Bands that don't get the credit they deserve...

FueledByPara

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're meant to list band that don't get the credit they deserve, not just your favourite bands...

Escape The Fate haven't really done anything interesting. If anything, they are overrated

Kings Of Leon are so fricken overplayed and overhyped its untrue. Sex On Fire was good for the first time. Not so much on its 500th time.

A7X I love, but they get the credit they deserve. Over hated, but still equally credited.

Elliot Minor have 4 decent songs. The album was shit. Overhyped.

okay 1) i have alot of favorite bands. and in my OPINION they don't get the credit they deserve. + the bands i listed weren't much of my favorite bands tbh...

+

2) again that's your opinion, as is mine.

also, about that guy saying "MCR are far from being the greatest band on the earth and that's a fact"

no.

that's opinion.

XD

also, about that guy saying "MCR are far from being the greatest band on the earth and that's a fact"

no.

that's opinion.

XD

No, I'm pretty damn fucking sure it's fact.

If you actually think MCR are the greatest band on the Earth then you don't really deserve to be a member of modern society. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of MCR now and again but to suggest that no one on the planet matches up to this apparent "greatness" is nothing short of blasphemous.

Brand New are my favourite band but you will never, ever, ever hear me, seriously, claim that they are the greatest band ever. They aren't anywhere close. My Chemical Romance are not anywhere close. Very few bands from the past 10 years or so are actually very close. And to suggest that MCR are the greatest band ever says to me, and not only me, that you've probably only listened to about 3 bands in your life. The other two most likely being the Vengaboys and Electric 6.

Point being - MCR are not the greatest band ever. Expand your musical horizons and find out for yourself why not. Go listen to stuff you wouldn't normally like Elliot Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel or even Jawbreaker (one of MCRs influences on older records) and you'll hear why.

I don't know who the greatest band ever is, but I'm damn sure it's not MCR.

^That's a bit harsh on MCR don't you think?

I thought I said in there "Nothing against MCR" or maybe I neglected to say it. I wasn't trying to drive the point about whether they are good band or not. My point was they aren't the greatest band ever/on the Earth/what-have-you.

No, I'm pretty damn fucking sure it's fact.

If you actually think MCR are the greatest band on the Earth then you don't really deserve to be a member of modern society. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of MCR now and again but to suggest that no one on the planet matches up to this apparent "greatness" is nothing short of blasphemous.

Brand New are my favourite band but you will never, ever, ever hear me, seriously, claim that they are the greatest band ever. They aren't anywhere close. My Chemical Romance are not anywhere close. Very few bands from the past 10 years or so are actually very close. And to suggest that MCR are the greatest band ever says to me, and not only me, that you've probably only listened to about 3 bands in your life. The other two most likely being the Vengaboys and Electric 6.

Point being - MCR are not the greatest band ever. Expand your musical horizons and find out for yourself why not. Go listen to stuff you wouldn't normally like Elliot Smith, Neutral Milk Hotel or even Jawbreaker (one of MCRs influences on older records) and you'll hear why.

I don't know who the greatest band ever is, but I'm damn sure it's not MCR.

I thought I said in there "Nothing against MCR" or maybe I neglected to say it. I wasn't trying to drive the point about whether they are good band or not. My point was they aren't the greatest band ever/on the Earth/what-have-you.

What about that in bold?

I know they aren't the best in the world no one is, but it's unfair relating them to those bands.

What about that in bold?

I know they aren't the best in the world no one is, but it's unfair relating them to those bands.

I was trying to make a point that your musical horizons probably aren't that expansive. Vengaboys and E6 happened to be the first 2 bands which came to mind to show an example. I could still easily have said Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy and my point would still equally be as valid. It was dictated by circumstance that those two bands were the two I chose.

I was trying to make a point that your musical horizons probably aren't that expansive. Vengaboys and E6 happened to be the first 2 bands which came to mind to show an example. I could still easily have said Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy and my point would still equally be as valid. It was dictated by circumstance that those two bands were the two I chose.

Fine. There's just three bands that I get extremely defensive of and MCR are one.

Flyleaf are painfully average

Hmm, I don't agree but I can understand why you feel that.

Yeah...I like them, But some songs are so short. Like...a three minute burst. I mean it's a good fucking three minutes...It's just it's kinda short. (Talkin about Flyleaf here)

Cassie is awesome :D

Being an atheist I feel awkward listening to some of there songs as they're a highly religious band, but Cassie is phenonemal.

Personally, I think I prefer the acoustic. "Don't be shocked that people die, be surprised you're still alive." I love it.