.

I had a mate who worked for Kerrang! a while ago who used to show me the lists :rotfl:

The last one I saw had MCR, Avenge Sevenfold and co :rotfl:

The best one before that was Linkin Park haha and the very next week Kerrang! had Linkin Park all over it and for months later.

I take it those bands on the lists are the ones which are on the cover more often than not then?

I take it those bands on the lists are the ones which are on the cover more often than not then?

Yup and it's like anything the more cover space you want and the more positive reviews your after the more money and perks you have to give to the magazine and it's reviews.

Which people have started to realize and is why Kerrang! only appeals to kids now.

Yup and it's like anything the more cover space you want and the more positive reviews your after the more money and perks you have to give to the magazine and it's reviews.

Which people have started to realize and is why Kerrang! only appeals to kids now.

Like the more advertisements you put in the magazine, the better the reviews you will get?

Kerrang ftl!

Like the more advertisements you put in the magazine, the better the reviews you will get?

Kerrang ftl!

Yeah or if you pay for a reviewer to come to a venue free of charge and put them up in hotels and such you well get a great review the next week.

Kerrang! is bad but the NME is so much worse.

Yeah or if you pay for a reviewer to come to a venue free of charge and put them up in hotels and such you well get a great review the next week.

Kerrang! is bad but the NME is so much worse.

Well, now I know what I'm doing if I want to make my band a success :P

LOLOL

Okay.

2 K's!? Like what the actually hell?

Yet the caption is: "The G-Force on stage was incredible."

I really don't like Kerrang! Even if I do buy it weekly, but I hate how they always bring the band down.

Especially on the interview over the new Riot album. "Hayley bossily pointed at what she wanted" or something like that.

They also wrote in the UK Kerrang Give it a Name review that Hayley done a crowd surf and that she spent most of the time "prying sweaty hands off her breasts." When she said in an interview/or even an LJ post? Can't remember... But she said it was all a lie, and that she wished she had the guts to.

>.>

iSLAPkerrang!