Paramore=Babyshambles

Paramore's dyed, flat ironed hair is no different from Babyshambles' "I can't be bothered to comb or style my hair" look.

well tom gabel of against me! seems to think so http://ifeelsicktomystomach.blogspot.com/

hope no one takes this wrongly

and for those who don't know babyshambles, its pete doherty's band

"Paramore have their printed out set list and each member (guaranteed) does the exact same move, at the exact same time, in the exact same spot on stage each night."

It saddens me to say this is exactly true. Saw them two nights in a row back in May and the only difference was a slightly longer set. Her talks to the crowd were pretty much the same both nights. The guys guitar movements were as near to identical as you could get.

But I'd much rather have a band put on a show like that which is spot on each and every night than the Babyshambles piss-poor "effort" at showmanship.

I've never heard of babyshambles, I've heard of pete doherty but no one ever seemed to mention his band, they always mention hes a drunk though.

I dont understand how he can say paramore plan everything out and babyshambles doesnt but theres no difference.

and how does someone plan spontaneity?

I've never heard of babyshambles, I've heard of pete doherty but no one ever seemed to mention his band, they always mention hes a drunk though.

I dont understand how he can say paramore plan everything out and babyshambles doesnt but theres no difference.

and how does someone plan spontaneity?

lol agreed.

oxymoron?

haha

By saying they're the same he means they both care about their "appearence" I guess for lack of a better term. The Babyshambles put on the "I don't care about anything" act whereas Paramore put out a well rehearsed same thing night after night act. It's the same idea, just a completely different ends of the scale.

To say they're putting on an act, is not bad thing...If being comfortable and confident in what they're doing works for Paramore, all the power to them.

I do agree with him on some things.. ESPECIALLY the hayley talking parts.

Would it kill her to bring a little originality into each show? Give the crowd something special to remember.. make them feel like their show was different. When they go home and watch paramore videos on youtube and realize that hayley said the exact same thing the next night, the fans are going to feel slightly cheated. Am I wrong? It's what happened to me.

I'm all for consistency but allowing it to become so routine is sort of a cop-out.

I still love tho :)

One reason why there's "Hayley talks" moments is that it's the time to change a guitar/bass, and it has to be plugged. It would be silly if she would just stand there doing nothing.

"I'm going to shut up for a minute, Josh changes his guitar and tech peeps need time to handle that. Lets all just stand here."

O___o

When they go home and watch paramore videos on youtube and realize that hayley said the exact same thing the next night, the fans are going to feel slightly cheated. Am I wrong? It's what happened to me.

Happened to me. Saw them in Sheffield on the 11th and Glasgow on the 12th and got essentially the exact same set both nights.

Not complaining though, better than not getting any set at all!

^thing about glasgow was, they played songs they dont tend to play, i.e miracle, stop this song - and even my heart hadnt made an appearance for a while.

plus, think how much sets differed on the riot tour over here this year, nightly.

also, im sure the banter bits have to stay the same from time to time. what if hayley isnt getting much of a vibe from a crowd? she has to say something, yeah?!

but, of coarse theres nights when theres plenty things to spout on the spur of the moment - like when the keyboard wasnt working at the glasgow gig.

I THINK WE'RE JUST GONNA HAVE TO DO THE SONG WITHOUT IT? OKAY, LETS ALL JUST STALL. OOOH ITS TURNING ON. THATS A GOOD SIGN. HERE WE GO.

lmao.

but on a whole, i doubt its JUST paramore who go by these rules. im sure even if you were to follow a band on a whole tour, each show would be different in its own way - even if they did say the same thing now and again.

I think Miracle and Stop This Song were songs they played on this "phase" of the UK tour, and they planned it that way. You look at the first part of the UK tour and it was different to these past few UK gigs, and then these recent ones have been pretty much identical to each other. Decoy was played on the first part of the tour and it wasn't on the latter part. It goes to show that the band like to mix it up slighty, giving each fan the same experience but with a different twist.

I don't think Paramore are a band to mix it up nightly, like Brand New for instance. But they do mix it up from tour to tour. Keep it fresh.

I think Miracle and Stop This Song were songs they played on this "phase" of the UK tour, and they planned it that way. You look at the first part of the UK tour and it was different to these past few UK gigs, and then these recent ones have been pretty much identical to each other. Decoy was played on the first part of the tour and it wasn't on the latter part. It goes to show that the band like to mix it up slighty, giving each fan the same experience but with a different twist.

I don't think Paramore are a band to mix it up nightly, like Brand New for instance. But they do mix it up from tour to tour. Keep it fresh.

yeah brand new mixed up their set a lot, When i seen em they closed with 70 x 7 right outta the blue, it was the best night of my life and then i found out that my city was the only city they played it in and that made it even better

I do agree with him on some things.. ESPECIALLY the hayley talking parts.

Would it kill her to bring a little originality into each show? Give the crowd something special to remember.. make them feel like their show was different. When they go home and watch paramore videos on youtube and realize that hayley said the exact same thing the next night, the fans are going to feel slightly cheated. Am I wrong? It's what happened to me.

I'm all for consistency but allowing it to become so routine is sort of a cop-out.

I still love tho :)

same here

Babyshambles?

Bit of a random band to compare them to, isn't it? It isn't even the same genre. :nono:

that was the point

yeah brand new mixed up their set a lot, When i seen em they closed with 70 x 7 right outta the blue, it was the best night of my life and then i found out that my city was the only city they played it in and that made it even better

Their last UK tour, they played more YFW at the start of the tour and less TDAG. Then as the tour progressed less YFW was played and more TDAG was played. Deja was played pretty much in it's entirety every night.

Brand New are a band with a large repetoir of songs and are a band who aren't afraid to mix it up. I get the feeling that Paramore could develop into one of those bands within the next album or so.

Their last UK tour, they played more YFW at the start of the tour and less TDAG. Then as the tour progressed less YFW was played and more TDAG was played. Deja was played pretty much in it's entirety every night.

Brand New are a band with a large repetoir of songs and are a band who aren't afraid to mix it up. I get the feeling that Paramore could develop into one of those bands within the next album or so.

thats cool, i wish they woulda played more deja and yfw on the us tour. they played tdag in entirety played like 4 songs from deja and one song from yfw. it was still awesome though

I wouldn't expect to hear much YFW from this point in. Since TDAG they have pretty much phased it out and with a new album on the horizon I doubt they'll bring it back. Deja will probably get reduced set time aswell. Unfortunately.

I'm thakful to see Brand New live at all in the UK. Haven't toured in over a year here and won't be back over till February/March at the earliest.

"After the show we somehow ended up with a copy of their computer printed set list. The breaks for Haley to talk to the audience were planned into the set. Three songs - Haley Speaks - two songs - Haley speaks - two songs - Haley Speaks - two songs - Haley speaks - last song. The whole thing is an act, a well rehearsed, well thought out performance."

this is so true. i agree with you guys, and i still love paramore !

i mean, we're not supposed to know that she repeats herself every night, but for those who see them every night, it is sure always the same!