Bands that don't get the credit they deserve...

FueledByPara

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand New

glassJAw

Manchester Orchestra

Anathallo

Colour Revolt

mewithoutYou

The Movielife

Neutral Milk Hotel

Jawbreaker

Refused

Built to Spill

Iron and Wine

Kevin Devine

Elliot Smith

Jesus Lizard

My Bloody Valentine

The Ataris

The Descendants

The Get Up Kids

I'm sure AP.net gives those band more credit than they deserve lol

As much as I love Brand New, (and I do fucking LOVE them), they aren't exactly underrated. People bum that band lol.

Anyway, my list:

REUBEN

ALICE IN CHAINS- the most overlooked "grunge" band and generally amazing

New Found Glory- seem to be overshadowed by Blink 182 when they are hugely influential imo

I could go on about bands like Four Year Strong, Kids In Glass Houses etc but they are new band and still have time.

I'm sure AP.net gives those band more credit than they deserve lol

As much as I love Brand New, (and I do fucking LOVE them), they aren't exactly underrated. People bum that band lol.

Anyway, my list:

REUBEN

ALICE IN CHAINS- the most overlooked "grunge" band and generally amazing

New Found Glory- seem to be overshadowed by Blink 182 when they are hugely influential imo

I could go on about bands like Four Year Strong, Kids In Glass Houses etc but they are new band and still have time.

I know ap loves them, I took this as meaning in general. Obviously within the scene, those bands are quite well known. Especially the older ones.

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News

8-)

Badass album.

MCR suck.

Heh, they got terrorised at Download, on the way past the main stage when they were playing, everyone was chanting "FUCK EMO!" and we were louder than their "music". That lasted for about half their set. Not to mention the millions of bottles and other crap lobbed at them.

Owned.

MCR suck.

Heh, they got terrorised at Download, on the way past the main stage when they were playing, everyone was chanting "FUCK EMO!" and we were louder than their "music". That lasted for about half their set. Not to mention the millions of bottles and other crap lobbed at them.

Owned.

yeah :nono:

My Chemical Romance are one of the greatest bands to grace this freakin' earth, they get recognition but not from the people they should. It's narrow-minded idiots that thinks it fun to bottle a band that have worked hard to get where they are and have a massive fan base because of what? their music.

yeah

if it was so rubbish they wouldn't be one of the largest rock bands around.

They are not Emo.

They are MCR.

geez, people are so narrow minded nowadays.

anyways

(sorry, i get protective over them :roll:)

bands that i think don't get the credit they deserve :

Escape The Fate

Kings Of Leon

Avenged Sevenfold

Elliot Minor

+

Breaking Benjamin

[:

yeah :nono:

My Chemical Romance are one of the greatest bands to grace this freakin' earth, they get recognition but not from the people they should. It's narrow-minded idiots that thinks it fun to bottle a band that have worked hard to get where they are and have a massive fan base because of what? their music.

yeah

if it was so rubbish they wouldn't be one of the largest rock bands around.

They are not Emo.

They are MCR.

geez, people are so narrow minded nowadays.

anyways

(sorry, i get protective over them :roll:)

bands that i think don't get the credit they deserve :

Escape The Fate

Kings Of Leon

Avenged Sevenfold

Elliot Minor

+

Breaking Benjamin

[:

My Chemical Romance are far from the greatest band on the Earth. They aren't even the best band from NJ, never mind the States. They had a decent debut, nothing spectacular. Same goes for "Three Cheers..." although I found it better than the debut. The Black Parade is one of the worst excuses for a concept album that I have ever had the displeasure of coming across in my life. It's about as tolerable as a saucer of goat cum. Fair play to them for getting out of the failing modern 'emo' scene early though. But that's about all the credit I can give them.

Also, Kings of Leon are ridiculously overhyped. They get more than enough credit on a daily basis. Elliot Minor shouldn't be as big as they are either, they just got lucky to attach themselves to a genre where if you look moderately acceptable the legions will follow. As with most bands now a days actually.

My Chemical Romance are far from the greatest band on the Earth. They aren't even the best band from NJ, never mind the States. They had a decent debut, nothing spectacular. Same goes for "Three Cheers..." although I found it better than the debut. The Black Parade is one of the worst excuses for a concept album that I have ever had the displeasure of coming across in my life. It's about as tolerable as a saucer of goat cum. Fair play to them for getting out of the failing modern 'emo' scene early though. But that's about all the credit I can give them.

That's just your opinion.