The worst Band/Singer you've seen live?

RenegadeRoss

I do like music Alex I just tend to hate going to gigs :rotfl:

But it's part of my job and when I was younger I did enjoy it and expected so much from the bands I attended but they never delivered :roll:

Metallica were great live and Guns N Roses back in the day and Paramore were ok Bloodhound Gang were great as were Funeral For A Friend and Faith No More and The Wildhearts are always fucking awesome :D

In no order

Cobra Starship

Fall Out Boy

Simple Plan

Army Of Freshmen

Bowling For Soup

MCR (Black Parade Era)

Greenday

Fightstar

Franz Ferdinand

36 Crazyfists

30 Seconds To Mars

RATM

Delays

Nirvavna

Hole

Incubus

And I have seen a ton of indie bands that have been equally awful live (this included Coldplay, Idlewild, The Kooks etc).

:uhh:

On some I hope you're wrong.

On some I hope you're right.

Wow, yeah what is your job?

Well I work for a promo company that does stuff for record labels and I organize street-team kids and make sure they goto gigs and do what they are suppose to do.

Also I review bands on the side to give my views back to the labels.

I goto loads of gigs but it's a boring job but at least I can work from home at times.

Well I work for a promo company that does stuff for record labels and I organize street-team kids and make sure they goto gigs and do what they are suppose to do.

Also I review bands on the side to give my views back to the labels.

I goto loads of gigs but it's a boring job but at least I can work from home at times.

sort us out bruv :P

sort us out bruv :P

It's piss easy to get into. I got the job because I was on a street-team and the bloke who organized us quit so I interviewed for his job.

Plenty of street-teams online to get involved in especially if your willing to flyer for bands in return for free tickets.

Haha, I'm sure after a few years doing it, it could become boring. I mean, you probably don't get to go to too many shows that you want to go to, and then when you do, you have to review it as well as make sure those street-team kids are up to snuff. It's a job. He's not going to shows on a whim probably.

Most of the bands he thought sucked, I would agree with him just based on the albums alone.

Haha, I'm sure after a few years doing it, it could become boring. I mean, you probably don't get to go to too many shows that you want to go to, and then when you do, you have to review it as well as make sure those street-team kids are up to snuff. It's a job. He's not going to shows on a whim probably.

Most of the bands he thought sucked, I would agree with him just based on the albums alone.

You've hit the nail on the head - it is a job. You do get to see the bands but for the most part you've got to give kids flyers to hand out and you have to deal with all their problems like making sure they get in at the door and make sure they fill in mailing lists.....the thrill wears off after a while but saying that I don't really want to get another job :rotfl:

lostalone, m'fraid. more so the first time they supported paramore than the second - i have nothing against them or theyre music really, but they just totally numbed my skull.

second time they were alright - still not my kind of thing, but they had a bit more spark about them.

the worst band ive seen live is flyleaf. the singer is annoying and their bassist looked stupid.

haha, i like flyleaf, but i cant picture them being very good live somehow.

even after listening to them for a while, laceys voice gets pretty irratating.

i dont see how people can compare her to hayley, vocally - shes not a patch on her.

She's has a stronger voice than Haley's but Flyleaf will never be as big as Paramore because she isn't as good looking as Haley and isn't as easy to sell to prepubescent lads or confused girls looking for an idol.....I think Flyleaf will be around much longer than Paramore though.

Flyleaf are fun live but I guess it depends when you see them because I saw them on the Newcastle date and they just seemed up for it more....i've since watched live video's where they just sound bloody awful. Your right about the bassist tho

She's has a stronger voice than Haley's but Flyleaf will never be as big as Paramore because she isn't as good looking as Haley and isn't as easy to sell to prepubescent lads or confused girls looking for an idol.....I think Flyleaf will be around much longer than Paramore though.

sums up most of the population of this forum

^ mrm, i'll agree to disagree with you on the vocal thing if thats alright.

but yeah, theyre just not as 'sellable' anyway, even if they have been kicking about for a while already.

like i said, i like them, but i dont think id ever bend over backwards to see them live.

i know a few people who saw them when they supported korn at the start of the year, but how good they were on the night i dont know.

Flyleaf are fun live but I guess it depends when you see them because I saw them on the Newcastle date and they just seemed up for it more....i've since watched live video's where they just sound bloody awful. Your right about the bassist tho

she has a powerful voice, but it grates on me. the bassist just acted like a tit the whole set. I saw them supporting stone sour. just not my thing at all

although i dont like still remains at all, and i thought they were superb live.