Bands that don't get the credit they deserve...

FueledByPara

That's just your opinion.

My Chemical Romance are far from the greatest band on the Earth. They aren't even the best band from NJ, never mind the States. They had a decent debut, nothing spectacular. Same goes for "Three Cheers..." although I found it better than the debut. The Black Parade is one of the worst excuses for a concept album that I have ever had the displeasure of coming across in my life. It's about as tolerable as a saucer of goat cum. Fair play to them for getting out of the failing modern 'emo' scene early though. But that's about all the credit I can give them.

Bold = fact. The rest is my opinion but I'm sure there is more than me who feels somewhat similar.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, Kings of Leon are ridiculously overhyped. They get more than enough credit on a daily basis.

Only recently (like this year) though ;-) I was very surprised at the success they've had with their new album to be honest.

Hmm... hard for me to think of bands, others will probably disagree but I think Queens of the Stone Age are due more credit than they get. But then again Josh doesn't like too much "spotlight" since he dropped the song Trent Reznor did guest vocals on from their last album.

Only recently (like this year) though ;-) I was very surprised at the success they've had with their new album to be honest.

Hahaha. Youth and Young Manhood was probably THE most overhyped debut album of the last ten years. They've just reached the same level as bands like The Killers, were suddenly EVERYONE has decided that they actually really like them and hence want to go and see them. Plus they're still seen as 'alternative', so it makes all the chavs think they're embracing something new and makes the nerds think they're into something 'cool and different'. It's nothing to do with the recent album really. It's not like they've gone from small venues to Arenas in one song, they've been a big band for a long time. They were second headline on the mainstage at Leeds in 2004!

Hahaha. Youth and Young Manhood was probably THE most overhyped debut album of the last ten years. They've just reached the same level as bands like The Killers, were suddenly EVERYONE has decided that they actually really like them and hence want to go and see them. Plus they're still seen as 'alternative', so it makes all the chavs think they're embracing something new and makes the nerds think they're into something 'cool and different'. It's nothing to do with the recent album really. It's not like they've gone from small venues to Arenas in one song, they've been a big band for a long time. They were second headline on the mainstage at Leeds in 2004!

Big in the UK for a while yeah but they'd never been big back in the U.S.

No disagreement about Queens? ;-)

Big in the UK for a while yeah but they'd never been big back in the U.S.

It would help if the OP was more clear with the thread really, wouldn't it?

Agree with QOTSA btw. No qualms with that, they had their time in the spotlight, decided it wasn't for them and are now quietly going about their business. Props to them.

Fair doos. But no one is the best band in the world.

There is no way of proving that, same as no one is the worst.

It's all just opinion.

So then why pick on me for saying they weren't the best band and not the lassie who said they were? Surely it's the same principle?;-)

yeah :nono:

My Chemical Romance are one of the greatest bands to grace this freakin' earth, they get recognition but not from the people they should. It's narrow-minded idiots that thinks it fun to bottle a band that have worked hard to get where they are and have a massive fan base because of what? their music.

yeah

if it was so rubbish they wouldn't be one of the largest rock bands around.

They are not Emo.

They are MCR.

geez, people are so narrow minded nowadays.

anyways

(sorry, i get protective over them :roll:)

bands that i think don't get the credit they deserve :

Escape The Fate

Kings Of Leon

Avenged Sevenfold

Elliot Minor

+

Breaking Benjamin

[:

You're meant to list band that don't get the credit they deserve, not just your favourite bands...

Escape The Fate haven't really done anything interesting. If anything, they are overrated

Kings Of Leon are so fricken overplayed and overhyped its untrue. Sex On Fire was good for the first time. Not so much on its 500th time.

A7X I love, but they get the credit they deserve. Over hated, but still equally credited.

Elliot Minor have 4 decent songs. The album was shit. Overhyped.

REUBEN