Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

That's on TV right? Think I might watch that, could be a good game (could be dire as well :P)

Aye it's on Sky on Sunday. SHOULD be entertaining considering since it's out first sell out at our new stadium and we are playing some quality stuff there. And Newcastle....are just too good for this division really.

Aye it's on Sky on Sunday. SHOULD be entertaining considering since it's out first sell out at our new stadium and we are playing some quality stuff there. And Newcastle....are just too good for this division really.

But they werent good enough for the premiership :rotfl: they can come join the SPL and find their level.

In other news, fucking gutted about Scotland...glorious failure yet again

Yeah, but Newcastle games don't exactly strike me as exciting :P

They're annoying as fuck as a Newcastle fan, 90 minutes of shouting at the TV :lol: Or when they were in the Prem anyway, I was quiet watching the Leicester game... until Guthrie scored a cracker :shifty:

But they werent good enough for the premiership :rotfl: they can come join the SPL and find their level.

To be honest the Championship is a higher level than the SPL :P

Wales lost 1-3, I didn't see it though. The last international game at the Milennium Stadium for up to 2 years. Games will be played at the Liberty or at the Cardiff City Stadium from now on.

Agreed. There is a high influx of players went to the championship from the SPL. I would say The Old Firm, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee United and Motherwell could all compete in the championship.

Anyway, last night was gutting. We didnt deserve to lose to holland, not one bit. What an utter blow :(

Bok of the net! (Daily Mirror), 3 Lions in Africa (Daily Mirror), Get de beers in (The Sun), Ooh-aah Africa! (The Sun), We can win it (Daily Express), Watch out world (Daily Star), World class (Daily Mail) and Job done (The Independent) are some of the newspaper headlines after Fabio Capello's England side secured World Cup qualification on Wednesday night.

Its started already. :roll:

just waiting for the next headline though when world cup kicks off

England crash out (the sun) We need new coach (Daily Mirror) More years of hurt (The Independent) England not good enough (Daily Star)

u know thats the headlines in june/july 2010

Bok of the net! (Daily Mirror), 3 Lions in Africa (Daily Mirror), Get de beers in (The Sun), Ooh-aah Africa! (The Sun), We can win it (Daily Express), Watch out world (Daily Star), World class (Daily Mail) and Job done (The Independent) are some of the newspaper headlines after Fabio Capello's England side secured World Cup qualification on Wednesday night.

Its started already. :roll:

I was waiting for that :lol:

Although, admittedly they probably have their best chance of winning it in 2010. Especially since the likes of Argentina, Portugal and France look unlikely to qualify.

Spain will still rip them a new one when they meet.

I dunno about that, they had a worse result than Scotland against Macedonia. Yeah they both won, but Macedonia put 2 past Spain (it finished 3-2 but Macedonia were 2-0 up) And USA beat Spain in the Confederations Cup :lol:

The big teams don't seem to be at their best lately. Serbia are [probably] going to top France's qualifying group :shifty:

UEFA Qualifying Group 7:

1. Serbia [+10] 19pts

2. France [+2] 15pts

3. Austria [0] 11pts

4. Lithuania [-1] 9pts

5. Romania [-2] 9pts

6. Faroe Islands [-8] 4pts

UEFA Qualifying Group 3:

1. Slovakia [+13] 19pts

2. Slovenia [+9] 14pts

3. Northern Ireland [+4] 14pts

4. Czech Republic [+9] 12pts

5. Poland [+8] 11pts

6. San Marino [-43] 0pts

UEFA Qualifying Group 1:

1. Denmark [+11] 18pts

2. Sweden [+6] 15pts

3. Portugal [+5] 13pts

4. Hungary [+4] 13pts

5. Albania [-4] 7pts

6. Malta [-22] 1pt

South America Qualifying Group: (top 4 qualify, 5th place plays a play-off against North American Qualifying Group 4th placed team - currently Costa Rica)

Q. Brazil [+23] 33pts

Q. Paraguay [+9] 30pts

3. Chile [+7] 27pts

4. Ecuador [-2] 23pts

--------------------------

5. Argentina [+1] 22pts

--------------------------

6. Uruguay [+8] 21pts

7. Venezuela [-5] 21pts

8. Colombia [-4] 20pts

9. Bolivia [-14] 12pts

10. Peru [-23] 10pts

We're playing Rangers at 12:15pm tomorrow on sky sports. Tune in and support the 'Well!

I genuinely believe we'll get a point from this. I dont think rangers will win.

Although, last time we beat rangers was boxing day 2002 when a certain James McFadden scored the winner in a 1-0 victory.

We're playing Rangers at 12:15pm tomorrow on sky sports. Tune in and support the 'Well!

I genuinely believe we'll get a point from this. I dont think rangers will win.

Although, last time we beat rangers was boxing day 2002 when a certain James McFadden scored the winner in a 1-0 victory.

I beg to differ. 8-)

Ah Engerland qualified for the World Cup......so now the media will be over-hyping the really average team and then will accuse the other teams of cheating once they meet a decent team and crash out of the world cup haha.

They just need Mourinho as a coach, then it would certainly be an issue.

They just need Mourinho as a coach, then it would certainly be an issue.

Capello looks to have sorted them out, I was surprised at how nuts he went when Croatia scored, he desperately wanted a clean sheet rather than the "a win's a win" mentality of other coaches.

England are vulnerable at Right Back, but I think generally speaking that's about it. The only other potential weak spot could be with strikers imo.

Premier League is back tomorrow, Man City vs Arsenal being one of the stand-out games (on paper) :P

Capello is a disciplinarian, you have a disciplined team you will function better together. He is the best manager england have had in a while and need to keep him if they want to have a chance at winning the world cup and the euros.

I can see arsenal beating city

Capello looks to have sorted them out, I was surprised at how nuts he went when Croatia scored, he desperately wanted a clean sheet rather than the "a win's a win" mentality of other coaches.

England are vulnerable at Right Back, but I think generally speaking that's about it. The only other potential weak spot could be with strikers imo.

Premier League is back tomorrow, Man City vs Arsenal being one of the stand-out games (on paper) :P

I agree Capello is a great coach. I think he is one of the best. But you should not always expect entertaining football, its most of all the victories that counts for him and that is a good thing. I also like that no one is sure to start. Just see someone like Beckham, he is not guaranteed anything.

I agree Capello is a great coach. I think he is one of the best. But you should not always expect entertaining football, its most of all the victories that counts for him and that is a good thing. I also like that no one is sure to start. Just see someone like Beckham, he is not guaranteed anything.

True, and Capello has told Beckham to play in Europe. And now he is leaving LA Galaxy when the season finishes to go back and play for a team in Europe.