Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

luton and sheffield wednesday fans are a disgrace to football, especially the luton fans, its a sport at the end of the day, you sad pathetic ppl, hope they get named and shamed and banned from football

Bad news for (Mod) Ross...

Motherwell's highly-rated defender Mark Reynolds has conceded he would consider a move away from the club this summer.

The 22-year-old has one year left on his Fir Park contract and has been linked with a move to newly-promoted Newcastle United.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0' date='19528,11678_6134592,00.html[/quote']

This is not the first time we’ve been linked with the 22 year old Scot' date=' and he has confirmed that he could be playing his last game tonight for the Motherwell side against Hibs.

Motherwell manager Craig Brown has admitted there has been interest in his player over the last year or so, and the lad has already been linked with Fulham, Blackburn Rovers and PSV Eindhoven.

Indeed Glasgow Rangers made a bid for the player 21 months ago, and the bid was said to be around £750K.

Reynolds has been watched several times by Newcastle scouts this season, although the player has refused to reveal his likely destination.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/05/05/newcastle-still-said-to-be-after-motherwells-mark-reynolds/#more-43756[/quote']

most amazing game and comeback ever from motherwell 2-6 down and come back to draw 6-6. The 6th goal from motherwell was one of the best i av ever seen :D

spurs won too. UP URS CITY :lol:

most amazing game and comeback ever from motherwell 2-6 down and come back to draw 6-6. The 6th goal from motherwell was one of the best i av ever seen :D

Great advert for Mark Reynolds eh? Newcastle were interested in him, and then Motherwell concede 6 goals :lol:

Lots of potential Newcastle signings/transfer targets at the moment, the newest one being Stephen Ireland.

Great advert for Mark Reynolds eh? Newcastle were interested in him, and then Motherwell concede 6 goals :lol:

Lots of potential Newcastle signings/transfer targets at the moment, the newest one being Stephen Ireland.

Ireland would be a cracking signing for us, i think we need another defender tbh and a striker

Some friends of mine were talking about Motherwell last week or something, I think it had something to do with Alex Ferguson. And I was like: "I've heard of Motherwell!" And then they got impressed, cause they hadn't, haha. It was just because of you James :P

Ireland would be a cracking signing for us, i think we need another defender tbh and a striker

It seems Villa are also interested in Ireland.

Rumoured Transfer Targets

Mark Reynolds - Motherwell (CB, LB, RB) Potential Cost £1.5m to £2m

Jamie O'Hara - Tottenham (CM) Potential Cost £2m to £4m

Hamit Altintop - Bayern Munich (CF, LW, CAM) Potential Cost Free

Morten Gamst Pedersen - Blackburn (RW, LW) Potential Cost Free

Joe Cole - Chelsea (LW, CAM) Potential Cost Free

Deniz Yilmaz - Bayern Munich (ST) Potential Cost £500k

Simon Poulsen - AZ Alkmaar (LW) Potential Cost £1m to £2m

Steven Ireland - Man City (CAM, CM) Potential Cost £8m to £10m (imo)

Connor Wickham - Ipswich (ST) Potential Cost £6m+ (Spurs rumoured to offer £5m)

Who I would look at getting...

Steven Whittaker - Rangers (RB)

Jack Collison - West Ham (LW, CM, RW)

Carlton Cole - West Ham (ST)

I suggested Carlton Cole because "all West Ham players except Scott Parker are for sale" according to the owners so why not make a bid?

Basically the new Newcastle transfer policy is to sign players under the age of 26. Hughton has about £15m to spend in the summer.

Who will be leaving Newcastle:

Fabrice Pancrate (RW) Already released.

Nicky Butt (CDM) Retiring/Out of contract.

Leon Best (ST) Rumoured to be offloaded in the summer, the £2m January signing has been a 4th choice striker since signing and if not sold outright in the summer he will probably be loaned out.

Look away now Matt :lol:

News today that Newcastle United may be in a battle with Birmingham City to sign Shane Long from Reading.

The news is in the News Of The World today, and it’s that both Premiership clubs are willing to cough up £3M for the Ireland striker, and that would be a very reasonable transfer fee.

Shane has two years left on his Reading contract, but the news (where they get this from we have no idea) [birmingham] are prepared to pay bigger wages than Newcastle, and as much as £5K a week more, or at least that’s what’s being reported.

http://www.nufcblog.com/2010/05/09/newcastle-pursuing-readings-shane-long/

Chelsea are Champions. Drogba takes the Golden boot.

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan Athletic

Anelka, Lampard (P), Kalou, Anelka, Drogba, Drogba (P), Drogba, A Cole. (Caldwell s/o for Wigan)

Manchester United 4-0 Stoke City

Fletcher, Giggs, Higginbotham OG, Park

So much for Chris Hughton having £15million to spend in the summer... turns out he has £0 to spend.

NUFC Statement: "The first team squad that won the Championship this year will form the basis of the team for next season in the Premier League. There is no plan for new capital outlay on players."

Oh and I do believe that I won the PF Fantasy Football :shifty:

I never did get round to changing my name....btw, well done andrew.

Dude, did anyone see whittingham's free kick today? it was class, and im suddenly somewhat optimistic about our chances for promotion. still a long way to go though, and its never easy with the city.