RenegadeRoss

college is freaking me the fxck out.

idk if i'm willing to leave everything ive known for 17 years,

and just change it all in an instant.

but i dont even have a choice.

and i'm second guessing myself on what i'm doing,

what if i dont want this major?

what if i dont even want college?

what if theres some other thing out there for me, but i havent found it yet?

well since i was in the same boat as you last year hopefully i can give you some advice. right now i'm attending community college which is pretty great. i'm taking most of the same classes i would've taken at a university at a quarter of the cost and still get to live at home. however i do miss some of my friends that have left dearly. also you don't need a major right away because for the first year of two you are mostly taking basic courses. You should go to college though at least for 2 years (an associates degree). I remember when a Baker representative came in during my foods class last year and said "10% of the jobs only require a high school diploma or less and we all know what those jobs are. 70% of all jobs only require an associates degree and the other 20% require a bachelors degree or more." So basically for most things you only new an associates degree (except for the career i've chosen i need a doctorate :(). I hope this helps.

Craziness galore today. Extremely busy at work, the door bell didn't stop... it even got bored itself and started playing random jingles at one point. But the absolute highlight had to be this African Woman. This really was unbelievable. I went down to the back office (which is where we take customers) just to get some forms, and she came in, said Hi and then proceeded to ask if she could have some "condoms and gel".

Being crap at hearing what crazy and/or foreign people usually say I said "sorry, what did you say?" She again said "can I have some condoms and gel". This time I just looked straight at her, with a confused look on my face and said "I think you've got the wrong place. We're a credit union". I honestly didn't know if she was taking the piss or not, but either way I was going to take the piss out of her. "Are you looking for the Drug clinic next door by chance?" I said ;-) "I am looking for a clinic yes". "Well the drug place is next door..." I said. She said okay, and quickly left. So she had an embarassing situation involving condoms with a stranger. I'm sure she'll have another one with another stranger, in a different way later tonight.

eurgh I have to bring all my exercise books with me to school on Monday :willy_nilly:

Are they TRYING to break my fucking back?!?

I need to take my nurse outfit (+ the hospital pyjamas) back to school on monday, I'm sleeping at my boyfriend's... I got a shit load of clothes with me!

School should get me a new bag.

well since i was in the same boat as you last year hopefully i can give you some advice. right now i'm attending community college which is pretty great. i'm taking most of the same classes i would've taken at a university at a quarter of the cost and still get to live at home. however i do miss some of my friends that have left dearly. also you don't need a major right away because for the first year of two you are mostly taking basic courses. You should go to college though at least for 2 years (an associates degree). I remember when a Baker representative came in during my foods class last year and said "10% of the jobs only require a high school diploma or less and we all know what those jobs are. 70% of all jobs only require an associates degree and the other 20% require a bachelors degree or more." So basically for most things you only new an associates degree (except for the career i've chosen i need a doctorate :(). I hope this helps.

it helped a little, thanks. :]

but atm i'm planning on majoring in radiology.

the colleges i'm applying to and the programs they offer, you get all the classes you need, no bullshiit classes, and in 2 years you get your associates in radiology and can go straight into the work force.

so i'm going to be going right into that.

i dont have to worry about getting the crap classes out of the way at a community school like i had originally planned, b/c theres no classes i'd have to take there.

know what i mean?

so basically i have to have it all known NOW

b/c its gonna be too late to chnage anything...if its not already