What're you up to?

EasyTarget

I'm back at my parent's place, so I'm just killing time and trying to fast-forward to tomorrow evening because then it's my friends birthday. I'll probably be doodling around with our old upright piano when I'm not here. It hasn't been tuned in 6 years or something and it's never been cleaned either so it has quite a unique sound to it. :) It doesn't sound like most "Upright piano" patches in modern synthesizers, but still quite characteristic.

Practicing sweep picking. Arghhh!

Haha, it's a headache, isn't it? Are you doing 3-string runs or more?

That's what I did for 3-strings sweeps. Works pretty damn well as an exercise.

For 5-string sweeps I did this:

It's a hard technique to get down, for sure! You need to develop a special sense of synchronization with your hands, and for me, it didn't come by simply sitting it out with a metronome.

Are you just forming different arpeggios or do you use a song to practise?

• 4 months later...

I'm looking at some grand pianos because my midi keyboard is making a crackling sound when run through Akoustik Piano. Maybe I should just try to find what's causing the trouble but I feel like being a sarcastic bastard right now. And maybe it starts working again when it finds out that I'm going to replace it with a real grand piano.