Computer Games/Console Thread

RenegadeRoss

I love running folk over in GTA, it just looks and feel much better/more painful than the games previous.

As wrong as that sounds, you are so right.

You won't regret getting MGS either, it is AWESOME!:mrgreen:

Ordered it on Play.com with the game guide yesterday but typically they post the guide before the game :roll:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dang did not know about this thread. And I so just beat Metal Gear Solid 4 in 4 days, it's one of the best games I have played. Ever! Everyone needs to play it.

Psch, to be honest, I kinda feel as though it seems shorter than the other games in the series, if you cut the FMV's out...but it's still awesome. :D

The Boss fight between Metal Gear REX and Metal Gear RAY = friggin' awesome! :willy_nilly:

I play Ninja Gaiden Sigma quite a bit as well. Awesome game, rather challenging as well. :)

Anyone played "Echochrome"? For PSP/PS3... I downloaded a (free) demo of it for the PSP cause the PSNetwork emailed me about it and it's a really crazy puzzle game... I'm stuck on level 2 lol (and that's of the demo) :lol: I'm gonna see if I can get it on the PS3 and hopefully a bigger screen can help me :lol:

• 1 month later...

I know a few people have Metal Gear Solid 4, so I was wondering what's the best way to defeat/kill Laughing Octopus/Beauty - I'm at that point now, just haven't started the fight yet.

Well....

First off, use a gun that's got a high firing rate (or something like a shotgun/grenade launcher attatched to an assault rifle), otherwise she can just deflect the shots with her tentacles. Then when she disappears in a cloud of ink/whatever it is, use your solid eye's NV function to see where she hides (she hides in a hell of a lot of places, such as in the ceiling rafters and in boxes even). Sometimes she even disguises herself as either a dead body or somehting else, so stay alert. And sometimes when she disappears she releases these homing dart things that stick to your skin and explode, so keep your distance and shoot them if you can. AND then when her health gets low, she throws the stealth tactics out the window and just starts coming after you directly.

Lot to take in, but she's not so hard when you work out her attack patterns.

:shifty:

Well....

First off, use a gun that's got a high firing rate (or something like a shotgun/grenade launcher attatched to an assault rifle), otherwise she can just deflect the shots with her tentacles. Then when she disappears in a cloud of ink/whatever it is, use your solid eye's NV function to see where she hides (she hides in a hell of a lot of places, such as in the ceiling rafters and in boxes even). Sometimes she even disguises herself as either a dead body or somehting else, so stay alert. And sometimes when she disappears she releases these homing dart things that stick to your skin and explode, so keep your distance and shoot them if you can. AND then when her health gets low, she throws the stealth tactics out the window and just starts coming after you directly.

Lot to take in, but she's not so hard when you work out her attack patterns.

:shifty:

Thanks, I wasn't expecting her to hide in some of the places she did - like the boxes. It took me ages to beat her because the batteries in the solid eye died on me a couple of times so I had to keep running around so she couldn't get near me while the batteries recharged :lol: It was pretty weird when she turned into the Mk 2 though... And I wasted 30,000 drebin points on an automatic shotgun when the guns I had already turned out to be better against her...

Thanks, I wasn't expecting her to hide in some of the places she did - like the boxes. It took me ages to beat her because the batteries in the solid eye died on me a couple of times so I had to keep running around so she couldn't get near me while the batteries recharged :lol: It was pretty weird when she turned into the Mk 2 though... And I wasted 30,000 drebin points on an automatic shotgun when the guns I had already turned out to be better against her...

Erm yeah, I was a bit surprised at how she fitted herself into a cardboard box somehow. :P

And yeah, I didn't even use half the guns you can buy in the game. I just used an M60 that you can get from the PMC's earlier in the chapter. :P

Erm yeah, I was a bit surprised at how she fitted herself into a cardboard box somehow. :P

And yeah, I didn't even use half the guns you can buy in the game. I just used an M60 that you can get from the PMC's earlier in the chapter. :P

I used a little P90 actually... sub machine gun 8-)

I am still VERY old skool and play my PS2, but i do have a Wii, which is good when i have friends and family round :)

I am an obsessed Sims freak and can sit and control my little folk for hours, i also love the Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy series aswell =]

Win!