Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

I always thought offside was a horizontal flag (arm out in front).

Yeah it is, linesman should point his flag at where the offside was. This linesman just holds his flag up, but he definitely doesn't wave his flag about and then point in the direction of who the free kick is for, as he should for a foul.

Yeah^

I was supporting Newcastle for the first 80 minutes, then Swansea for the last 10 so I didn't really win either way lol

Newcastle were poor again, worrying away form in my opinion. I was looking at the match stats (these are from the swansea website though):

Attempts: Swansea 16 Newcastle 5

On Target: Swansea 9 Newcastle 2

Remember that referee from the Chelsea/Barca game last season?

You do? He fucked up again tonight in the Bayern Munich/Fiorentina match :lol:

Quite much indeed. How on earth can you miss to see that it's offside. Not to talk about red cards and those who weren't given.

Well a dane scored, that's something.

I blame fucking aberdeen and falkirk for that. We got eventually put out by Stuea Bucharest. A respectable team to knock you out i say. Not nonsense teams that nobody has heard of.

We have Hibs today, dont know how this one will go. They'll be hurting after getting beat 5-1 midweek by St Johnstone, but if we win today we're 5 points behind 3rd.