Rant Thread IV

RenegadeRoss

I'm not pleased to have to be ranting already but seriously I'm really pissed off.

We've had lots of trouble with our computer and I always got the blame for it when it was blatantly my parents as they don't have a clue how to work the thing!

So my dad gets a laptop for him and mam and I'm not allowed any computer which is fucking shocking considering they screwed up the last one.

So we get a "new" computer, new to us but about a decade old and I'm chuffed, it's all mine to do as I please. Works like a charm.

Then my dad makes an account for himself as the administrator, so I can't get flash player, itunes or msn. WHY? I had them before so why not allow me to know?

Obvious, he thinks that's what killed the other computer.

But I don't make a big deal, now, he's been messing on this one today, my mam went on bloody facebook, (I didn't even comment on the fact that it is my computer and that they have a laptop) now, it's restarted THREE times in about twenty minutes!

ARGH! Why must they destroy the one thing I really love to use?

I'm not bothered about the tv or anything, so why kill this?

Then of course, I get in trouble for complaining, because you know, "you spend to much time on their anyway, doing nothing". Don't they realise I talk to my friends there?

Urgh.

I'm not pleased to have to be ranting already but seriously I'm really pissed off.

We've had lots of trouble with our computer and I always got the blame for it when it was blatantly my parents as they don't have a clue how to work the thing!

So my dad gets a laptop for him and mam and I'm not allowed any computer which is fucking shocking considering they screwed up the last one.

So we get a "new" computer, new to us but about a decade old and I'm chuffed, it's all mine to do as I please. Works like a charm.

Then my dad makes an account for himself as the administrator, so I can't get flash player, itunes or msn. WHY? I had them before so why not allow me to know?

Obvious, he thinks that's what killed the other computer.

But I don't make a big deal, now, he's been messing on this one today, my mam went on bloody facebook, (I didn't even comment on the fact that it is my computer and that they have a laptop) now, it's restarted THREE times in about twenty minutes!

ARGH! Why must they destroy the one thing I really love to use?

I'm not bothered about the tv or anything, so why kill this?

Then of course, I get in trouble for complaining, because you know, "you spend to much time on their anyway, doing nothing". Don't they realise I talk to my friends there?

Urgh.

Can't you start up in safe mode as it should sign in as the Admin account and delete it?

I don't think it would work, he's got a password on.

Pathetic really, I'm not 6, I know what not to do on a computer.

Yes parents can be pathetic. Can't you just teach them the basics that they need to know? the prove there are no viruses in the programs you want with a virus scan of the program files.

Yes parents can be pathetic. Can't you just teach them the basics that they need to know? the prove there are no viruses in the programs you want with a virus scan of the program files.

We have a virus scanner, we've had them for years.

Thing is, my dad knows the basics, the whole problem with him is that he thinks he knows more than he does, which he doesn't, which causes most of the problems, you can't tell him that though!

They don't seem to get that my friends go on the same stuff as me and their computers are fine or that I go on the same stuff at my nana's and hers is fine!

We have a virus scanner, we've had them for years.

Thing is, my dad knows the basics, the whole problem with him is that he thinks he knows more than he does, which he doesn't, which causes most of the problems, you can't tell him that though!

They don't seem to get that my friends go on the same stuff as me and their computers are fine or that I go on the same stuff at my nana's and hers is fine!

Sounds just like the situation I was in. All you need to do is just prepare something that will catch him out. Like close Firefox or Internet Explorer through processes in Ctrl, Alt, Delete. Keep on doing things like that, until he can't, it will slowly sink into his head he know little.

Sounds just like the situation I was in. All you need to do is just prepare something that will catch him out. Like close Firefox or Internet Explorer through processes in Ctrl, Alt, Delete. Keep on doing things like that, until he can't, it will slowly sink into his head he know little.

Haha awesome, thanks.