[If you knew about Paramore pre-Riot] How did you find out about them?

I'm quite curious. A lot of people at a graphics site I go to (Gamerenders) talk about Paramore a lot, but this was mostly after Riot, so I didn't listen to them until after Riot came out and they basically hit it big.

If you found out about them before they became really popular, how did you do so? Paramore is one of the bands I wish I knew about before they hit it big (Like green day).

There's nothing wrong with hitting it big, I'm just wondering how you guys heard about them.

I was in love with Simple Plan back in the day (yeah....I know) and they were the first opening act. They played 5 songs. One 20 minute set....the most amazing set of EVER!! I later went to their merch table where they were hanging out and chatted it up with Josh who made me promise to buy AWKIF and made me sign up for their mailing list. That was back in October 2005...ahh memories.

I found out about them barely pre-Riot, but not pre-Misery Business, in early May 2007, a week after they played in Boston.

I'd had the Jonas Brothers as friends on MySpace for a while at that point (before they became the superband they are today), and they posted a bulletin asking for everyone to go vote for them on AOL Breakers... I went and saw Paramore, listened to Misery Business, immediately downloaded AWKIF, and you know the rest. :D

I heard Crushcrushcrush in the radio then i asked my classmates who is that band. He said Paramore. First I dont care for them. Then i downloaded an acoustic version of misery business and i loved hayleys voice!!! and u know i fell in love with paramore!!!:D:D :rotfl:

^Doesn't realize that she just said how she found out about paramore Post-Riot!, not Pre-Riot!.

I found the Emergency video on my cable's on-demand music video section, and the name sounded familiar, so I watched it.......159 times in a row.

sorry Kyle, you are right...its my fault...

Was listening to Flyleaf on some streaming site or other, and it was one of those links that was like "If you like Flyleaf, why not check out...." etc, and Paramore was one of them. So i liked them for a bit and thought they were pretty awesome, and then got my hands on the Emergency acoustic yunno where they're all sitting down outside ? Listened to it an unreasonable amount of times and fell in love.

Saw all their signs everywhere at Warped in 2005 and was intrigued enough to go check them out over at the Shira stage...bought AWKIF that day and haven't stopped listening to it yet :) You could say it was kind of a turning point (of sorts) in my life haha :)

Haha, i personally didn't know them before Riot!, but it's a good question. I guess people just hear about them from other people, or music sites.

Like Green Day? Haha do you mean Dookie? Or American Idiot, because Dookie really put them on the map

Well I just wish I had listened to them my whole life instead of for the past three years. Green Day is definitely my favorite band of all time, but I think American Idiot is their worst album compared to their other stuff, so I wish I could say I found out about them from like, 1039/Smoothed out Slappy Hours or Kerplunk or something.

Some incredible person posted a thread about them on avrilbandaids.com. I say incredible because I was so happy to know Paramore right when they came out almost. I've been a fan since like July/August 2005. The first song I heard was pressure. There was a littlebit in early 2006 where I wasn't a huge fan of them because of some comments they had supposadly made about Avril Lavigne who I love, but then I said, "You know what? People all have their own opinions about who they like and who they don't so it was be ridicoulous of me not to be a big fan just because they don't like her" so I put that aside and now I'm a HUGE fan of Paramore.

some girl i used to know over myspace posted a bulletin back in 06 i think and it something along the lines of "why does everyone think the singer from paramore is so hot?"

I liked the name so i checked em out and i've been in love ever since.

Im kinda taking a break from listening to them now though because its just been a bit too much aha

A friend in Grade 9 kept telling me to listen to them, but I thought it was just some rock group, and in grade 9 I was in to heavy metal. But earlier this year, I think it was whenever Crushcrushcrush came out, I saw the video on muchmusic.com, saying, oh this is the band he talks about, I listen to them and it got a little catchy, so I downloaded some songs, some old some new and liked it, but it wasn't until crushx3 cameo ut on rock band that I got really into paramore, that I wanted to know more about, and a crush I had on hayley, I still listen to them and check on sites like this every so often.

It was back in '05 and I had been dealing with some tough stuff and I saw the video for "Pressure" on FUSE, and I was like... "Wow dude that band is seriously amazing! " So I told my mom about them and she bought me the album, and the more I listened the more I realized how much I related to the songs, ever since I've been in love w/them!

i got sims 2 for the gamecube and on the radio it had pressure as one of the songs you could listen to and i fell in love with it, listened to it over and over and over again.

then everybody on another forum i went to started talking about them so i decided i would properly check them out, listened to hallelujah acoustic and was blown away by hayley's voice. then i bought awkif and there ya go.

this was in april 06

• Like 1

i knew them just around the time riot came out. before misery business was HUGE. i'm so pissed i didnt know them before. everyone thinks bad about the new fans... whom i have to admit some of them like only know a few songs...i hate being grouped with them b/c i know all their songs and am like a legit fan lol.