Footy Thread

RenegadeRoss

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, if he goes it'll be for free, he's out of contract

That's what I thought but they had the back page from the Glasgow paper on Sky Sports News saying he might go for £1million... either way Birmingham will probably get a good deal.

All the South Wales derby's have been great to watch in the league the past 2 years, always guaranteed a cracker if you're a neutral!

If I wasn't so happy and we were against different opposition, I might have felt a little guilty in the manner we won, but it was Swansea so nah! haha

All the South Wales derby's have been great to watch in the league the past 2 years, always guaranteed a cracker if you're a neutral!

If I wasn't so happy and we were against different opposition, I might have felt a little guilty in the manner we won, but it was Swansea so nah! haha

You know I actually felt nothing watching the game. Not cause Swansea lost, but for the whole game I genuinely felt nothing. I think it's because I've come to the conclusion that no one in the play-offs would be genuinely good enough to stay up in the Premier League next season if they were promoted.

And Swansea seriously need an actual striker/goal scorer. If Scotland hadn't left in the summer Swansea would probably be challenging for the title imo.

You know I actually felt nothing watching the game. Not cause Swansea lost, but for the whole game I genuinely felt nothing. I think it's because I've come to the conclusion that no one in the play-offs would be genuinely good enough to stay up in the Premier League next season if they were promoted.

And Swansea seriously need an actual striker/goal scorer. If Scotland hadn't left in the summer Swansea would probably be challenging for the title imo.

I was the opposite, I was so excited/nervous/whatever. And then when we scored the winner, well, I think whoever took this sums it up nicely:

Imma be buzzing all week now!

I was the opposite, I was so excited/nervous/whatever. And then when we scored the winner, well, I think whoever took this sums it up nicely:

Imma be buzzing all week now!

First win though for Cardiff in ages so I can see why you were excited and all that 8-)

Think I'll be more excited/nervous for Newcastle tomorrow :shifty:

First win though for Cardiff in ages so I can see why you were excited and all that 8-)

Think I'll be more excited/nervous for Newcastle tomorrow :shifty:

True, but it was a mix of all things. What you said, along with the fact we NEVER come from behind to win, the injury time winner, and most importantly, 3 points that almost confirm the play-offs, bar an epic breakdown like last season.

Also, I haven't expressed my love for Chris Burke enough in this thread. What a hero he is, along with Bothroyd. Two players who I firmly believe are Premiership class.

True, but it was a mix of all things. What you said, along with the fact we NEVER come from behind to win, the injury time winner, and most importantly, 3 points that almost confirm the play-offs, bar an epic breakdown like last season.

Also, I haven't expressed my love for Chris Burke enough in this thread. What a hero he is, along with Bothroyd. Two players who I firmly believe are Premiership class.

Yeah I think there's a few Premier League quality players for teams in the play-offs (Pratley and Williams from Swansea) but overall I think the teams in the play-offs aren't quite good enough.

Swansea need a goalscorer, Cardiff are a bit up and down with their results, Forest haven't won an away game out of their last nine (or more) and Leicester were only promoted from League One last season.

What a football demonstration from Barcelona.

Arsenal's defence is shit.

lol I wouldn't call it shit. If Arsenal's is shit then so is Barcelona's for the first goal :P

Messi got a little lucky with the first goal but it was still a class finish, 2nd and 3rd were class goals too.

Meh. Barcelona got a little surprised when Diaby committed the foul that hasn't been given on the 1st goal.

And for Barcelona's goals, Arsenal's defence is guilty.

They were always throwing the ball back in the feet of Messi.

Manchester United 3-2 Bayern Munich (4-4 on aggregate, Bayern win on away goals)

I'm going to put my Andy Gray hat on, and say that I think the top English clubs are nowhere near as good as they have been in previous seasons. Not just in the Champions League, but in the Premier League too. Liverpool will probably finish as low as 7th, Man Utd have already lost 7 games in the league and I genuinely think that 82 points will win the Premier League this year, which would be the lowest amount in about 7 years.

Number 7 is very popular it seems :P

Celtic 0-2 Ross County, amazing game from county

celtic were really poor anyone ever says they should play in english premier league again i will laugh in their face they couldn't even win league two lol

celtic were fucking shocking they have become a one man team once keane goes after the season they are fucked, will be lucky to get a top 3 place next year. I just had to face the embrassment of walking down dingwall high street wearing a celtic top lets just say im lucky i didnt get jumped haha!!

I suppose its good for my town since im from there(will be bouncing tonight) might go out now just for the banter! But im gutted considering im a caley and celtic supporter im just getting bombarded with texts :( lol

when I heard county was winning all I could think was tay is gonna be pissed off lol

:rotfl:

all I could think was tay is gonna be pissed off lol

:rotfl:

i was more than pissed off haha! was gunna go out in ding the night but drove down the high street and county crap(inc fans) EVERYWHERE so was like yeah just guna go home, am no dealing with all them lol.